NYK Coach Decision 2005

Who should be the next Coach of the Knicks?

• Phil Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flip Saunders

• Larry Brown

• Herb Williams

• Nate McMillan

• Other

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
DECISION 2005

Ill make this short and sweet. Who do you want for the Knicks next coach?

1. Herb Williams-who we have at the moment. A rookie coach but a good playing career. rumor has it, if he stays ole #33 Patrick Ewing will come back to be an assistant coach. That would mean 3 former "big men" on the bench and possibly great teachers to the big men we mite pick up. Williams, Ewing and Aguire.

2. Phil Jackson-who Isiah met with earlier this week. Phil is also optioning Cleveland and LA (where i believe hell end up). Everybody seems to play for Phil and he has 9 rings to prove it. Granted he did coach Pippen, Jordan, O'Neal and Bryant. He needs to coach NY to have coached in all 3 big markets...but would he choose a "rebuilding" team? Then again Cleveland and LA are slightly in the same category. Maybe it all depends on the acquisitions Isiah makes in the offseason...would the triangle work here though and would 10 million a season be worth it?

3. Flip Saunders-who Marbury loves. but it seems Marbury is not even safe anymore. It is just reported that Isiah mite schedule a meeting with Flip later this week, like i previously did with Phil..will this upset Phil? who knows.

4. Larry Brown-who Isiah loves. Larry is getting old and it seems he will retire after this season and if not, its said Kobe is interested and having him as his coach next season...if not Phil right?

PJ Carlesimo, Nate Mcmillan are also rumored candidates...now its your opinion, your Isiah Thomas you get too choose of any of these rumored candidates...who do you choose?

dacash

Benchwarmer
i feel as though we should keep herb. the last half of the season the players responded to him.and if we pick up petro,who is a defensive player really just like ewing was in college, he could be taught,even chris taft could be taught by ewing. herb was even bold enough to bench marbury because his defense stinks for a whole quarter.i dont think bringing in another system will work.let herb stay and keep his defensive minded approach intact

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
if we get anyone of these guys we are too lucky... however if the talks with isiah and phil went well, i feel we have a legit shot at him...anyone of these coaches can help us, and at this point we need any help we can get.

NYKnicks15

Starter
What does everyone think about PJ Carlesimo? He is a hometown boy and an assistant with the Spurs. One of the best defensive teams in the NBA. Not my favorite option...im just scared Marbury will choke him half way during the season. :lol: (alright cheap shot i apologize haha)...but really what do you think?

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
u know what let me coach the knicks, How does a team with so much talent suck so bad. Deffinetly NOT HERB please anyone but him.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
its not the coach its the players. the knicks better make a better offseason acquisition/trade than just getting a new coach or else it will be the same old shit next year.

nyk35

Benchwarmer
I take back wanting jax as our head coach. If Flip can make steph play d and look for his teammates more. I'd say he is a much better option.

NIX89

Rookie
not herb

Herb has ruined the season for us. Lenny was bad but Herb is terrible, I mean I like the guy because he is a fello CT resident but i mean he's not a good coach by far even if Patrick might come back. I say Phil even thought thats a long shot, but Carlesimo has been in a lot of rumors lately, but i personally dont like the guy, but i think that Larry brown would be temporary and we need some one longer to develop the team. Maybe Nate McMillan is a good choice.............AND NO ITS NOT THE PLAYERS ITS THE COACH

NYKnicks15

Starter
How were we doing before Herb came in? riiiiight. So he ruined the season? I don't think so. We just dont have a great team. Our styles clashed and we dont have a complete team. It IS the players NOT all the Coach. The coach does effect a team but if you dont have the players your getting no where...

Nate McMillan is an alright choice very consistent except for last year. But doesnt make sense on how you can have Allan, Lewis etc etc one year and screw up and the next be good. maybe not that great of a coach.

PJ Carleismo whats wrong with him? he got choked by Spreewell? Who cares. He's been in San Antonio ONE of the top DEFENSE teams in the league if not the best. We desperately need that, we need that no non sense type of coach and I personally think he will be a good fit.

Jackson--One meeting, Isiah says its a no go, hes going back to LA if anywhere...McMillan--Staying in Seattle...Saunders--One meeting and thats all that came out of that, going to Cleveland prolly..Brown--Retires or stays in Detroit, too old

Carleismo or Williams are my picks. With Carlesimo you get great D and with Williams you get Ewing and a good coaching staff to develop big men...Either or ill be happy with

Trin_Starr

Starter
After watching the knicks season, we lost over 25+ games by 6pts or less and lost half of them within the dying seconds of the 4th.
The knicks obviously need a closer - a coach who can keep a team calm and run the right plays to win. - Phil Jackson is a closer, but it is very unlikely that he is coming to NY - he is just using us to increase his salary expectations.
Herb was good but obviously he couldn't run the right plays at the end to close out games. He is not the right choice.

Larry Brown would be perfect, but with the surgeries, he might not be able to make a full season next year.

Carlismo is great on D and the knicks defense needs alot of work. Maybe he is our guy.

NIX89

Rookie
forget these guys

THESE GUYS HAVE NO CHANCE...WE'RE GONNA END UP WITH HERB WILLIAMS ONCE AGAIN..AND HE WILL DO A TERRIBLE JOB END OF DISCUSSION

NYKnicks15

Starter
ONE why do we have no chance? i dont really see us out of the hunt for any coach besides for Phil Jackson. Carleismo has a good chance and even Isiah's good friend McMillan. I dont understand that comment...

SECOND whats wrong with Herb Williams?...dont you think MAYBE ITS OUR DAMN PLAYERS THAT STINK!!

I dont really see an end of discussion here

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
ok larry brown clearly said detroit is his last team. i heard they arent happy with nate mcmillan in seattle so why is he a lock to stay there? i think it depends on wat direction we want the team to go in - offense or defense. defense minded are carlisemo and williams, offense - more like jackson and nate and flip i guess. therefore it depends on our personnel and any offseason moves we may make.