NYK.gif

(0-0) -- (0-0)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG, TNT7:00 PM EST

Y'all thought i'd forget about this :)

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup! Thanks for Game Thread Rady ....

MitchRob for a double-double in 20 minutes .. Get the ball down low to MitchRob !!!

mafra

Legend
Starters got them off to a good start but IQ-led offense could only muster 2 points last 4 minutes? NYK up 1 after 1.

RJ-Cam duo looked good for a few possessions. Brunson looks in control. Obi with a sweet dunk, but missed a few wide open 3s.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Brunson & McBride duo look good
Randle switching off on defense to stop opponents from taking McBride down low

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle with the Bully-Ball move at the end of the first half to give Knicks a 12 pt lead at HalfTime 65-53 .. I was expecting a 15 pt half time lead.

mafra

Legend
Knicks cruise. National media loves potential of DET but they aren?t near where NYK at right now.

Only sour note was Cam twisted ankle and missed last 5 shots (after swishing first attempt) and Obi was 0-4 from downtown and shots were way off.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jalen Brunson, RJ Barrett & Julius Randle combine for 52 points on 21-for-33 shooting in their first preseason game.
Brunson had 16 pts and 5 ast in his Knick debut.
Randle had 15 pts, 4 ast, 6 rbds, and 0 turnovers.
After 11 minutes of playing time, and 1-6 FG shooting Cam Reddish left the game having a ankle injury. It looks like the (injury-prone) Cam Reddish trade never should've happen, and the Knicks should've selected 6.8 Jalen Williams with the 11 pick in the draft.

I'm still expecting the Knicks to win all their preseason games by 20 pts vs Lottery teams !!!

Brunson looks to be running the offense which is good. He is not giving the ball up as he crosses half court. Like Frank and all the other PG had do. That means there is a change in the offensive scheme.

Randle look focus.

Ivey is going to be special. Leaving defender standing flat footed on defense. Of course I guess you have to look at who was defending him.

https://apple.news/ANkn33swiRXSbtBHsm7v1hA

Last edited:

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Brunson looks to be running the offense which is good. He is not giving the ball up as he crosses half court. Like Frank and all the other PG had do. That means there is a change in the offensive scheme.

Randle look focus.

Ivey is going to be special. Leaving defender standing flat footed on defense. Of course I guess you have to look at who was defending him.

https://apple.news/ANkn33swiRXSbtBHsm7v1hA

Have to like the way RJ looked......I know there is no mention of him but there will be.....

Toppin does not need to shoot 3's

Have to like the way RJ looked......I know there is no mention of him but there will be.....

Toppin does not need to shoot 3's

You should be ashamed to mention him. It?s amazing that his defense has not improved and you guys that support him say nothing. This just beyond comprehension.
They switch him twice on defense last night. Putting him on Ivey was a huge mistake(but that what he is, lol). Ivey left him flat footed several times and stole the ball from him.

If you remember I wanted the Knicks to trade up for Ivey at all cost. Summer league and last should show you why!!

Hope you notice the 1st quarter of the game. The offense flowed smoothly and RJ hardly touch the ball. He doesn?t fit in an offense where the ball moves. He stop the ball because he needs to run over somebody like he ran over Ivey.
Did you see the graphic on Knicks PG over the few years... They showed Trier being the PG the year RJ started the season at that position. A Disaster but you guys don?t care about team you care about saving face.

Obi doesn?t need to shoot 3?s ?agreed. Hartstein the center is just what I thought of him. Not impress outside of those two 3?s I saw nothing special especially his defense.

They didn?t play Hunt until the last 5 minutes of the game.

If Detroit get some chemistry with those guys they will be a tough opponent every night.

Saw Knox in street clothes after the game. Hope he not hurt.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm definitely gonna miss the winning pick & roll of Taj Gibson & D.Rose in the 4th quarter in the upcoming season.
Hart & Cam = weakness in the paint, and setting decent screens & picks for teammates.
Deuce-McBride 6 steals says Tom Thibs are still an assistant coach for not giving Deuce any playing time last season. I recall Thibs doing the same to Nate the Great.
Tom Thibs did not set up any screen/pick plays for Fournier to go around to get an open shot. .

The Knicks next game will be a 2 game series against the Lottery Indiana Pacers, when u recall early last season when the Knicks had a 2 game series vs the Lottery Orlando Magic the Knicks went 1-1, because of COY Tom Thibs incompetence coaching a series.