ANY TRADE IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP THE KNICKS NEXT YEAR

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
FOR EVERYONE: Remember, just b/c a trade works salary-wise means s**t. You need to consider why a GM from another team would be willing to risk their job and millions of $$ and a team they probably care about just to improve the Knicks. They need to have an INCENTIVE.[/quote]

Dude... First of all, Dude, you need to take a little lithium or at least a zanex or 2! OK Dude?? And Dude, you are missing the whole point of trading disgruntle players dude. Dude, it's like this, did LA get equal value for Shack? No dude they didn't. You know why dude? Because if they didn't get something; they would have eventually got NOTHING... Understand dude? And dude, Harrington does NOT want to be in Atlanta and has been public in his eventual escape from the Hawks, dude... So, dude, it would behoove the Hawks to get a talent for him, you see dude, even if it isn't at the exact level, dude they still want someone. Dude, I believe Al’s contract is up soon. I don't know if you know this dude, but Al has a bad rep of having an attitude problem. Can you understand an attitude problem....dude? Not all teams seem to covet Al Harrinton dude. Kurt would be a good fit on just about any team, dude, even the Knicks with the right surrounding players. But dude, the problem the knicks have is 2 fold, Kurt has the most trade value as far as talent goes but he is part of a long list of undersized position players, you see dude. Also dude, Isiah has 3 number 1 picks to throw into deals to sweeten a pot and dude, for a team like Atlanta, draft picks are a plus.... Got it DUDE??

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Btw dude: if Washington can't afford Hughes and they DO look to S & T him, they will DEFINITELY be looking to include Etan. Trust me (especially if theyre taking back Kurt in the deal).

I'm not saying that Hughes won't resign /w/ the Wizards. He might very well do that. But I think it's possible that he asks for more than theyre willing to give. Since it seems imminent that Kwame will be traded straight up for Kurt anyway, that would allow us to expand on that deal.

One more thing dude, I don't agree or disagree with your expert knowledge of the Washington wizards front office agenda. I can only comment on what I have seen from a team and how they've been cultivating their roster over a few years and dude, it seems like they are trying to keep a up-tempo style of play and dude I would think Washington would go out of their way to keep Huges, who was a big part of that. Dude, it is easier for a team to resign than sign and I think letting him go for the money he would ask for, unless it is Ray Allen figures, would be counter productive and they would probably have to pay the same amount to get the same talent back... So dude, please use your expert GM knowledge to explain to me why they would do that? Also, they could have let Eaton walk to the Bucks, but they matched their offer and that was just last year, so dude they have changed their mind on him? I have seen the Wizards play and I don't think they will want to trade him. Also, dude, why would the Wizards want Kurt? How does he fit into that lineup in any way, shape or form? Dude, they have better rebounders and postup players that are 2-3 inches taller and more athletic, not to mention younger!
Since it seems imminent that Kwame will be traded straight up for Kurt anyway, that would allow us to expand on that deal.
Dude, I am sorry I didn't read those headlines. I must have missed them... Dude, nothing is imminent! If Kwame comes here, via trade, it will be for someone the Wizards feel they can plug in without changing their scheme or an expiring contract. Dude, since Kwame is another player that most GMs will stay away from, the knicks could maybe get him for the mid level.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
pyotrveliky said:
i like maggette in nba live but ive never seen him play much in person. i know he can penetrate and is a decent shooter. if we can get a good deal id take him. id love to pick up hughes but since hes so vital to the wiz now i doubt theyd let him go unless we vastly overpay, which may even be worth it. paul pierce is a ballhog who jacks up way to many shots but im not denying his talent and if we could get him to fit into our scheme he could be great. id take lafrentz but just straightup cut blount...hes one of the most uninspired players ever and we dont need any more of that. in a different post i wrote id never want wally. hes basically a white allan houston - 3 pt shooter w injuries and thats it. no D no boards no passing cant do much without the ball. i have no problem with herb resigning.
pyotrveliky said:
I agree with you on Herb 100%. Why get a high priced coach now, we need to rebuild our roster first. Once we get players that can compete at a high level, than the quality coaches will want to come here. Not saying Herb isn't quality but the proven entities like, Jackson or Brown, will step in and take it to the next level. You know, Paul Pierce is an interesting candidate! I have mentioned him in the past as someone worth looking at. Boston would deal him for the right price and that might just be salary cap relief. There will be a lot of teams (who will try to be) in the Labron sweepstakes at the end of the 2006/2007 season and Boston just might want to start freeing up salary. Pierce is a quality guy, he is a hard worker and can take over a game. Yes, he is a little beat up, knees are probably 2-3 years from total uselessness and can hog the ball at times but he can take a team on his back as well. Still, if we were to get a decent big guy or 2, Pierce could be a that piece. If we had to take LaFrenz as part of the deal, that isn't the end of the world. The downside is his contract, which I believe still has 3 years on it, but depending on the other pieces we get, like Kwame or Z, you could spot Raef in the 4 position at times. As far as Hughes goes, we have crawford and Jamal healthy kind or resembles hughes (in my book). I would really like to see them go after Darius Miles from Portland. He can play the 3 and the 2. I would start him at the 2 and he would bring an aspect to the Knicks that they haven't had in a while, someone with the ability to drive to the basket as apposed to hurling 3s. He is also a good defender and at 6' 9" he is big!

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Edited

Try to disagree with something w/o having to attack him like that

i don't want to ban anyone but in this way i will have no choice

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
with pierce at the 3 (i would assume) hopefully that would mean tim thomas is dealt. lafrentz's contract is killer and im sure piereces isnt spare change either. id see miles at the 3 also. hopefully tim would be involved in a deal.

keep it civil guys

dacash

Benchwarmer
as for trades for next year i only have 3,im not much ofa salary cap nba rules guy but i think in the right situation kwame brown would be serviceable(defense rebounding blocking altering shots etc)sign a back up pg in some one like damon stoudmire,and trade fora sf type that can pass like lamar odom. i dont know how thseswould work i dont what the mle is how salary matchupsbut i think these3 things plus drafting a petro(getting rid of sundov)train him. getting a young shooting/combo guard and a 3rd young pg.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
[quote="dacash"]whoa ppl lets keep it civil,as much as i like talking boutthe knicks ts nothing to get pissed ova[/quote]

I agree and this is all about having a little fun; bouncing around trade ideas that for the most part, are pipe dreams. That doesn't give someone the right to curse (even if they substitute *** for the actual letters) and try to belittle someone because they don't agree with their trade scenarios. I was attacked because I said "I don't agree with..." and that is just un-called for!! So, I responded...
Now back to what this thread is about...
I stick by what I originally said:
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Kwame Brown
F- Kwame Brown/Rose/Taylor/Sweets-(unless traded)
F- Harrington/Ariza/Newble
G- Crawford/Houston
G- Stephon/Snow
This will be their lineup, regardless of what combo of players they use to pull it off. They will use KT, Penny, TT and possibly sweets to make these trades. The only other factor would be their draft picks... Does the knicks pull of a trade at 0 hour of the draft? Right now Atlanta has the #2, would they want the 8th pick as well? If so, than a KT for AH is very possible. Al is in his final year of his contract and is NOT going to resign with Atlanta, he has said this publicly. So, if Atlanta is going to loose him at the end of the season, KT and the 8th pick is good compensation. But, do the Knicks feel like giving up the 8th? This is a deep draft and the 8th could bring a quality guy. I think if the Knicks feel they can still get a serviceable big guy with the 30th or with their second rounder, than I think they would give up the 8th pick. If Cleveland is going to play ball with the Knicks, they will force the knicks to take unwanted contracts, Newble and Snow's probably. So, TT and/or Penny will used to pull off this deal! How they get Kwame is still a mystery. He is a restricted free agent, so Washington could Match his contract, but.... Would they want to??? They could let him walk to the Knicks (for the mid level) and save the cash to give to Larry Hughes. See, that scenario makes more sence to me... LH is a crucial part to their running game and they DO NOT want Kwame on the team so.. The X factor wil be does Kwame sign for the mid level. He could take a 1 year and the Knicks could restructure his contract during the latter half of the season to give him the more lucrative contract.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
bobs3304 said:
ya...hometheaterdueche:

your a f****n mook

Atl would NEVER take KT for Harrington...saying that made you stupider by 10 IQ points...get a life you whiny ass b***h.

Later dude dude dude dude dude dude dude

suck a dick

You forgot 1 * in whiny ass b***h. And if my IQ dropped 10 points, a drop from 138 to 128 is fine by me. You know this post alone makes YOU look like your the f****n mook

suck a dick

IF that comment doens't show this group what you're about, than nothing will!!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
pyotrveliky said:
with pierce at the 3 (i would assume) hopefully that would mean tim thomas is dealt. lafrentz's contract is killer and im sure piereces isnt spare change either. id see miles at the 3 also. hopefully tim would be involved in a deal.

keep it civil guys

I think I would keep Pierce at the 2. Pierce is probably the injection this team needs! He comes to play every night but he is a ball hog. So, if we still had crawford; than between Crawford, Pierce and Steph, they would probably hoist up about 80 shots a night between them! The only difference is Pierce will play defense and that is what the Knicks need. But I think the Knicks would have to throw in Crawford to get Pierce. Miles to me is a 2 as well. He plays both the 3 and the 2 for Portland but even though he is 6'9", he's built more like a guard. He drives to the basket and plays D. Again, things the Knicks DON'T have right now. I would rather get Miles instead of Pierce. Play miles at the 2 and bring crawford off the bench. Raef's contract is killer as well as Pierce's. They both have multi years left at big bucks!! As I see it, the knicks will NEVER get under the cap, so why stop now. Raef is an interesting player. He has the offensive game of a 4 but plays the 5. If the Knicks got him, they could rotate him from the 5 to the 4. If they were to get Kwame, the could rotate both of them back and forth for match ups. Could make for some interesting ball games.
How about Jalen Rose??? Here is a guy who has a killer contract but who is actually talented! He can play 3,2 and the 1. He has 2 years left on his contract with an optional 3rd (I think). This is probably the 1 player that the Knicks could actually get. Think of the possibilities that Jalen would bring to the lineup. He is 6'8" and since he can play 3 slots, you could put a big linup out on the floor with him at the 2 or even 1. You can play him at the 3 and go a little smaller. You can start him or bring him off the bench and he plays D!

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Hometheatre: Anyone that goes out of their way to find out what their IQ is has "issues"

About your lineup: I actually wouldnt mind that starting 5, except for the fact that Crawford shouldn't be starting. I think Zeke made that clear after the season ended. He's supposed to be our 6th Man like Starks was.

I wouldnt start Kwame at PF, I would keep him as a backup C and give him spot mins. at PF. I like having Harrington around, but I'm making 1 thing clear...Ariza is NOT gonna be traded. So I hope he's in your "longterm plans". Maybe signing Raja Bell or Antonio Daniels would solve our problem at the 2.

Personally though, I'd rather have Pierce b/c the guy can flat out ball, can play the 2 or 3, is still young, and I think it's about time he had a change of scenery (esp. since they lost by 27 points to Indy w/o Artest in Game 7)

Either plan is solid. Yours might be slightly more realistic, but I still think Big Z will resign /w/ Cle. IMO, Pierce is that second All-Star presence we need on this team. But I'd be happy if Zeke pulled off either.

So assuming we can get Daniels or Bell, our lineup might look like this:

Ilgauskus, Kwame
Rose, Sweets, Butler
Harrington*, Ariza
Bell/Daniels, Crawford
Marbury

* = I'm assuming JYD and 8th Pick for Harrington and Fut. 1st
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Jalen Rose....wtf, are you nuts. This proves you dont know what youre talkin about. The guy has an awful contract, AND PLAYS NO DEFENSE WHATSOEVER. You really need to do your homework.

Edit 2: Darius Miles....jesus christ. I had a little respect for you. But now I lost even that. Go back to counting your IQ points...stay away from basketball.

e_D

Benchwarmer
This post is starting to get ugly with the name calling and mudslinging. Lets keep it clean and keep it a discussion or I'm sure the moderator wouldn't mind turning a perfectly fine thread, into a dead one.

Isn't there a section for beef to be settled? Take it there.

Sorry for the off topic post.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
YO HOMETHEATER.......IS THIS WHAT YOU'RE TALKIN ABOUT?

Trade 1: NYK & CLE

Timmy, Sweets, & 1st Rounder (2005 30th)
FOR
Ilgauskus (resigned - 4 Yr / 50 Mill), Snow

Cleveland wont want to give him that much $$ (most likely), and they have no use for Snow at this point. Plus, they don't have a 1st Rounder this year.

Trade 2: NYK & ATL

Taylor, 8th Pick
FOR
Harrington, Fut. 1st, 2005 2nd (31st)

Atlanta will be able to take Paul /w/ their 2nd Pick, and a guy like Taft or Vasquez with our 8th. Theyre still rebuilding, and Harrington isn't much use to them at this point b/c no matter what stars they put in the lineup (Sheed, Walker, Harrington), they still lose.

Trade 3: NYK & WAS

Kurt Thomas
FOR
Kwame Brown (Resigned - 4 Yr / 30 Mill)

Gives us a shotblocker, an athletic, tall bigman. Can play both the 4 and 5.

DRAFT
31st - Ronny Turiaf (tough, physical, hard-working PF/C)
54th - BPA, Overseas Project

FA
Sign Raja Bell - 4 Yr / 15 Mill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Projected 2005-06 Lineup

C - Ilgauskus, Kwame, Turiaf
PF - Rose, JYD, Butler
SF - Harrington, Ariza
SG - Bell, Crawford, Houston
PG - Marbury, Snow
IR - Penny, 54th Pick

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
bobs3304 said:
Hometheatre: Anyone that goes out of their way to find out what their IQ is has "issues"

About your lineup: I actually wouldnt mind that starting 5, except for the fact that Crawford shouldn't be starting. I think Zeke made that clear after the season ended. He's supposed to be our 6th Man like Starks was.

I wouldnt start Kwame at PF, I would keep him as a backup C and give him spot mins. at PF. I like having Harrington around, but I'm making 1 thing clear...Ariza is NOT gonna be traded. So I hope he's in your "longterm plans". Maybe signing Raja Bell or Antonio Daniels would solve our problem at the 2.

Personally though, I'd rather have Pierce b/c the guy can flat out ball, can play the 2 or 3, is still young, and I think it's about time he had a change of scenery (esp. since they lost by 27 points to Indy w/o Artest in Game 7)

Either plan is solid. Yours might be slightly more realistic, but I still think Big Z will resign /w/ Cle. IMO, Pierce is that second All-Star presence we need on this team. But I'd be happy if Zeke pulled off either.

So assuming we can get Daniels or Bell, our lineup might look like this:

Ilgauskus, Kwame
Rose, Sweets, Butler
Harrington*, Ariza
Bell/Daniels, Crawford
Marbury

* = I'm assuming JYD and 8th Pick for Harrington and Fut. 1st
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Jalen Rose....wtf, are you nuts. This proves you dont know what youre talkin about. The guy has an awful contract, AND PLAYS NO DEFENSE WHATSOEVER. You really need to do your homework.

Edit 2: Darius Miles....jesus christ. I had a little respect for you. But now I lost even that. Go back to counting your IQ points...stay away from basketball.

My comment about Jalen Rose was based on a trade scenario that I thought was realistic and something I thought Isiah would do. Remember, and in your mud slinging you didn't seem to take note of this, I said that these were moves that I was guessing Isiah would make. These aren't moves that I would make or even want. If I was the GM, I would dump salary and make a run at Labron and a defensive 4/5. So back to what we were talkin' about. Jalen has 2 years left on his contract at super high money. I happen to like Miles and think he needs a change of scenary. U think he is in a similar situation to Kwame. Darius has tremendous ability but seems to fall short and I think the promise is worth the risk. I would aslo move him to the 2, because I feel that his game is a 2 not a three. I disagree with you on Miles, I think he is worth taking a chance on and he has a KT type contract.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Miles might be worth taking a chance on.....except have you seen his contract???

You'd be absolutely nuts to take on that type of $$ and not demand atleast a 1st Rounder in return. Plus, I don't know if you've actually WATCHED Miles play, but he is by far not a SG. The guy is 6-9. He plays mostly at SF, but sometimes at PF even. I realize the guys is quick, but it doesnt matter. Imagine him trying to guard Rip Hamilton.

I kinda agree - gettin Pierce is almost impossible esp. since we're both in the Atlantic. I like your idea of grabbing Kwame, Ilgauskus, and Harrington, simply b/c its very possible and it really helps this team out.

But there's no need to include Newble (IMO)..and I'd much prefer to sign Raja Bell to start at the 2 b/c he can hit the 3 (40% this year) and plays really good perimeter D. He's a team player too. Going by your offseason, I think our roster would look like this:

Ilgauskus, Kwame
Rose, JYD, Butler
Harrington, Ariza
Bell, Crawford, Houston
Marbury, Snow

Only 2 things worry me here - it's necessary to grab Bell to start b/c Crawford is our 6th man and H2O shouldnt even be playing, so that leaves us with 5 Guards...playing time would be an issue. The other is whether it's realistic to think that Zeke would make 3 separate trades this offseason. I actually think we shouldnt get Harrington(b/c it would be almost impossible to resign him next year). But either way, I'd be happy.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
bobs3304 said:
Miles might be worth taking a chance on.....except have you seen his contract???

You'd be absolutely nuts to take on that type of $$ and not demand atleast a 1st Rounder in return. Plus, I don't know if you've actually WATCHED Miles play, but he is by far not a SG. The guy is 6-9. He plays mostly at SF, but sometimes at PF even. I realize the guys is quick, but it doesnt matter. Imagine him trying to guard Rip Hamilton.

I kinda agree - gettin Pierce is almost impossible esp. since we're both in the Atlantic. I like your idea of grabbing Kwame, Ilgauskus, and Harrington, simply b/c its very possible and it really helps this team out.

But there's no need to include Newble (IMO)..and I'd much prefer to sign Raja Bell to start at the 2 b/c he can hit the 3 (40% this year) and plays really good perimeter D. He's a team player too. Going by your offseason, I think our roster would look like this:

Ilgauskus, Kwame
Rose, JYD, Butler
Harrington, Ariza
Bell, Crawford, Houston
Marbury, Snow

Only 2 things worry me here - it's necessary to grab Bell to start b/c Crawford is our 6th man and H2O shouldnt even be playing, so that leaves us with 5 Guards...playing time would be an issue. The other is whether it's realistic to think that Zeke would make 3 separate trades this offseason. I actually think we shouldnt get Harrington(b/c it would be almost impossible to resign him next year). But either way, I'd be happy.

I have seen Portland play and they have used Miles at the 2 as well as the 3. Reggie Miller is 6 9 and he's a 2. I know Miles doesn't have his shooting ability, but he also does not have the gerth to be a 4 and get's "pushed" around, allot of times, at the 3. Whereas he seems to be able to force his will on who guards him when playing the 2. I will go as far to say that I think he could guard Hamilton but most 2s have trouble guarding him so why would that be a downfall for Miles? Neble and snow aren't 2 guys that I want a part of at all, but if you have a team do a sign and trade or regular trade, alot of the time they try to force you to take back bad contracts. You can take this to the bank, if we get Z from Cleveland, he will come with 2 bad contracts.... and Isiah will make that deal!

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Miller 6-9???

Um, try 6-6/6-7 dude. You really like just throwin numbers n facts around don't you. Just forget about getting Miles. He's a fuckin headache, a lost talent, and he doesnt even provide outside shooting.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
bobs3304 said:
Miller 6-9???

Um, try 6-6/6-7 dude. You really like just throwin numbers n facts around don't you. Just forget about getting Miles. He's a f****n headache, a lost talent, and he doesnt even provide outside shooting.

You are right he is listed as 6'7", and I don't just throw in numbers, besides stateing a few players heights, I don't use numbers in any of my posts. Not for Salary, nothing.. but my point was that size doesn't dictate position. Dirk is 7' should he be a center?? Also, Regie was on Howard Stern a while back and stated he was between 6'8" and 6'9". What I was saying was Miles game is a 2 not a 3. Unfortunately his outside shooting is very suspect but he drives and he is a very good defender! The last thing the Knicks need is another shooter! Like I said in the other posts, I wouldn't try to get anyone at this point; I would just keep dumping salary and try to enter the Labron sweepstakes. I also think in your haste to prove me wrong, you missed my original point, being I was guessing the moves Isiah would make, these weren't my moves. That's why I brought up Jalen Rose. I read all the articles where Isiah said he likes Jalen, and I know that alot of that was talk to get Carter, but I could see him pull off that move. He openly stated he liked Miles. That was the one guy that I actually liked that he mentioned. After he brought in Malik and Taylor, nothing would suprise me. I also was stateing that on the up side, at least Jalen has talent. If you are going to over pay for someone, why not someone who will at least put up some numbers and plays some D. I know that you are going to say Malik plays D but we could have done with out him on this team. So, my suggestions for players were solely based on moves that I projected Isiah would make.
My list of players that I want that I also considred realistic options, would be a little different and some of the same names.
1) I would go after Z... I am not a huge Fan but I would go after him and see if I could sign him to a 3 year.
2) Paul Pierce- Again, I feel Boston is ready to part ways with him, he does have a high contract and that's a major reason why Boston will entertain offers. I can live with his contract if we loose TT and PH in the process. I think we would have to use crawford to get him so I can live with his "ball hogging". Also he plays D and can take over a game. He had a bad rep for not getting along with a some team mates, but I think a change in venue will snap him back into the right direction and frame of mind.
3) Kwame Brown- This is where you and I disagree. I would play him at the 4. He played his first year at the 4 with GM and the 5 and I feel he would excel if put back to the 4.
4) I would draft Antoine Wright 8th since I feel we would have to use crawford to get pierce. He would be a young energetic player off the bench.
5) I was thinking about your Raja Bell suggestion and I have to agree with you. If we could get him for the LL or ML I think he is worth it. He could spot at the 2 and 3.
6) A backup 1 but not DS like Isiah is hinting. I would try to see who is around at 30 (as you can see my trend in the draft is for guards not big men).

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Ok, fair enuff. I'll counter.

Players Zeke WILL NOT TRADE: Marbury, Craw, Ariza, Sweets

Players Zeke WON'T BE ABLE TO TRADE:Houston

Players Zeke CAN TRADE BUT SHOULDN'T:JYD, Timmy

Player Zeke CAN TRADE AND MIGHT:Rose, Taylor, Penny, 8th Pick

Players Zeke WILL TRADE W/O A DOUBT:Kurt

Ok, so that basically leaves us /w/ JYD, Timmy, Rose, Taylor, Penny, the 8th Pick, and Kurt as possible Trade Bait.

Knowing Zeke, I think he'll keep JYD b/c of the tenacity he brings on the floor. I think he'll keep Timmy atleast until the Trading Deadline. I doubt he would keep BOTH Taylor and Rose, so he'll probly shop both, most likely Taylor b/c he's new and has a smaller contract. Penny will be shopped, but ONLY teams /w/ serious cap issues will be willing to deal for him (Dallas, Minny, Philly). The 8th Pick can be used to get us another star player, but I don't know who Zeke is eyeing just yet. Kurt, w/o question, will be gone in 2 or 3 months.

Personally, combining what Zeke MIGHT do /w/ what I WOULD do, I'd look to deal Taylor, Kurt, Penny, and the 8th Pick this offseason.Toward the Trading Deadline, I'd listen to offers for Timmy and maybe Sweets(depending on how poorly he plays next season).

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
hometheaterguy said:
bobs3304 said:
Miller 6-9???

Um, try 6-6/6-7 dude. You really like just throwin numbers n facts around don't you. Just forget about getting Miles. He's a f****n headache, a lost talent, and he doesnt even provide outside shooting.

The last thing the Knicks need is another shooter! Like I said in the other posts, I wouldn't try to get anyone at this point; I would just keep dumping salary and try to enter the Labron sweepstakes.

Just forget about Lebron, he'll be extended before we even get a chance. He's from the Cle and loves it there. Theyre doing everything they can to keep him, and he appreciates it.

Forget about Big Z. He's a good Center but he's not Knick caliber.
Pierce is Knick caliber, but unfortunately, I doubt he's available. My bad for thinkin he was, I was gettina hardon thinkin Zeke could deal for him, but it won't happen.
Miles would be a nice pickup, but he can't shoot and WE NEED SHOOTING BADLY. ALONG WITH DEFENSE. Why you think Zeke was interested in Wally World? B/c Houston is crippled and we have no accurate 3-point shooters on this team.
If I was Zeke, I would kidnap Pierce and get a Knicks uniform on him as fast as possible. I'd give up anyone but Ariza to get him.

The truth is, we need to get a guy in NY, a guy we can just inject into this lineup, into this fuckin city, to change everything. We need the ghost of Spree back. We need that nastiness back. We need Camby's clone. We need a coach who leads us into battle in the playoffs. We need smart players, we need troublemakers on the court, not off of it. Artest is too much a gamble anyway, but he wont be available. Miles is too much a gamble and HE CANT SHOOT. I really think Pierce is the way to go, but it's really sad caz he's not gonna be available and I can't think of anyone else that could get this city back up on its feet. I guess I'll just watch the 99 vid and keep the memory alive.

Peace