Official Draft Thread

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
what are all the frye-supporters predictions for him as a player?

he reimnds of camby. camby is talented, long, skinny, and a pretty decent center. the problem is, he CANT STAY healthy. it doesnt matter how good u are if u are sitting on the bench in street clothes.

how many good skinny 6'11 centers are there in this league that consistently produce?

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
frye-

maybe 10 and 10 guy? i think thats the best i can predict of him.

for the first year, maybe like 8 and 8? i guess id be happy with that, but if theres a superstar in the making in the draft available when the knicks pick, and isiah has done his due diligence on him and really thinks hes got talent, i would rather see him picking him (webster, green, etc.).

when u are a big man, i actually think strength is more important than height. sweetney wlill be a better rebounder than frye because hes so big he can just get position buy blocking the other guy out. frye might be quicker, but down low, that quickness doesnt help as much. down there, guys are just battling each other with their strength to get the better position.

i dont think frye has an nba type body. and i dont think u can just say "wait till he bulks up". what happened with shawn bradley? camby never bulked up. u are who u r. i dont think u can cahnge ure body as much as people think u can.

portega1968

El Cacique
for those who wish Isiah picks Frye....I ask they name nba allstars who were 7foot college seniors and were not drafted in the top 5...they are very few...when you're that big and good and proved it in college, slipping past the fifth pick is very rare...Frye has simply risen in the mock drafts because SFX/Rob Pelinka is his agent...maybe Isiah's interest is simply leverage in getting Pelinka's star client aka Kobe Bryant...Bynum is a better prospect at 7ft/280 and 17: UCONN is pissed they're not getting him and we have enough draft picks to develop this kid in the NBDL...Fran Vazquez is and will always be a better player than Frye anyways...if it took him 4yrs in college to show some game, it will take him much more in the pros and I hope that happens fr away from MSG

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
speaking of Petro, i cant believe how close we came to getting him, 27th overall? i think the supersonics picked up a steal ... also David Lee?? aparently we needed another 6-9 forward, someone explain him to me

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
david lee is the mark madison of the power foward world. gross shot, knows where to be and gets alot of boards on both ends.

what happen to that kid from georgia tech, the aussy that played center. he was 7'1 i think. did anyone pick him up?

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
luke something....i didnt hear his name in the draft, i think he might be staying. lee is listed at 6'10 on espn.com, so maybe were gonna trade or or more of our pfs/sfs in the coming months. hopefully big changes are in store for us to get younger and more talented.

portega1968

El Cacique
Definitely, Isiah picking David Lee suggests he's probably looking to ship Sweets because of his trade value. I remember Chicago pushing real hard to have him when the Crawfor deal was being talked about, so probably there's a deal in the making for Curry (I read yesterday that Skiles would prefer to trade him). Or maybe a threeway with the Cavs for Ilgauskas since Lebron is lobbying for Curry. I don't think Isiah will find suitors for Malik and JYD straight up, so I suspect Sweets days in blue and orange are numbered after this pick. David Lee outplayed everyone at the Chicago predraft camp albeit the top players were not there.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
sweets offense play is too high though, and if we're expecting Lee to come in and fill his shoes, we're mistaken... the only way i would trade sweets would be for someone of equal or greater offensive ability...

stephenpe

Rookie
Peach_NYK_21 said:
speaking of Petro, i cant believe how close we came to getting him, 27th overall? i think the supersonics picked up a steal ... also David Lee?? aparently we needed another 6-9 forward, someone explain him to me

David Lee is a player. Very athletic, tough, and team oriented.
He won the Mickey Ds slam dunk contest 4 years ago.
His attitude is excellent and his work ethic is somewhat like
Udonis Haslem for the Heat. He may surprise you guys.
His shot is much better now. He always played inside and didnt
need it that much which hinders his improvement. He is
a very good free throw shooter. He broke an arm in HS and learned
to use his off hand. Can go with either hand well.
I watched him all four years. Great kid.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think he has a lot of talent and is young. if we can get rid of one or more of our pfs/sfs we can get him some playing time. hes taller than most of our pfs/sfs right now anyway.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
for those who wish Isiah picks Frye....I ask they name nba allstars who were 7foot college seniors and were not drafted in the top 5...they are very few...when you're that big and good and proved it in college, slipping past the fifth pick is very rare...Frye has simply risen in the mock drafts because SFX/Rob Pelinka is his agent...maybe Isiah's interest is simply leverage in getting Pelinka's star client aka Kobe Bryant...Bynum is a better prospect at 7ft/280 and 17: UCONN is pissed they're not getting him and we have enough draft picks to develop this kid in the NBDL...Fran Vazquez is and will always be a better player than Frye anyways...if it took him 4yrs in college to show some game, it will take him much more in the pros and I hope that happens fr away from MSG

Channing Frye will probably end up playing the 4, in my opinion. I think Isiah is still going to try to get a legit NBA big man. I would bet that he goes strongly after Jerome James. There seems to be a strong consensus that he will get a premium contract, I disagree. Frye is a player, he proved that in the tournament, and every expert agrees that he will be an impact player, at the very least. David Lee is a tough kid that needs to work on certain aspects of his game but he is tough and will bang. I like the pick and I think that NY will come to love him as well.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i think if Isiah lands another big man i would not expect Frye to slide over to the four.. he would simply come off the bench, get his minutes and then start when hes ready..