Mutombo & Ewing at Yao's Restaurant

rady

Administrator
Staff member
SI.com said:
lg_ming.jpg

Yao Ming's parents opened the 100-table Yao Restaurant & Bar in a west Houston strip mall late last month. When the Rockets' All-Star treated his backup Dikembe Mutombo and assistant coach and former Knicks big man Patrick Ewing to lunch, SI's Gene Menez was there.

The three enter and are led to Yao's VIP room, which is customized for tall people. (Yao's mother, Fang Feng Di, is 6'3"; his father, Yao Zhi Yuan, is 6'7".) The doorway is nine feet high, the table and chairs are supersized, and large plush recliners sit opposite a 42-inch flat-screen TV.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/players/03/07/first_person0314/

Read the dialogue, it's really funny :)

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
yea itz pretty funny lol....i like how yao has that humor in him. cuz a lot of people who dont speak english as their first language dont have that american humor lol

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
If Earl Boykins got invited to go to dinner with them, he would really feel small for the first time in his life. Having dinner with giants in a supersized room!!

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
If Earl Boykins got invited to go to dinner with them, he would really feel small for the first time in his life. Having dinner with giants in a supersized room!!

Actually, he plays in the NBA and almost always goes up against players that are 5''s taller then him.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i wasnt meaning it in the physical sense. i was trying to say he has big heart and hustle and doesnt need to be tall to feel tall.