Question on the picks we got in the deals.

gknick11

Benchwarmer
What picks did SA send us? I know they were first rounders, but I was curious on the years. And I was looking on nbadraft.net, and from what I read, I hope we don't make the playoffs this years so we can have two first rounders, a lottery pick and whatever SA sent us.

NYKnicks15

Starter
if we dont make the playoffs (lottery) the we keep our original first rounder...and we have San Antonios first rounder this year (which is actually the Suns)...and we have a second rounder

next year we have our first round pick and San Antonios...with no second round pick since we traded it to Houston...

so as of now we have 2 first rounders this year (unless we make the playoffs) and 1 second rounder... and next year we have 2 first rounders and no second rounders...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
which is basically the reson people shouldnt lose their hair if we dont win some games. Next year is a clean slate, and with Herb at the helm, and new guys from the draft, free agents, and maybe some trades.. we shouldnt be so bad, but if we do make the playoffs then some new guys will get playoff experience, and will build team chemistry. However, we really need that draft pick, but what ever happens i will be happy with

NYKnicks15

Starter
alright let me reiterate myself for a sec...

this years draft we have 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder...

1 First Rounder is our original [(we gave to Pheonix in the Marbury deal...but if we make the lottery we keep it...if we make the playoffs it goes to Utah (given to them by Pheonix in the Gugliotta trade)]

2nd 1 First Rounder is the one given to us in the Mohammed trade, its unconditional and it comes from Pheonix because of the Barbosa trade...

1 Second Rounder the one we have is from Houston, because of the Van Gundy ordeal....

so we have 2 first rounders (unless we dont make the lottery) and 1 second rounder...