Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FIRST time reader

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rady

Administrator
Staff member
now that was an easy one :)

i'd like to thank you again for doing all this, i know it's not esasy (especially when the database falls), i personaly think you're doing a wonderfull job!

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
rady said:
now that was an easy one :)

i'd like to thank you again for doing all this, i know it's not esasy (especially when the database falls), i personaly think you're doing a wonderfull job!

Yah, nyknicks15 you are doing an incredible job with this.

Kudos ;)

NYKnicks15

Starter
wow thanks im glad everyone likes this thread and furthermore you appreciate it! thats awesome...

Not doing one today though, which you'll see me doing a lot, skipping a weekday here and there due to S...L....O...W happenings in the NBA (especially around this time of year)

Yea Ill be back tomorrow most likely, with the answer of the trivia question (not like you dont already know it haha) but yea and ill post a new one aswell with the answer...thats what i was saying peach lol but thanks for participating...i was saying ill ask a question, then on the following post answer it, and post a new question..but thanks again!!

I promise number 2 will be MUCH harder than number 1....until next time! take care

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
IM BACK. Like a razzling dazzling, stuffing and huffing, gyrating and penetrating, rejuvenating, crisp Walt Frazier jersey here comes NUMBER 10

TrAnSaCtIoNs
Here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

Wednesday March 23rd 2005

magic_logo.gif
Orlando signed guard Mark Jones to a 10-day contract and placed forward Hidayet Turkoglu on the injured list.

bobcats_logo.gif
Charlotte activated forward Gerald Wallace and placed forward Theron Smith on the injured list.

jazz_logo.gif
Utah signed guard Randy Livingston for the remainder of the season.

Tuesday March 22nd 2005

heat_logo.gif
Miami activated center Wang Zhizhi and placed forward Christian Laettner on the injured list.

cavaliers_logo.gif
Cleveland named Mike Bratz and Wes Wilcox assistant coaches.

RuMoRs
Lets get right to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 5.

knicks_logo.gif
#5.COACH HERB:::EW IN??? Isiah Thomas plans to interview everyone from Phil Jackson to Gene Hackman for the Knicks' coaching vacancy this summer. No one knows exactly who Thomas will make his No. 1 priority, but if he's keeping a top 10 list in his Palm Pilot, it's time to cut and paste interim coach Herb Williams up a few slots.Williams, who inherited a dispirited and struggling team, has the Knicks playing with the defensive intensity and attitude that hasn't been seen in Madison Square Garden since Jeff Van Gundy was running up and down in front of the bench. Last night, the Knicks finally beat the Celtics, who humiliated them in their home opener and beat them two more times.The 107-82 victory was mean, nasty and against a quality opponent. It featured Stephon Marbury screaming at the Celtics' bench, Paul Pierce getting into it with Tim Thomas and even the mild-mannered Williams exchanging a few words with Boston point guard Gary Payton."The game got a little physical and our guys didn't back down," Williams said.It was the second straight quality win for the Knicks, who have won eight of their last nine at home. In many ways, it was much more impressive than Monday night's rout of the Tim Duncan-less Spurs.The first-place Celtics had won seven in a row and are now 11-2 since Antoine Walker rejoined them. They walked into the Garden acting as if they owned it. Star players refused to talk with reporters before the game, and Pierce even yelled at a television reporter who was trying to interview Tony Allen.The Celtics clearly had been reading too many of their own press clippings, and that haughtiness carried over onto the court."We didn't show them any respect," coach Doc Rivers said, shaking his head. "You have to show up and play. We had guys yapping with guys on their bench, and that is not winning basketball. That is not a winning team."That is a team excited about a winning streak and not acting like a winning team."Williams, by contrast, has the Knicks acting like a winning team, even if they did get a little mouthy in the first quarter. Still, it may be too little, too late. The Knicks remain 3½ games out of eighth place as Philadelphia also won last night.The Knicks are 12-15 under Williams, which is not the sort of record that gets anyone hired. Yet, since beginning his head-coaching career with a 2-9 mark, he has the team playing better than anyone could have expected. The team he took over from Lenny Wilkens was disjointed and confused. Last night, the Knicks looked like they believe in themselves - and in their coach.Last night marked the eighth straight game in which the Knicks have held an opponent under 100 points. What's more, the Celtics' big guns, Pierce and Walker, were absolutely dreadful. Pierce scored five points. Walker, supposedly the key figure in the Celtics' renaissance, was back to his old tricks, firing up errant three-pointers and finishing with 13 points and 5-for-20 shooting.A lot has been made of Williams' lack of experience, and in an ideal world, he might have been better off with a few more seasons on the bench. Most names on Isiah's wish list have big-time experience, guys such as Jackson and Larry Brown and Flip Saunders. Yet Williams has more coaching experience than Rivers had when he got his first head-coaching job in Orlando. And he also has a good five years' experience as an unofficial player-coach when he was Patrick Ewing's backup. Yet with nine coaching changes having already taken place in the NBA this season, there's going to be a lot of teams looking this summer for someone who can coach. And there are a lot of easier jobs than the Knicks.Maybe no one out there wants this job more than Williams, and it's starting to look as if the players want him to get it, too. Worse things could happen. Rockets assistant Patrick Ewing told NBA TV on Tuesday that although he enjoys his job in Houston he would consider joining the Knicks' staff next season if Herb Williams is retained as head coach....I'm heading towards giving Herb a full year, just to see how it goes. Youll never know until you take chances. Now Jackson seems very appealing but theres alot of questions that come with that. 20 million a year for his services? Triangle offense in NY? The owners will love it, and probably hate Isiah if he doesnt do it. It wont bother me though. I rather have Herb, Ewing and Aguirre around next season especially if we pick up a big man...

bulls_logo.gif
#4.FATHER BULL:::DON DONE IN TORONTO??? Donyell Marshall's fiancee and children still live in Long Grove, so any trip this summer to visit the Bulls as an unrestricted free agent wouldn't take very long. Expect the visit to take place. Marshall left the Bulls on good terms on Dec. 1, 2003, when he was part of a package deal sent to the Toronto Raptors. Bulls operations chief John Paxson was looking to dump Jalen Rose and his huge contract, and the Raptors demanded Marshall be included. There was a buzz about the Bulls, who visit the Raptors tonight, being interested in Marshall before the Feb. 24 trade deadline, but nothing materialized. The 6-9 Marshall, who can play either forward position, might be priced out of the Bulls' range this summer, but certain variables could come into play. ''While I'm going to be looking at many situations, Chicago is definitely one of the teams I wouldn't mind playing for,'' Marshall said after practice Tuesday. ''I'm looking for a team where I can get meaningful minutes, a good contract and a chance to play for a winner. The Bulls have all those. I didn't want to leave in the first place, and my family [fiancee Leea Kielpinski and their four children] still live in that same house in Long Grove I bought when I signed with Chicago. ''I first signed with Chicago because I felt they had an up-and-coming team and because the city is equal distance from my home in Philadelphia and Leea's home in Minnesota. But this is a business, and trades are part of it. [Bulls coach Scott] Skiles got hired just a couple of days before I got traded. I had a couple of practices under him, and the last one was the best one I had had with them since I was there because he moved me to small forward and saw that a front line of me, Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler would really be a productive one.'' Marshall, 31, played a year and a half for the Bulls, averaging 12.6 points and 8.5 rebounds. 'John called me in and explained to me why he had to do what he was doing, and I understood,'' Marshall said. ''He had to do what he felt was best for the team and for its future. So I conducted myself as a pro then, just as I did when this last trade deadline passed and I wasn't traded. "I was very disappointed I wasn't traded to a contender. At this point in my career, that means a lot to me. But [Raptors general manager Rob Babcock] said he got a lot of offers but none that would help our team that much.'' Marshall feels he is in his prime, and his numbers suggest as much. He is a top candidate for the league's Sixth Man Award, averaging 11.9 points and 6.8 rebounds. He recently tied an NBA record when he hit 12 three-pointers as part of his career-high 38 points in a 128-110 rout of the Philadelphia 76ers.. . .Going back to Chicago for him would be a plus for him and his family. Aswell as being on a winning team for once. He's a great player and a veteran who would add experience to the Baby Bulls..Chances are hell go there...especially if they get rid of the disgruntled Curry..Chandler at C, Marshall at PF, Deng at SF, Gordon at SG and Hinrich at PG...dont sound too bad especially with Niocioni and Duhon coming off the bench..hopefully Curry just comes to us!!! YES my saga continues the sound of now starting at center for your new york knicks number 2 Eddy Curry!! is like music to my ears...we can dream right?

heat_logo.gif
#3.SALARY SPACE:::SOME TOO CLOSE TO THE HEAT??? Q: With the Heat's impending signing of Shaq to a contract to keep him in Heat uniform for the rest of his career, will the Heat have a tough time keeping a very integral part of this team and his front court mate, Udonis Haslem? Also, knowing Shaq's contract and signing D-Wade to a long-term deal will limit our cap space, can the Heat really retain its core players surrounding them for the next few years? Joseph, Miami, FL...A: The bottom line is the Heat can match any offer for Udonis up to a $5 million starting point for next season. If Udonis agrees to an offer beyond that elsewhere, the Heat's out of luck. In many ways, it's up to Udonis. He can sign for a lower figure for one year with the Heat and then get an unlimited amount in 2006-07. As for filling out the roster, that's why Qyntel Woods and Dorell Wright are here, as building blocks for the next generation of Heat....When it comes to situations like these you can never be too sure. It all depends on the players motive. Is 5 million enough to live on? Yes. Is a ring more important?...

celtics_logo.gif
#2.CELTIC PRIDE:::IT AINT EASY BEING GREEN??? The Celtics will always be the Green, but there may be a little black in the sartorial mix next season. The club confirmed yesterday it is considering an alternate uniform that will include black accents and a more updated look. The Celtics will always be the Green, but there may be a little black in the sartorial mix next season. The club confirmed yesterday it is considering an alternate uniform that will include black accents and a more updated look. In a quick check with historians yesterday, no one could remember there being a color other than green and white on the Celts' jerseys and shorts. If a change is made, it would be for a third uniform that, under league dictates, would need to be worn a minimum of six times (e.g. the Lakers wearing their whites on Sundays).While league sources say the new uniform is pretty much on its way, Celtics executive VP for sales and marketing Rich Gotham said, ``We haven't committed to it yet. The league wants us to commit to it, but we've sort of reserved judgment on it. We looked at it last summer and punted on the decision. Now we're looking at it again.'' Though the Celts switched away from the traditional dark sneakers at home starting last season, Gotham said, ``We wouldn't mess around with our standard uniform. If we do it, it will be a special edition, so to speak. It's a decision we wouldn't take lightly. We wouldn't do anything without consulting Doc (Rivers), Danny (Ainge), Red (Auerbach) and probably the players. We'll see if it's something the fans are interested in and the players would enjoy and we'll sort of go from there.'' The league had been having some of its teams wear old-style uniforms on occasion this season, but as Gotham said, ``We're already retro.'' ...Stupid story? yes. BUT I just want to begin my plea for an alternate Jersey for the knicks...i think theres too many all orange ones now that the Bobcats, Suns, Wizards, 76ers go old school or alternate...I say all BLACK with BLUE numbers and letters with ORANGE border around each letter and number!? Imagine Crawford "jersey popping" those hot threads? haha...oh im on a mission now. Eddy Curry in that alternate!!! its my dream haha

cavaliers_logo.gif
#1.SHOPPING IN THE OFFSEASON:::THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THEN THE SWORD...ON THEIR LOGO??? From the season's start, the Cavs have been one of the worst outside shooting teams in the NBA. They are shooting 32.9 percent from 3-point range, 28th out of 30 NBA teams. Paxson brought in Lucious Harris during the off-season to improve the team's outside shooting, but he's been in a slump all year. In February, Jiri Welsch was brought in from the Celtics to do the same thing - improve the outside shooting. He didn't do any better than Harris. Malone will have to figure out what happened with Harris and Welsch and get more production from all of his outside shooters or the opposing defenses will continue to pack it in and force the Cavs to shoot from the outside. That's just one problem for Malone. Poor defense is another. It has cost the Cavs several games, including one against the Nets when Richard Jefferson scored on a last-second basket when several players got lost on the switch. Under Silas, perimeter defense had long been an issue, and guard Jeff McInnis took much of the blame. Still, improving on a defense this late in the season will be a challenge for Malone, especially with so few games left. He's in no position to introduce another system. As for the bench, scoring from the role players has been so bad that veteran forward Scott Williams has been shocked by it. "I've never seen such a lack of production off a bench in my 25 years in sports," Williams said. "We have skilled players on that bench. I don't know if it's a conscious thing or a subconscious thing. Guys just were not performing." Robert "Tractor" Traylor, Eric Snow and Anderson Varejao pro vide solid defense off the bench, but scoring is another matter. The inability of the bench to provide points has put too much pressure on the starters. LeBron James, for example, scored 56 points Sunday at Toronto, but that still wasn't enough for a victory.That was just the latest failure on the road, where the Cavs haven't won since Jan. 22. If the Cavs hope to remain in the playoff hunt, they must end their road losing streak. They have 12 road games left, and eight of those games are against teams in the top eight playoff positions. So Malone doesn't have much time to turn things around. His first game is tonight against the defending champion Detroit Pistons. "If [the firing] shakes it up a little bit, this could be a positive thing," Williams said. "We haven't been playing the way we were playing in December and January. This wasn't the same team that the city was excited about, and we have to get back to that." In the off-season, the Cavs will have room under the salary cap to pursue an established outside shooter on the free-agent market. Some potential free agents the Cavs would be interested in are Ray Allen of Seattle, Michael Redd of Milwaukee and Joe Johnson of Phoenix. In addition, the Cavs might choose to pass on re-signing McInnis, which would leave an opening at point guard. One possibility to fill that void is Antonio Daniels of Seattle. Also, the Cavaliers will have to make a decision on All-Star center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who will be a free agent. James says he wants Ilgauskas to come back, but the Cavs might be reluctant to sign a long-term, big-money deal. Finally, the Cavs will need to find a replacement for Silas to help chart the next course for the team....Cleveland needs some outside shooters, and I think Ray Allen is there best bet, as Michael Redd keeps stating he wants to stay in Milwaukee. (who knows why)...imagine Iglauskas, Gooden, James, Allen and say Snow??? conference finals here they come...

ThE sCoReBoArD
CHI 94 - TOR 85
PHO 120 - CHA 105
SAS 93 - IND 100
BOS 82 - NYK 107
DET 84 - PHI 107
NOH 102 - MIN 107
MIL 108 - LAC 116
DAL 109 - GSW 97

tRiViA tImE
Alright heres a new part where Ill ask a trivia question one day, answer it the following and post a new question along with the answer. Todays question is a MATHEMATICAL RIDDLE!!! Pretty simple just follow the instructions...its a tough one today guys!! I think..

ADD the number of players we have drafted in the last 10 seasons (95-04)
ADD the jersey number of the player that won the NBA Finals MVP award in our NBA Championship win
SUB the jersey number of our guard who played college ball at Tennessee
ADD the number of wins we have total in our last two NBA Final appearances (not series, just game wins)
SUB the number of 3 Ball and Dunk Champions total (that were New York Knicks when winning the contest)

EQUALS THE JERSEY NUMBER OF WHAT PLAYER CURRENTLY ON THE KNICKS ROSTER???? Minor mess up on the question, did fix it though.

Well that wraps it up, post at will and just over all enjoy!!! Goodnight, Good write!!! peAce Go Knicks!!!

Special thanks to the ESPN.com, NBA.com, Chicago Sun-Times, Newsday, New York Daily News, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Boston Herald and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel

NYKnicks15

Starter
Not trying to give away too much here...lets just say it doesnt matter what championship win...

In our past two NBA FINALS appearances, how many games did we win....like if it was best of seven in both and we won 3 in one appearance and 3 in the other the answer would be 5...

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
NYKnicks15 said:
Not trying to give away too much here...lets just say it doesnt matter what championship win...

In our past two NBA FINALS appearances, how many games did we win....like if it was best of seven in both and we won 3 in one appearance and 3 in the other the answer would be 5...

You mean what 6 but I know what your saying ;)

NYKnicks15

Starter
Well see if your right on the next Today In NBA post haha...but yea everyone reading this go back to PAGE 2 to see the latest edition (number 10) of Today In Nba...new rumors, transactions and of course Trivia Question THANKS!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
Like a JC entrance at the Gaden hailing from Seattle your starting shooting guard, here comes NUMBER 11

TrAnSaCtIoNs
Here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA.

Sunday March 27th 2005

wizards_logo.gif
Washington places Brendan Haywood on the injured list and activates Peter John Ramos from the injured list.

Saturday March 26th 2005

timberwolves_logo.gif
Minnesota places Mark Madsen on the injured list and activates Ervin Johnson from the injured list.

spurs_logo.gif
San Antonio activates Mike Wilks from the injured list.

jazz_logo.gif
Utah places Andrei Kirilenko on the injured list and activates Jarron Collins from the injured list.

Friday March 25th 2005

pistons_logo.gif
Detroit activates Darvin Ham from the injured list and places Ronald Dupree on the injured list.

rockets_logo.gif
Houston signs general manager Carroll Dawson to a multiyear contract extension.

clippers_logo.gif
L.A. Clippers waive Kenny Anderson.

spurs_logo.gif
San Antonio places Devin Brown on the injured list and activates Linton Johnson III from the injured list

Thursday March 24th 2005

cavaliers_logo.gif
Cleveland names Mike Bratz and Wes Wilcox assistant coaches.

blazers_logo.gif
Portland activates Ruben Patterson from the injured list.

RuMoRs
Lets get right to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 3. Came back expecting a busy weekend of talk but of course the NCAA games took over the column/news space....but here we go

bulls_logo.gif
#3.FATHER BULL COMING:::DUHON TO MOVE ON??? Raptors forward Donyell Marshall will be a popular target this summer in free agency, in large part because teams figure he’ll be willing to accept a deal for the midlevel exception of $4.9 million. That would make him a candidate to join just about any team in the league. The first time the Bulls visited Toronto in February, Marshall said he would be interested in rejoining his former team because his fiancee and four children still live in the Chicago suburbs. That’s an intriguing scenario for the Bulls: adding a veteran power forward who can be a reliable scoring threat thanks to his 3-point skills.The question here is whether the Bulls will be willing to use the full midlevel exception this summer on Marshall or anyone. If they did sign a free agent with the midlevel, they’d put themselves at risk of losing rookie point guard Chris Duhon. Since Duhon was a second-round draft pick the Bulls weren’t sure they’d keep, he signed a one-year, non-guaranteed contract. Duhon has gone on to start 59 consecutive games, and he put his value on display last week as the Bulls went 3-0 with Kirk Hinrich sidelined by a hamstring strain. Duhon will be a restricted free agent this summer, and the Bulls are over the salary cap. But they are allowed to use any part of the midlevel exception to re-sign the former Duke point guard. If the Bulls decided to use the midlevel on another free agent, their options for Duhon would dwindle to the $1.6 million exception or a 20 percent raise above the minimum salary, which would be about $930,000 for a second-year player. Under that scenario, if Duhon signed an offer sheet worth $1.61 million from another team, the Bulls would be unable to match it. Of course, some of these rules could change when a new collective bargaining agreement is reached before the start of next season. But the situation suggests that the Bulls would keep the midlevel exception available and set their sights on a tall guard in free agency. Utah’s Raja Bell is the most obvious candidate among unrestricted free agents, and he makes a relatively modest $1.32 million this season. The Bulls should be able to re-sign free agent power forward Othella Harrington without touching any of their exceptions. They are allowed to give Harrington a 20 percent raise from this season’s $3.15 million salary. And if they don’t spend too much this summer, the Bulls could be $10 million below the cap in 2006. There is little question the Bulls consider Duhon worth keeping. His defense and court sense have been outstanding this year. If he can become a more consistent shooter, he’ll be earning NBA minutes for years to come. Consider this statistic: When Duhon hits 2 or more 3-point shots in a game, the Bulls’ record is 15-6...not going to spend too much time on this subject but i believe its very possible Duhon and Marshall will BOTH be Bulls next year. The salary issue isnt too had to get around especially when they put the idea in Duhons head of they gave him the chance to play and make a name for himself, and the cap is easy to get around if he signs a two year deal etc etc etc...

magic_logo.gif
#2.NEW MAGIC:::WHAT POSITION??? The Orlando Magic are not only playing for a postseason spot, but many of them could be playing for a roster spot next season.You even could make the argument that -- given the slumping Magic are not a contender -- they are positioning themselves for the offseason as much as the postseason.Who'll stay? Who'll be traded? Who'll return in a different role?And who'll coach them if it's not Chris Jent?The front office will continue evaluating just what the Magic need this summer -- from the draft to free agency -- during the team's final 13 games.The Magic look set at two positions for a while.They'll have Grant Hill at small forward for -- at least contractually -- two more years, and rookie Dwight Howard at power forward for, hopefully, 15 years.The center position has been run by committee. The Magic need more scoring inside (but then who doesn't besides Miami and San Antonio?).Orlando will be in the market for a shooting guard after the trade of Cuttino Mobley and the injury to aging Doug Christie, but DeShawn Stevenson is having his say.Stevenson has been plugged into the starting job by Jent and has recorded 23- and 22-point games.Developments at the point-guard spot are curious. Steve Francis would have been included in the category of players with set positions -- joining Hill and Howard -- except it's difficult to tell if Francis has a set position.Is he a point guard or a shooting guard?Error-prone, Francis was moved by Johnny Davis from point guard to shooting guard for the first time in his six-year career. Rookie Jameer Nelson was inserted as the starting point guard and the move had its merits.Either way, the experience has been beneficial for Nelson. But if Jent does not return, what will the new coach do with Francis? And if Francis is reinserted at shooting guard, do the Magic believe Jameer can put a full-Nelson on the point-guard job? Or do they need another point guard to start?The Magic also have some other things to figure out besides where they stand in the playoff chase....That's a tough question for a coach to answer dont you think? PG or SG for Steve Francis. But i think the relitevely easy answer is PG. Just because hes a "veteran" of that position. I mean its just like moving another shooting point guard like Marbury to SG. It just wont work. He's too small. If they can get a legit SG in there I think it will be fine. Nothing against DeShawn Stevenson or Cuttino Mobley, the only two guards hes ever really played with at the spot. I just think they should look around see whats out there and pick up that SG. and if they come to the conclusion that Francis should play the SG and they do play with a small back court, they have a lot of options on the market...Stoudamire, Van Exel, Anderson, Lue etc etc...

knicks_logo.gif
#1.GET TO THE POINT LIKE STOUDAMIRE:::MIGHTY MOUSE TO BIG APPLE???Damon Stoudamire will tell you he has a history with Isiah Thomas, one that may be strong enough to lead to a reunion in New York next season with his former boss. Stoudamire, according to sources, is a free agent the Knicks will strongly consider this summer, even if Thomas selects a guard in the draft. Thomas wants to add quickness, experience and another ball handler to his backcourt. The addition of a player of Stoudamire's caliber would allow Stephon Marbury to play more minutes at shooting guard. Thomas has hinted that he wants to play a style similar to that of the Suns and SuperSonics, spreading the floor with three-point shooters and taking advantage of Marbury's ability to drive to the basket. Thomas also envisions having three players - Marbury, Jamal Crawford and possibly Stoudamire - who can all play both guard positions. "If that happens, it would be great," Stoudamire said late Saturday night. "I definitely think the beauty of playing that way is that you have three guards that can pass, dribble and shoot. Isiah is molding the team the way he did in Toronto and like the team he played for in Detroit. Isiah, Joe Dumars and Vinnie Johnson all complemented each other." The 5-10 Stoudamire, who scored 25 points in Portland's 103-96 victory over the Knicks on Saturday, long has been a favorite of Thomas, who drafted Stoudamire 12 years ago with the Raptors. Stoudamire, who will turn 32 in September, is not expected to re-sign with the Blazers this summer. The uncertainty surrounding Allan Houston's arthritic knee - the Knicks would prefer that the veteran guard retire - and Crawford's inconsistency give the Knicks reason to want to add a veteran player with Stoudamire's resume. "I've got some history with a lot of the guys that run the team in New York, Isiah, Brendan Suhr, and I even played with Herb (Williams) for (one game) in Toronto," Stoudamire said. "It's something me and my agent will definitely look at. At the end of the day it's something I will definitely listen to." Stoudamire's agent is Aaron Goodwin, who also represents Crawford as well as Vin Baker, whom the Knicks signed to a two-year, $7 million contract last summer. Baker was eventually traded to the Houston Rockets in the Maurice Taylor deal. Thomas has a good working relationship with Goodwin, but his friendships with Stoudamire and Goodwin may not mean much if and when the two sides begin negotiating. Stoudamire will earn $12.5 million this season and is prepared to take a significant pay cut this summer. How much of a cut is open for debate. The Knicks can offer Stoudamire their mid-level exception, which would be a deal starting at $5 million. However, Thomas may want to save that chip for a younger player who can become a starter. The Knicks could get Stoudamire for a deal starting at $2 million but Stoudamire figures to draw interest from several teams. "I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but anything is possible," Stoudamire said of signing for a reduced amount. "Always things you can do to get it done. I'm just looking forward to free agency. I haven't been free for a long time."...Mid level exception on another guard? If we could get him for that 2 mill deal. Id say 100% pull that trigger. but of course our first priority is the C-F spot. I think Isiah is heading in the right direction though. We just have a lot of SMART thinking to do in the offseason. Draft 3 good players (said it since day one, Johan Petro, Channing Frye, BJ Elder). Resign Ariza. Then the rest is where the SMART shopping/dealing really begins...I think with this roster (C Johan Petro, C-F Channing Frye, C-F Kurt Thomas, F Mike Sweetney, F Malik Rose, F Mo Taylor, F Jerome Williams, F Tim Thomas, F Trevor Ariza, G Jamal Crawford, G Allan Houston, G Stephon Marbury, G Penny Hardaway, G BJ Elder)...we have a good up down roster..but we should still move some players around trade wise (Kurt Thomas, Penny Hardaway, Mo Taylor) just to see if we can still upgrade the C...and then see what we can do with the G position....Long way to say first comes first..

ThE sCoReBoArD
Nets @ Bobcats
Hawks@ Magic
Mavericks @ Pistons
Pacers @ Bucks
Cavaliers @ Hornets
Grizzlies @ Bulls
Rockets @ Jazz
Nuggets @ Suns
76ers @ Kings
Wizards @ Trailblazers
Knicks @ Warriors

tRiViA tImE
Alright heres a new part where Ill ask a trivia question one day, answer it the following and post a new question along with the answer. Todays question is "THE CHAIN GAME"...heres how it works, is starts with one player of a certain position. Its followed by a player they have something in common with. and continue until we have a starting line up of 5 guys (1 at every position)...somehow, someway...enjoy and with the answer specify if you like this question game aswell...

3. He played in two allstar games the soon to be mentioned 2005, aswell as the 2003 Allstar Game. He won the gold medal at the 2001 Goodwill Games. Member of the US team that lost the 2002 World Championship and the team that won the bronze in the 2004 Olympic Games. He played college ball at UNLV until 1999. Who is the Power Forward???

What one of his (PF's) current team mates (furthermore which one of his starting line up companions) also went at number 9 in another NBA Draft, only three after him to be exact??? HINT. He is this only ACTIVE Center besides for Shaquille O'Neal to have won the Rookie of the year Award. Who is the Center???

Just like the PF and himself (the C), this player also went #9 in a NBA Draft. The only thing difference is just like he..this Small Forward was also straight from HighSchool. Who is the Small Forward???

In this players (the SF) only slam dunk appearance he came in third place. What Shooting Guard 2 inches shorter and 2 inches younger, then the Small Forward, also appeared in a SlamDunk competition? HINT. This player actually won the competition...both times he was in it. Who is the Shooting Guard???

In the same weekend he (the SG) won a SlamDunk championship, he won the Rookie game MVP award held in Philadelphia in 2002. He shares that same priveledge (of being a Rookie game MVP) with ONE other player who won that award as a Golden State Warrior. Who is the Point Guard???

This player (the PG) played in the 2005 AllStar Game, on the winning East side. The PF played in the 2005 AllStar Game, on the losing West side.

#2's ANSWER...

1995 00, 1996 03 John Wallace, Walter McCarty, Dontae Jones, 1997 01 John Thomas, 1998 02 DeMarco Johnson, Sean Marks, 1999 02 Frederic Weis, JR Koch, 2000 02 Donnell Harvey, Lavor Postell, 2001 02 Michael Wright, Eric Chenowith, 2002 02 Nene Hilario, Milos Vujanic, 2003 03 Mike Sweetney, Maciej Lampe, Slavko Vranes 2004 01Trevor Ariza:::+18

Willis Reed was the MVP for New York Knicks in both their NBA Championship wins 69-70 & 72-73::::+19

Veteran Guard Allan Houston played College Ball for Tennessee until 1993::::-20

Our last two NBA Final appearances came in 93-94 (against Houston) in which we won 3 out of 7 & 98-99 (against San Antonio) in which we won 1 out of 5::::+04

In the history of the 3Ball and Dunk competitions only one winner was a Knick at that time and that was in the 1989 Slam Dunk competition. Kenny Sky Walker::::-01

ANSWER:::#20 ALLAN HOUSTON

Well that wraps it up, post at will and just over all enjoy!!! Goodnight, Good write!!! peAce Go Knicks!!!

Special thanks to the ESPN.com, NBA.com, New York Daily News, Orlando Sentinel and the Arlington Heights

NYKnicks15

Starter
TODAY IN NBA
Wow this number hasnt been wore in a while ummm like a 73-74 Dick Barnett jersey here comes NUMBER 12

TrAnSaCtIoNs
Here we go with the leagues Signings, Waivings, Tradings and important IL placements around the NBA. THE BANK WAS CLOSED NO TRANSACTIONS!!!

RuMoRs
Lets get right to the part of this thread dedicated to the speculation and facts regarding anything news worthy around the league. Heres my Top 3. Came back expecting a busy weekend of talk but of course the NCAA games took over the column/news space....but here we go

knicks_logo.gif
#5.HIGH HOPES:::DUMB & DUMBERContrary to a report in the Daily Ruse, Thomas made no move to acquire Antoine Walker the last couple of months prior to the Feb. 24 trade deadline. Nor should/will he waste time come summer trying to recruit the Celtics' reformed rising free agent. Representative Mark Bartelstein doesn't even have to play his cards right to secure a four-year contract for his client (currently earning $14.625 million) in the affluent hood of $8M-to-9M per, above and beyond the Knicks' mid-level means. Correspondingly, I'm tempted to disparage the reporter's latest "intelligence" regarding Thomas' purported interested in romancing Damon Stoudamire with that same $5M exception, except that Isiah and his pet Raptor still have a strong thing for each other after all these years.Moreover, why wouldn't James Dolan's core-less franchise want to build on its feature as being the NBA's only member to exceed the salary cap on backcourt contracts alone? Allan Houston is on next season's books for $19.125M, Stephon Marbury $16.453M, Penny Hardaway $15.75M and Jamal Crawford $6.48M; Stoudamire would be an extra $5M. Oh, I forgot, Thomas intends to trade the "coveted" closeout contracts of Hardaway, Maurice Taylor and Tim Thomas and thus salvage some future cap flexibility. Somehow I suspect the Knicks will be compelled to hold on to those precious possessions for one last season, thus clear some room without anyone's help. In case you haven't already caught on to the above resource, stay tuned for additional "inside information" in the upcoming weeks and months: Utilizing the mid-level and ($1.6M) veteran exceptions, as well as sign-and-trade offers, Thomas also plans to pursue Ray Allen, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Donyell Marshall, Michael Redd, Joe Johnson, Larry Hughes, Eddy Curry, Tyson Chandler, Chris Duhon, Zaza Pachulia, Kwame Brown, Vladimir Radmanovic, Bobby Simmons, Marko Jaric, Samuel Dalembert, Kyle Korver, Cutino Mobley, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Udonis Haslem, Stromile Swift, Earl Watson, Bonzi Wells, Eddie Griffin, Latrell Sprewell, Raja Bell, Juan Dixon, Keith McLeod, Dan Gadzuric, Dan Dickau, Gerald Wallace, Reggie Evans, Jerome James, Flip Murray, Michael Ruffin and, of course, Eddie Robinson...I find all reporters that write on the Knicks rather dumb. As I do agree with some of the stuff they write they only look so far or over exaggerate the negatives. This idiot named every possible his feeble minded self could think of. He doesnt understand that we cant expect to much, but then again some fans need to realize that too. In no way shape or form are we going to be under the salary cap soon. or even later. Deal with it. It's not this idiots problem. And what happened has happened (Layden) you can only work on the future. furthemore work with what we have. Isiah is going to do that, and recognizes what we need and what we actually can obtain. He knows the importance of the draft. He knows how to draft. With three draft picks we can help our team. thats step one. evaluating trade possibilites is another. Seeing who actually would be interested in Mo Taylor, Penny Hardaway and most of all KURT THOMAS! but this loser only focuses on up coming expiring contracts (once again only focusing on our negative. With the 5 million exception we cant do much but in all actuallity we dont need to. 1 good player is fine! if we dont trade anybody and we let Butler, Jackson, Sundov "expire" and do take our 3 draft picks...we have a 14 man roster. leaving one spot open! So all I have to say is I hate articles not because I cant accept the Knicks negatives (believe me I do and thats why I want them to fail this season) but because they only focus on that, without stating both aspects of the situation....

lakers_logo.gif
#4.NO CALIFORNIA LOVE:::ATKINS TAKES RAPE, I MEAN RIP AT KOBE???.The Lakers moved into damage-control mode Monday, with Chucky Atkins insisting he harbored no ill will toward Kobe Bryant, and Bryant insisting Atkins' critical comments were a non-issue, and Coach Frank Hamblen musing that a little controversy hasn't always been such a bad thing for the franchise.As the Lakers hovered in 10th place in the Western Conference, three losses from a team-record 11th consecutive defeat, there were attempts to repair the fractures of a splintering season a day after Atkins created one of the deepest fissures yet.Atkins, who critically referred to Bryant as the team's general manager on Sunday, blamed the media for distorting his words and said Bryant was a friend, denying the thrust of a conversation before Sunday's game against the Philadelphia 76ers that began with one reporter in front of Atkins' locker and grew loud enough to draw the attention of others."They wrote the wrong thing and they know what's up," Atkins said. "Instead of the beat writers around here saying what they really want to say and write what they really think, they want to use myself and Caron Butler and Lamar Odom to be a scapegoat for what they want to say about Kobe Bryant."Guys have been taking shots at Kobe Bryant all year. He hasn't broken, and he ain't going to be broken. My teammates, they know me. If I want to say something to them, I won't go through the media and say it. I'll go to them as a man. I don't hold my tongue to anybody."Atkins' tirade, vulgar at times, came a day after he responded to a reporter's question about what moves he would make during the off-season to improve the Lakers."I ain't the GM of this team," Atkins said Sunday. "Kobe's the GM of this team. Ask Kobe. You've been watching this [stuff] all year. You've been watching it, and I've been playing in it."Atkins has become gradually more irritated because Bryant has privately criticized him for faulty defense and because of the number of shots Bryant takes in the course of a game, team sources said.Bryant and Atkins talked briefly before Monday's practice, as the Lakers gathered to try to halt the second-longest losing streak in the franchise's 58-year history."We really didn't have to have much of a conversation," Bryant said. "He was pretty adamant about his feelings about what had happened, and people kind of taking it out of context or whatever. We're just letting it be. Everybody here, we all stick together. Maybe people are trying to divide us or pull us apart. We're not going to let that happen."When told that Atkins made the remarks and sounded sincere about them, Bryant said it was "something you've got to take up with him.""If you guys are here to try to create something or stir something up or come to me and try to get some type of reaction from me, you're not going to get any," he said. "We're all just sticking together and just coming ready to work tomorrow. We all just want to play basketball."We had a great practice today. Everybody played hard, everybody competed. We all encouraged one another, we got on one another, we had a great day of work."Bryant also touched briefly on the perception that he has acted as the team's general manager."I don't have to say anything on that issue," he said. "I trust [owner] Jerry Buss and [General Manager] Mitch Kupchak. I trust their track record. They've put together great teams in the past. All I want to do is come here and play basketball and have a good time with my teammates. That's all I want to do."Kupchak, who was in Indiana to scout a high-school all-star game, declined to comment.As if on cue, as if the season hadn't taken enough unexpected turns, Phil Jackson was upstairs at the team's headquarters as the Lakers denied any lingering problems.Jackson, who said this month it was "50-50" he'd come back and coach in the NBA, was having lunch with longtime girlfriend and Laker executive vice president Jeanie Buss, which he has done a number of times since returning late last month from a six-week vacation.Downstairs, on the practice court at Laker headquarters, Jackson's former assistant, Hamblen, acknowledged that the mounting losses had irked the players."Anything that's said in the paper nowadays is probably out of frustration," he said. "We've all got to hang in here together. Everybody's frustrated."Later, as questions about controversy began to wind down, Hamblen smiled slightly."Even when we won championships, we've had situations like this," he said. "Maybe it's a good thing."....Finally someone has grown some, granted its Chucky Atkins. Then again he did take it back, probably in fear of getting released by GM Kobe Bryant. If Odom and Butler stood up then there would be some effect. I dont like Kobe at all, i think hes unprofessional and is a drama queen. Shaq gone, Phil gone, Payton, Malone...these arent Johnny come latelys. Hes all about one thing himself, and when he fails he puts it off on somebody else. I guarantee you if Bryant was not there and you insert any team player at SG they would be a winning team and if not that atleast 500. Bryant is a great player dont get me wrong but he needs to let everyone do their jobs and realize he is NOT michael jordan. the triangle doesnt work anymore, and neither does the one man show. Then again I dont know whos more to blame here...Kobe Bryant or Jerry Buss for not having his own pair...

cavaliers_logo.gif
#3.MCINNIS OUT:::WHAT A DICKAU??? .New Or leans- If the Cavaliers decide not to re-sign point guard Jeff McInnis this summer, the organization might consider replacing him with New Orleans' upcoming free agent guard Dan Dickau. Dickau will at least consider the Cavs. Of course I would," Dickau said. "They're an up-and-coming team and they have the best young player in the league. Playing alongside LeBron [James] would be a lot of fun because he's such an unselfish player. That would help me continue to grow as a player." Dickau is growing quickly after such a poor start to his NBA career. Before joining the Hornets, he played with the Atlanta Hawks, Portland Trail Blazers and Dallas Mavericks, averaging 3.0 points and 1.3 assists in 93 games. That has all changed since Dickau was traded to the Hornets in December. He's averaging 13.5 points and 4.7 assists. Dickau has led or tied for team game-scoring honors 16 times. Dickau has made such a huge turnaround that he is a candidate for Most Improved Player. Cavs rookie Luke Jackson is not surprised, although many in the league gave up on Dickau. "All he needed was a chance," said Jackson, who worked out with Dickau during summers in the Northwest. "He works hard and he puts in the time. His game speaks for itself because he can shoot and he's like a fly out on the court. He's hard to catch."...I just love when people have one good year (following three horrible ones) and get long term contracts after that. Doesnt that always work out for the best? haha I mean Dickau yes is getting good, and yes I believe in progression and second chances but who else is in New Orleans? Its easy to be a big fish in a small pond...but yea good for him, hope he gets the money and a lot of interest in the offseason yadda yadda Congradulations Dan Dickau...

knicks_logo.gif
#2.KNICKS OFFSEASON:::CENTER OF ATTENTION??? Herb Williams said the center-less Knicks this summer "could definitely use a shotblocker, but when you do a wish list, that's what it is, a wish list." Isiah Thomas has said he's in the market for a center and athletic shooting guard such as Golden State free agent Jason Richardson, who faced them last night. Shotblockers are harder to come by. Utah 7-foot center Andrew Bogut, likely the top pick in the draft, isn't necessarily one....Jason Richardson is out of the question and thats a line of over optimism. But Herb has it right, a wish list is just that. Nothing more. You make your decisions on your needs, and just accept wishes as a undershadow. The thing I found interesting about that comment though was..."isnt necessarily one"...hmm is this foreshadowing the arrival of my boy Johan Petro???...mwhaha

knicks_logo.gif
#1.APPEALING APPLE:::FROM LIL ITALY TO ZENTOWN???Charley Rosen, one of Phil Jackson's longtime friends, spent four days with the Zen Master in Los Angeles earlier this month, and swears Jackson is on the fence on whether to coach next season. It seems hard to believe Jackson would pass up a chance at a $12 million per year paycheck, but Rosen says Jackson "convinced him" it's true. Rosen said Jackson will still interview with teams such as the Knicks but may decide to pass. There will be many opportunities, including the moribund Lakers, whom the Knicks visit tonight; Cleveland; Dallas; Portland; Orlando; Minnesota; and possibly Seattle. "He doesn't know if he wants to coach or not," Rosen told The Post. "It's not yes. It's not no. He doesn't miss the game." Jackson needs one title to surpass Red Auerbach. "He is not at all interested in topping Auerbach," said Rosen. "Winning the 10th championship is not a driving thing. He's got enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life and he's making money doing lectures. "He's kind of removed from the NBA. He likes the idea of being responsible only for himself, of regaining his life, not having to worry about this guy having a hangnail." Rosen, Jackson's biographer, spent four days in L.A. working on a magazine piece on Jackson's adventures traveling to New Zealand, Australia and Tahiti. Rosen said the Knicks have "appeal" to Jackson. According to Rosen, Jackson thinks the Knicks are a couple of player moves away from being strong. "He'll interview and talk to people and see what they see," Rosen said. "That doesn't indicate he's interested in them or in coaching."...Sick of talking about this. I hope he goes back to LA with Kobe. Drama queens, intentions hogs, flashy people fit together...hows the triangle doing in LA at the moment??..

ThE sCoReBoArD
New York @ LA Lakers
LA Clippers @ Cleveland
Toronto @ Miami
Seattle @ Memphis

tRiViA tImE
Alright heres a new part where Ill ask a trivia question one day, answer it the following and post a new question along with the answer. Alright, we did a "QuickQuestion", we did a "MathematicalMaze" and we did the "ChainGame" Todays question is "WhoInTheWorld?"
Heres how it works, there will be a fact at the top of the question that by process of elimination you will answer. Just write the alphebet down and as you answer the questions, erase the letters beside your answer for example...(What is Ariza's jersey number...ABC) 21...you would cross off ABC on the alphabet)...the letters you are left with at the end of the 5 questions either duplicated or rearranged equal the answer...confused just PM me...but until then here its is...enjoy..

4. FACT:::HE WAS BORN IN ILLINOIS.

NUMBER OF TEAMS California, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin & Michigan have combined???
ABC) 12
FGH) 11
MNO) 9
STU) 7
WXY) 5

NUMBER OF TIMES The Knicks played in a different country this season???
HIJ) 4
NOP) 3
LMN) 2
QRS) 1
UVW) 0

NUMBER OF TIMES The Knicks played in Louisiana this season???
XZ) 4
RU) 3
ED) 2
AB) 1
YS) 0

NUMBER OF TEAMS That's state name begins with the letter N???
ABCDEF) 1
STVWXZ) 3
LMNOPQ) 5
GHIJKL) 7
PQRSTU) 9

NUMBER OF STATES That dont have an NBA basketball team???
ABCEFG) 15
IJKOPQ) 28
LPRSTV) 18
QRSAGR) 21
OPNMYX) 17

#3's ANSWER... The ChainGame Starting Line Up is....

C Amare Stoudemire PF Shawn Marion SF Tracy McGrady SG Jason Richardson PG Gilbert Arenas

Congradulations to Brian_Coleman_21

Special thanks to the ESPN.com, NBA.com, New York Post, Los Angeles Times,

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i like this new setup, that the today in the nba is in the article section.. i feel its a lot easier to read, and it seems they get better and better each edition.. keep it up nyknicks15