GAME THREAD: NYK @ ORL 3/4/05, (L-111-89)

NYKnicks15

Starter
true but i was trying to say we are overpiled with the stockpile of 6-7-6-9 PFs fighting for the PF-C positions and same with Miami...but only bigger! :lol:

NYKnicks15

Starter
NEW YORK- 52 16 09 13
ORLANDO- 63 27 13 09

ughh where to start? Where to start? Well on a plus Marbury and Kurt are having solid games like always. And I cant blame this failure of a half on anything but lack of defense. Not trying to point this out or make myself look great in anyway because frankly im not in the mood to gloat right now...but the two things i said that could go negative are, maybe im a jinx.

ONE-Tims off to a bad start (5 pts 2 rebounds). Tims not playing overly great nor as i can see by Grant Hills 14 points is defending great either. Like I said "if he plays like he has been and defends as he could" we have this match up won...guess what hes not doing either. and thats are x factor like someone said prior.

TWO-Howard already has a double double 16 pts 10 reb. ridiculous. Sweetney nor any backups can take care of this kid. we are out rebounded by 11!!! Weve put in Taylor, Rose, Sweetney and Williams and no one can stop him. hes too big, too athletic, hes flat out too good. No wonder he was the number 1 pick.

Between the rebounds, fouls and no defense we are killing ourselves. were down by 11 and out rebounded, basically out everything unless Tim steps it up, our only chance at the moment is Kurt and Steph...how rare or a situation huh? :|

oh forgot one more thing there is another part i had the right idea on.... :wallbash: IM DOING A LOT OF THAT boys!!!!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This has been pure garbage! Terrible offense and terrible defense for us, and amazing offense and amazing defense for them. We're not hustling on defense, and the orlando zone is making us shott jumpers, and nobody is hitting! Doesnt look like there is any communicating going on out there, and Orlando looks like they want this more. One of the worst performance's in a while... just awedful :?

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
DOA10303050248.jpeg

a little symoblism... we got stuffed!!!

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i hope nobody got excited by that mini win streak the knicks were on. the bubble was going to burst sooner or later.

i hate watching marbury just stand around on defense, he literally doesnt even move sometimes. it really pisses me off. theres at least a few times that i noticed that if he had positioned himself, he might have been able to get a rebound or prevent the other team from getting an offensive rebound. i love ariza and jyd's hustle and overall energy. that one play where jyd tried to save the ball and got it to kurt thomas but then he traveled made me squirm. the knicks should be a team of high energy guys that play tough defense and make the other team earn the win. it seems like almost every guy on the roster doesnt give a flying hoot about playing any D or going after rebounds and loose balls.

marbury should be traded (for the right players in return). kurt thomas, who is obviously less athletic than most other PF's in the league and at 32, should also be traded. allan houston, at this point, is probably untradeable.

i hate watching penny hardaway play, that guy (although he seems nice), just straight up sucks. he looks so lost and unathletic out there. he should have been bought out before shandon anderson. ok, maybe im exagerating a little bit there.

the only players i like now are ariza, sweetney, jyd, and maybe crawford (as a point guard, not as shooting guard).

my plan would be to give marbury the green light and to basically try to score 30 points every night. hopefully, that will impress other teams. then, when the summer commes around, trade him for a more complete player that actually plays D. try to juice up KT's numbers also. both of those guys might have some decent trade value and hopefully we could get something in return for them.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
i hope nobody got excited by that mini win streak the knicks were on. the bubble was going to burst sooner or later.

i hate watching marbury just stand around on defense, he literally doesnt even move sometimes. it really pisses me off. theres at least a few times that i noticed that if he had positioned himself, he might have been able to get a rebound or prevent the other team from getting an offensive rebound. i love ariza and jyd's hustle and overall energy. that one play where jyd tried to save the ball and got it to kurt thomas but then he traveled made me squirm. the knicks should be a team of high energy guys that play tough defense and make the other team earn the win. it seems like almost every guy on the roster doesnt give a flying hoot about playing any D or going after rebounds and loose balls.

marbury should be traded (for the right players in return). kurt thomas, who is obviously less athletic than most other PF's in the league and at 32, should also be traded. allan houston, at this point, is probably untradeable.

i hate watching penny hardaway play, that guy (although he seems nice), just straight up sucks. he looks so lost and unathletic out there. he should have been bought out before shandon anderson. ok, maybe im exagerating a little bit there.

the only players i like now are ariza, sweetney, jyd, and maybe crawford (as a point guard, not as shooting guard).

my plan would be to give marbury the green light and to basically try to score 30 points every night. hopefully, that will impress other teams. then, when the summer commes around, trade him for a more complete player that actually plays D. try to juice up KT's numbers also. both of those guys might have some decent trade value and hopefully we could get something in return for them.

U need to chill. It was only one game. They had 3 days off so, I expected a little laziness from them. Too much time off isn't too good. The last 3 games everyone was hustling, moving their feet and playing D. If you take Marbury, you take away the cor of this team. Kurt Thomas has been shooting the lights out of the ball lately. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for in fundamental talent. Penny Hardaway is one of the best spot up shooters on our roster. When he comes into the game he can create problems for the defense and spread the floor. The Knicks just didnt come out good tonight. As usual they got too happy, and relaxed and thought Orlando was a pushover because they commit alot of turnovers. I think it's those throwback jerseys. Whenever the Knicks wear those jerseys at away games, they always lose. Look at the Cleveland game back in January. In the next 2 years or so, the Knicks should get some new jersey's.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
thats exactly what i want to do, take away the core of this team. because this team shows no heart or character (only ever so often). and marbury is the core, so he should be removed. kurt thomas has no fundamental talent. all he can do is hit that 15 foot jumper. penny hardaway is a good spot up shooter????? his FG % is .434 and from 3 point range it is .289. he has a slow release and when opposing defenses see him on the court, they breate a sigh of relief because they know he sucks, hes old, and he cant do anything. he doesnt create any matchup problems.

it pisses me off when people are just ignorantly optimistic about players and this team without accepting the reality.

GD 8

Rookie
HEY GUYS I'M NEW HERE.I'M FROM GREECE AND I'M A KNICK FAN SINCE MY AUNT LIVES IN MANHATTAN,NY.I GOTTA SAY DO NOT TOUCH MARBURY ANYMORE.HE'S OUR BEST PLAYER,A NEW YORK NATIVE AND PROBABLY THE FINEST AND MOST SUITABLE TO RUN THE POINT IN THIS TEAM.GIVE HIM SOME HELP,SOME FRONTCOURT AND HE'LL BE FINE.HE NEEDS A SOLID BIG PLAYER.IT'S NECESSARY.SO,BE COOL AND DO NOT JUDGE STEPHON.COME ON,HE'S CONEY ISLAND'S FINEST,AND I'M VERY PROUD THAT A PG FROM THE CITY SUCH AS STEPH IS IN OUR TEAM.HELP HIM,DON'T BE MAD AT HIM WHEN HE HAS NOTHING.BOTTOMLINE,JUST DO NOT TOUCH STARBURY.KNICKS RULE

rady edit:
DO NOT POST IN CAPS!! DON'T YELL AT PEOPLE!!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
and on top of that, we have no big men!! Bruno Sundv is our tallest man, but is a giant scrub, and after that, our tallest guy is our small forward. I pray, that isiah has someone in mind for the draft...

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
thats exactly what i want to do, take away the core of this team. because this team shows no heart or character (only ever so often). and marbury is the core, so he should be removed. kurt thomas has no fundamental talent. all he can do is hit that 15 foot jumper. penny hardaway is a good spot up shooter????? his FG % is .434 and from 3 point range it is .289. he has a slow release and when opposing defenses see him on the court, they breate a sigh of relief because they know he sucks, hes old, and he cant do anything. he doesnt create any matchup problems.

it pisses me off when people are just ignorantly optimistic about players and this team without accepting the reality.

first off saying that kurt thomas has no fundamental talent is prob the dumbest thing u could ever say. Right now just about no one in the nba is really showing fundamental talent except for people like tim duncan. To say Kurt thomas of all people has no fundamental talent is ridiculoud. Kurt thomas can be the definition of fundamental. He is prob the most fundamentally sound basketball player in the atlantic division.
He plays defense something over falf the knicks team doesnt do

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yeah, you're asking for people with heart and character, and your asking to take away the most defensively active person out there. I know we have guys like Kerome Williams and Malik Rose whose defense is their whole game, but Kurt is a started, and plays more minutes, and has made a big comitment on defense. Please stop the KT hating, he is our heart and character

NYKnicks15

Starter
true it was just one game...but its funny cause its not just this one game that we suddenly demanded a difference around the knicks organization. these three games are just that, three games! Do they elipse our lack for better terms SH**TY play before that?? and after that? no.

We have this discussion a lot and i enjoy it. Knick Fan thinks its good to clear the roster and start over a new picking up free agents along the way, and i say deal with what we have through bettering ourselves through trades and draft...well we both agree on the draft...point is people have different opinions....

facts we have to face though, is we stink. and this "playoff run" even if we get a spot is not going to make us better, its not going to eclipse the fact that we still suck. so we have to lose attachment to players we love or cherish to get better...

I love Kurt Thomas, I think hes incredible, but it doesnt hide the fact that hes not a leader, hes not a low post present and he can only play D and shoot that 15 footer. and hes getting old.

This offseason is going to be a big change for the knicks...and if not the offseason definetely by trade deadline...we have three picks and only 1 roster space left...Jackson will be gone, Sundov will be gone...and by offseason or trade deadline...Kurt, Tim, Penny, Maurice and maybe even Butler and Jerome Williams will be gone....theres two things about Isiahs reign to get used to...ONE dont get attached to any player love them or hate them because they have a good chance of being traded and TWO no matter how much arguing you do, Marbury, Crawford, Sweetney and Ariza will be here to stay unless something HUGE comes along...

im just saying players will come and go, its necessary to make a team better...change its what we need