Realistic Dream Team for Next Season

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
Marbury PG
Gerald Green SG
Ron Artest SF
Johan Petro PF (in an interview in the draft thread he said he would prefer to play pf)
Magloire C

Man that would be the best team ever. Young, Athletec, defense, tall, potentiol, blocking, not overpaid and very realistic. It might not be realistic but man that would be the best team ever. :winner:

NYKnicks15

Starter
possible? yes logical? no who would you keep on the bench and who would you trade to get them? or draft with your 3 picks?

i have a feeling Green is going to College..plus the only names u added were two draft picks and artest/magloire...artest is only paid 6 million a year..magloire is paid around 8.5..how would these trades work?

you have Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, Kurt Thomas, Jerome Williams, Tim Thomas, Trevor Ariza, Jamal Crawford, Allan Houston, Penny Hardaway, Bruno Sundov, Jermaine Jackson, Jackie Butler and one other draft pick...

not trying to rip...im just curious of the moves you would make and who you would keep...

As much as I want Eddy Curry I dont see it happening with the success of Chicago..sooo

LET GO: Bruno Sundov, Jackie Butler, Jermaine Jackson
TRADE: Kurt Thomas & 2nd Round Pick for Kwame Brown
RESIGN: Trevor Ariza
SIGN: Damon Stoudamire
DRAFT: Johan Petro, a guard preferably Salim Stoudamire

C Kwame Brown
PF Mike Sweetney
SF Tim Thomas
SG Jamal Crawford
PG Stephon Marbury

C Johan Petro
F Malik Rose
F Mo Taylor
F Trevor Ariza
F Jerome Williams
G Allan Houston
G Penny Hardaway
G Salim Stoudamire
G Damon Stoudamire

that seems more likely...for the start of the season...then who knows by trade deadline...Isiah will work something with Mo Taylor or Penny hopefully not Timmy..

rick700

Rookie
kwame would be nice, however two shot blocking, defensive minded center that are free agents and very obtainable are dalembert and ratliff. ratliff wants out of portland and would be a perfect fit as an intimidator in the middle. i think he is worth more than the exception, but maybe a sign and trade is a possibility. portland is rebuilding so our ending contracts would be valuable. maybe taking on one of their contract (ala crawford) or giving up a pick would get it done.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Ok, Two things I have trouble with:

1) How would we get Gerald Green when he is going to Oklahoma St?

2) How are we getting Artest?

dacash

Benchwarmer
do we honestly want artest? granted he is a hell of a player but he is also a distraction and not a leader. i agree that ratliff is a good rebounder and shotblocker paired with k thomas that would be nice, but ratliff is injury prone. how bout swift? he was all the talk in the preseason is he still attainable? can he play centre

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I think I would trade anyone on the team except for trevor and steph for ron and magloire. ron's not overpaid and plays DEFNSE. Gerald Green can still eneter the NBA Draft. GO to the free agency thread I described how we can make these trades and how we can put together this team. I don't feel like writing it over again.

NYKnicks15

Starter
i have read that, and i think i criticized u on the "Kurt Thomas, Mike Sweetney and Jamal Crawford for Ron Artest trade"...

nyk35

Benchwarmer
I think we should go after shareef abdur-rahim he can still put up 20 and 8 if he is given the court time

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
if we can keep Tim Thomas, Ron Artest isnt such a great idea... Herb has done an excellent job with TT, forcing him to start his game down low, and work out to the jumpers, and he has shown the results....there are many others out there who would be better than artest, but if we can get him by not giving up Kurt and Sweetney, our two best forwards, i say go for it...

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
Shareef is on the decline. We're trying to get younger and better remember! If I had to choose between keeping Tim and getting ron, I think you know what my choice would be.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
its not even tim thomas i would take over ron artest.. afyter this year, and the crap he's pulled, i would hate him here.

JaboloPR

Rookie
Sign John Peter Ramos. I see potential. 6 pts in 5 minutes vs miami. 5 pts in 3 min vs detroit the other day. 7' 3" 275 lbs, 19 yrs old, with experience playing in international tournaments (olympics, sub-21 tourneys). Bring Herb Williams back, Ewing says he'd like to come in if Herb williams comes back. Sign John Peter, develop him and give him playing time (like they've been doing with Sweetney, and maybe more because of our lack of a true center). That's just one pice I'd like. I'm really excited about John Peter. I'd love to see him develop.

JaboloPR

Rookie
And I really don't know how I feel about Stephon Marbury. I want to love him as our pt guard, but I don't. We'll see when the supporting cast gets better if he's as good as his stats

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Ramos has played games in the NBA? im confused.. i dont think he has, you may have the wrong guy... regarding stephon marbury..he really has tried his entire career, and its not always his fault... he gets teammates shots, assists, points, gets to the line... i really dont think marbury is the reason we lose

JaboloPR

Rookie
Yeah' hes been playing with the Wizards. They don't play him much. I looked him up the other night and I think he's played maybe 4 or 5 games. It's possible that's either an indication of his value or it's just that hes only 19. I think it's the latter though. I don't know much about Petro, and I'm sure he'd probably make a nice fit, but I'm skeptical because of what's happened with our recent "Next great big man" draft picks.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
ohh i had the wrong guy.. i mixed up ramos and petro.. dont ask me how i did that.... ramos looks like a decent player, and gets good production in garbage time

JaboloPR

Rookie
You missed my point if you're confused about my basing Ramos's potential on what I looked up the other day. Stats are stats, and they don't necessarily mean anything, so I wasn't basing it on what I looked up the other day. What I mean is Ramos seems alright from what I've read and seen since before last year's draft. That was all I meant to say. There are no Ewings, Mutombos, Shaqs, Mournings, or Olajuwons available, so I was just bringing another posibility to the table because he's one of the up and comers I really like, and I hadn't heard anyone say anything about him. The good garbage-time production he gets added to my exctitement about him. His height, his age, his weight, and his current and future Olympic/international experience are positives I looked at as well. I didn't even analyze if the trade would be possible and what I'd trade for him, but it's definitely not at all an impossible trade unless the Wizards are unwilling to part with a prospect. Anywyay, that's all for me on Peter John Ramos.

nyk35

Benchwarmer
Do you think its is a possibility of drafting Gerald Green and Johan Petro
(Trade one of our pfs and our other 1st round draft pick to get a pick around 15 to draft petro)

Sign Stromile Swift or Dalembert or Damon Stoudamire if we can afford any of them

Imagine

C-Johan Petro /possibly dalembert aswell
PF-Sweetney/possibly sign swift
SF-Gerald Green
SG-Jamal Crawford
PG-Stephon Marbury