Trade Reported: KT for Q Richardson

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds pretty incredible, but the trade was reported at realgm.com

Quentin Richardson will be dealt to the Knicks in exchange for Kurt Thomas and a conditional number one draft choice. This deal is pending league approval and should be announced following Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday.
www.realgm.com

still waiting an official confirmation, this is still very surprising for me...

6thman

Benchwarmer
oohh that would be HUGE! Q is a really nice player!!
Plus, i understood ( if that's right) that with the new NBA agreement we could waive Houston's contract if he's not healthy for next year...

Nice step forward in rebuildinf the team if it's true...
just waiting

portega1968

El Cacique
deal should read Q and Brandy for KT and a pick...deal sounds nice except for the fact that we're letting go our only defensive-minded starter...the fact that it hasn't been reported by other outlets makes me think the rumor is bogus...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Well since the end of the season I knew Isiah was going to trade at least one out of the four power fowards we got in the roster. If Quentin Richardson comes to the team I believe that Tim getting traded. I don't see Crawford or Marbury coming of the bench, quentin could take the SF spot and work the three point shot for us. I don't think Ariza would get traded because he has alot of potential for the money that he is getting paid. Now by trading Kurt I feel that the Knicks are getting screwed in this deal defensively, who da hell is stepping up to take the charges is what I would like to know. Sweetney is getting nicer and nicer offensively, but I do not see it defensively whatsoever. Rose kinda turned into a hot head toward the end of the season, so I wonder if he can start at that position and play enough minutes without fouling out. Mo is awesome offensively, but with all that height and wingspan where is the shot blocking??

Anyways hopefully we can get Frye in the draft to help out with some height or trade for a good center in the offseason......lets see what happens

rick700

Rookie
If this is true, then Isaih has once again found a way to get younger and more talented without being able to sign anyone. marbury, crawford and richardson is a talented young nucleus. richardson would be a great compliment to marbury (drive and dish for the 3). I am extremely excited at the prospect of this trade. I know the critics will say that thomas was our only defender and best rebounder. However, he is old and he does not get along with marbury. Plus we have too many power forwards. Now all we need is a center. Frye is not the answer. This guy is soft and is not a tough defender or an intimidator. We need dalembert, ratliff, swift or someone along those lines. If we have to give up a #1 to get it so be it. Theyre 8th pick is only going to produce a quality sixth man. Anyone with any real potential is going top 5. I am just worried that this rumor is bull. Last year realgm reported that dampier was a knick only to be deeply disappointed.

We should trade KT and TT for sure but I'm not 100% sure about Q. We really need balanced players that can hit the outside shot consistently ala Billips and Hamilton. I see Q as streaky ala crawford. It would better our team though so I wouldnt be against it.

Trading KT is smart but QT is another bad shooting guy so its not a great move and then giving up a #1 draft choice also really bothers me. You notice Phoenix always dumps their bad contracts on us?

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Per the ESPN article from this morning it seems the trade is Quentin Richardson and a first round pick for Kurt Thomas. I had it the other way around, I thought the Knicks would be the ones giving up a pick. But now that I see that we are the ones gaining one, makes this deal even sweeter.
Plus Kurt is getting older, maybe going with the younger more athletic guys is the way to go.
Don't get me wrong, Kurt IS my favorite Knicks because of his heart in playing Defense but He does not get to the line or take it strong to the rim, just jumper is money but by getting the opposite teams big guys in foul trouble greatly improves our chances in winning games.

If we get a #1 pick and we can trade Jcraw then this move becomes great. I dont like the thoght of marbury, jcraw and q together at the same time. way too weak defensively and from outside.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
You got a point on the defense there but I don't see Crawford or Marbury going anywhere, especially Crawford. If the right trade comes along I believe Isiah might pull the trigger on a Marbury trade, but we would have to be getting another star back.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
big news....rose would prolly have to step up as center, unless we get one for tim. i like q over tim...healthier, no problems mentally. he has a post game that got lost in phx and can obviously hit the 3. i figure hed like the attention in NYC and if he can step up that would be great. depending on our roster situation he and crawford could split the 2 or play 2 and 3. true its a defensive liability but if were scoring it may not matter so much.

It does matter if we dont want to be another dallas or suns. defense and balance wins in the playoffs. We need to get better defenders. Jcraw is my fave player but we are so horrible defensively. sweets and tt are both bad defensively as well. Isiah really needs to look to deal jcraw, tt and sweets for legit players who can defend

hoop115

Benchwarmer
which is it...do the knicks get a 1st rounder or the Suns get a 1st rounder? the headline on ESPN reads the Suns get the 1st rounder but the article states that the Knicks get it. RealGM is reporting that the Suns get it.

pyotrveliky said:
dallas and phx made the playoffs. we didnt. case closed

Is that your long term goal? To only make the playoffs? we did that last year. I'd rather build a structurally sound team so we win some championships before I die.

marbury, jcraw, q, and sweets are all horrible defenders. If you keep marbury and q you have to get 3 legit front court people that can defend

The Nets played real defense in their 2-3 year run. If you have no hopes for a championship and just wnat to make the playoffs than by all means keep adding 1 dimensional offensive only players. reminds me of the Knicks in the 1970's when we had Mcaddoo and Spencer Haywood.