Article: spike says knicks have shot at Lebron

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Spike Lee pays $1,900 for each of his two celebrity-row seats at the Garden, so he's got a right to dream.

Lee said the Knicks have a shot at Cleveland's LeBron James when James becomes a free agent after the summer of 2006. Lee is involved with Nike and knows James' agent, Aaron Goodwin. Lee claims there's a clause in James' Nike contract that would pay him more to play in New York. ...........

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/43675.htm

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Wow, if we ever got Lebron my life would be complete. I really don't think we could but getting him would be great.

PG-Stephon Marbury
SG-Jamal Crawford
SF-Lebron James
PF-Mike Sweetney
C-???

NYKnicks15

Starter
heres the thing about LeBron coming to New York. He would have to somewhere in his heart or mind for that matter see New York as being the PLACE to play. Hes already spoke about loving playing in the Garden, and we all know he gets more money if he goes to one of the three big markets. Chicago, New York and LA.

the same with Kobe, nike said if Kobe came to new york for the most that we could give them last season they would up his salary with them to make up for the loss NY couldnt pay him...obviously that didnt happen.

and I know Kobe isnt LeBron, and LeBron isnt Kobe. BUT if someone as big as Kobe wont come, what makes someone who mite be bigger want to....I cant say the money was Kobe's reason for not coming. Maybe it will be LeBrons. Hell only be around 23-24 when he becomes a free agent, and maybe money will be more important to him at that point...

if thats not the case with Kobe maybe it was the power of having his own team built around him as LA is for him...but the same thing is for LeBron in Cleveland..

So two factors come in, MONEY & TEAM

on the positive side you can say hes already a multimillionaire and hell get paid more in advertisements if he comes to NY...and NY is the mecca of basketball...

but on the negative you can say he mite already be rich but whats better then the possiblity of being the highest paid player in the NBA?? and Cleveland is HIS team he runs it, hes there man...

id love if he came, will he? well we have 3 years+ to debate that