Indy Detriot Part 4

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Wow the game was delayed an hour and a half because of a bomb threat in the pacers locker room. turns out it was fake and indy ended up winning the game i believe. ben wallace tried 2 start shit again...i really dont like his personality.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Yah, Ben Wallace and Scott Pollard got into a little scrum and Ben Wallace was talkin s**t for no reason. I hate him also.

P.S-The pacers did win. 94-81.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
thats just stupid on Ben Wallace's behalf, i hope he gets fined, even how little that was... he was the one that basically started the brawl in the first place, i cant believe he almost did it again, hes a retard

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i still find it hard to believe that only Ron Artest was banned for the season... Ben wallace should have been too, and Stephen Jackson should have got a lot more games than 5 or whatever silly punishment he was given..

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Stephen Jackson was given 30 Games actually which was a good punishment. But I do agree with you about Ben Wallace. Although Ron Artest went into the stands it was Ben who instigated eveything.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
stephen jackson went into the crowd for fun.. he wasnt trying to hold artest back or anything, he just jumped into the crowd and started laying people out... artest got the rest of the season for punching a couple of guys... jackson did the same thing... he should have got the same punishment

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I agree with you but in defense of Stephen Jackson he was trying to defend his teammate and not let him get hurt. It's true that Ron Artest probably wouldn't get hurt by a couple of drunk fans but......

There is still no excuse for going into the stands were as there is no excuse for throwing stuff onto the court.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
if he wanted to protect Artest he should have been trying to HOLD guys away from him, not punching whoever was in his sight... and yea that was disgusting how those scum bag fans threw all that soda and junk onto the players

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Yah, both parties acted pathetically. Stephen Jackson was whaling his fists around and basically looking for a fight and the fans were just awful.

Not like us. :gony:

NYKnicks15

Starter
i think basketball from college to pros has gotten to out of control.

One the Players...Stephen Jackson isnt the one here who should of gotten more time. Its none other then Jermaine O'Neal, but they gave him not only a short game suspension (for what he did) but also lessened it after that because "hes not usually like this"...okay so does that mean people who shoot someone for the first time should get a lessened sentenced becasue "they are not usually like this"...its ridiculous what players will do now a days. Artest, Jackson, O'Neal were all in the VERY wrong. Ben Wallace? as i dont like him all he did was push someone! its the idiot fans who worsened and made the situation out of a simple push into something stupid.

the fans, are sickening. and not to compare the nba or any sport to a zoo but you go to a game to watch these amazing athletes and the show, just like u go to the zoo to see the amazing animals and the tricks...BUT there is a line you dont cross. and obviously you dont jump the barricade and attack the animals. and furthermore you dont throw stuff at them. its childish. OVER A PUSH?! theres a rule no one goes by in the audience at an NBA show or at a zoo for that matter. DONT TAUNT THEM! but people do, and not in defense of the even more childlike antics of the players but they can only take so much. going to many games along the years the crowd has everyright to cheer or boo. but sometimes people go to far. from horrible personal life remarks, to racial slurs...

the most recent DISGUSTING act was towards Wake's Chris Paul. When a kid in HS his grandfather was beat to death and died at 61. The following game he scored exactly 61 points and intentionally missed his 2nd free throw so he could stay at that number...out of respect, love and dedication...and some idiot fans thought it was somehow appropriate to chant out "I killed your grandfather" at a recent game?!?!

Players do get caught up in the game. They get very competitive but that doesnt make up for Artest doing what he did. (isnt it disgusting in todays standards how i find Wallaces push exceptable? but when times get as low as these in pro sports, it is to an extent)...but i think the most important lesson here is ANY FANS, pay your money for the ticket (or steal them i can care less), go to the game, enjoy it, cheer for ur team, boo for the other...but follow the rules, of not only the arena but the rules of common courtesy and COMMON SENSE...

in conclusion, The fan who threw the drink is an idiot!! Artest is an idiot for going in the crowd!! Artest is an idiot for punching the wrong person!! The fan who called in the bomb threats a huge idiot!! The fans who chanted at Chris Paul are idiots!! Paul Shirley is an even bigger one!!...and Marbury should punch Sebastian Telfair in the face....haha jk

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Artest did what most folks would do. Defend himself. If some stooge fan is going to throw a drink on you, you're gonna want to get that person and make them accountable for their actions. Ben Wallace has really taken a step back this year as far as reputation. He has really made himself look like an idiot woth his choice of behavior.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
While I agree with you Dr. Carpy,Artest has no right to jump into the stands and punch someone. Especially the wrong person. Artest has to control himself, I know its hard when people are throwing stuff at you but he has to do it.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I definitely agree he has to control himself. Assault is a terrible way to make your self famous. I just wish more teams would let people know (I won't say fans, cause fans don't instigate riots) it is not okay to harass players by any means necessary. Racial slurs, personal comments about family, death threats, all these things are above and beyond good sense or fan participation. It is a privilege to be fan of the Knicks or any other team. People need to realize that the freedoms that we enjoy come with an unwritten agreement that we the citizens will follows all the laws not just the ones we like. That just the way it goes. I really think that the NBA should take away 3 home games every time fans misbehave in relation to teams. I'm sure when you lose three lucrative home games you'll be more prepared to train security members, serve liquor responsibly, and require that people that come to the game act like intelligently.