Knicks Sign Jermaine Jackson

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Knicks sign Jermaine Jackson to a 10 Day Contract.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/jackson_050228.html

Knicks Sign Jermaine Jackson to 10-Day Contract

NEW YORK, February 28, 2005 – New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced today that guard Jermaine Jackson has been signed as a free agent to a 10-day contract and center Jackie Butler has been placed on the Injured List with right patella tendinitis.

Jackson, 6-4, 202-pounds, was averaging 20.8 points and 11.8 assists in 14 games for the Great Lakes Storm of the Continental Basketball Association this season. The Detroit, MI-native had won CBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week awards three times over the past two months. In three NBA seasons, Jackson owns career averages of 2.2 points and 1.6 assists in 84 games with the Detroit Pistons, Toronto Raptors and Atlanta Hawks.

Butler, 6-10, 250-pounds, was signed as a free agent on Feb. 27 and has yet to appear in a regular season game.

The active roster remains at 12, with two on the Injured List

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
jackson_050228.jpg

He played on the same CBA team as Jackie Butler... i guess one scout got lazy, or lucky

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea welcome the new #8 to the knicks haha. JERMAIN JACKSON!!! WELCOME!!!....well they signed a G and Butler goes on the IL. We have two CBA players who average big numbers BUT this is the big leagues so well see what they can do HERE. being good in the CBA is like being like a big fish in a little little pond...almost like Andrew Bogut in the Mountain West Conferene haha see how i tied that in ;) ...so lets see how these guys do with a chance in the NBA.

by the way Jackson averaged
10.9 mpg
.374fg%
.701ft%
1.10 rpg
1.6 apg
2.2 ppg :?

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Knicker Bocker said:
He's the Lebroon james of the CBA. :rofl: You realize I'm being sarcastict right.

dont know why your being sarcastic, he basically was the Lebron of the CBA, those stats speack for themselves

NYKnicks15

Starter
Peach_NYK_21 said:
Knicker Bocker said:
He's the Lebroon james of the CBA. :rofl: You realize I'm being sarcastict right.

dont know why your being sarcastic, he basically was the Lebron of the CBA, those stats speack for themselves

honestly he has a right to be sarcastic its very funny if you think about it...just read my post above yours...those stats speak for themselves aswell

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yes but those are his NBA stats, not his CBA stats. In the CBA he has Lebron numbers, but not in the NBA. I know hes not a great NBA class player, those stats dont lie, but when hes in the CBA, he puts up big numbers. When hes in that league oposing coahes treat him like coaches in the NBA treat Lebron. hes great there but not here

NYKnicks15

Starter
and i think thats where me and Knicker Bocker find this humerous. Have you watched the CBA? Have you kept up on the CBA? its nothing, means nothing and is much like the NBDL. it is a minor league. you are right ill give you that those are almost LeBron stats. but like I continuously say with Bogut and the comment i said a few posts ago, its a big fish in a small pond. its like if i played hockey right now, of course id be great because no one would show up...this is the NBA and were saying the fact that you were amazed of his stats is what we find funny. no worries, hakuna matata. :)

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
all right, all right, i think we agree on this, and looking at it from your point of view i can see its humor. I actually went to a CBA game a few years back, and it is a very small league, the game was played at a high school, but i'll admit, it was one nice ass high school gym.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced today that guard Jermaine Jackson has been signed to a second consecutive 10-day contract.
Jackson, 6-4, 200-pounds, is averaging 2.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 7.0 minutes in three bench appearances this season with the Knicks.

The active roster remains at 12, with two on the Injured List.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/jackson_050310.html

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i dont think jermaine is going anywhere, unless we find another point guard.. jackson has played very well in the few minutes he's seen

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
i dont think jermaine is going anywhere, unless we find another point guard.. jackson has played very well in the few minutes he's seen

Plus, who would sign him? :lol:

But, J.J has been playing decent in his limited role and he is deserving of another 10 day contract.

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea but he will probably be gone this offseason...and it wont contain any risk because like you said no one will probably sign him unless its by a 10 day contract....

the reason i say he will be gone this offseason is mainly because right now we have a roster of 12 active (the max) and two on the IL (Houston, Butler) leaving 1 space available....and we have 11 inked automatically in the offseason the other three (Sundov, Butler and the forementioned Jackson) are free agents...now we have three draft picks leaving one space available (saying we use all our draft picks which is looking like a def. unless we trade with them)....So with that one last roster spot...who should we keep??? A guard? or A center?