Trade Rumor: Nesterovic/T. Parker for Marbury

ny3nyk

Rotation player
its a shame miami lost too it seemed like detroit hired somebdy to beat the hell out of the team because they were devestated by all those injuries

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
If Isiah is true to his word, and Steph is on the block, I would call Boston and see if they would do a sign and trade for steph. I think Marbury would fit Boston's future plans and I know Isiah is high on Walker. He is a 3/4 or 4/3 depending which camp you are in; He would be a nice addition to NY. With Walker in the lineup, he could be good on a team with out a true point guard. He is a great ball handler and has good court vision. We could start Crawford at the 1 and basically have a back court with 2 shooting guards and run the offense through walker. I have a feeling Jerome James will sign with the knicks and Kwame will be here in a sign and trade that will send Sweetney to Washington. With Frye playing the 5/4 and Ariza off the bench as well, this would be a very good team. They could run, JJ is used to running with Seatle or they could play a half court game, if needed and with Junkyard Dog and the other PF's that we will have, we would have a stock pile for when we bang with Detroit or Miami. If toronto waves Rose, I would see if we could sign him for the minimum. He is a versitle player that can play 1-3, so he would be a nice addition as well and would really sure up the bench. Thoughts???

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Question for you:

San Antonio just won the Championship. Since when do you break up your big 3 after you've just gone all the way???

Oh......and Isiah would never do that anyway. He loves Steph too much.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
I would have to say Isiah will never trade Steph last year he even said Steph was untouchable so enough of this trading bs rumors

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NYK Way said:
I would have to say Isiah will never trade Steph last year he even said Steph was untouchable so enough of this trading bs rumors

I would have agreed with you if this was last season, but I think Isiah is starting to see the writing on the wall. This team, the way it is structured now, will not do much. I've read and listened to a bunch of interviews with Isiah and he seems to be singing a different song these days. I trully believe that no one is untouchable unless it is in the players contract. Isiah would be foolish to not to try to strike a reasonable deal for Steph. He is not Duncan or Shaq, those guys are untouchable. He is a point guard that only excels in 1 type of game. He needs to be on a team that will feature him. There isn't a team in the history of the NBA that has won on the back of a point guard. Stockton needed Malone, Magic had Jaabar and Worthy. Even Jordan, who was a 2 guard, couldn't win until Pipen, Cartwright and Paxon came along. If isiah is presented with a reasonable deal that will improve the team, he will trade him. As sure as the sun rises in the morning he will ship Steph out!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
bobs3304 said:
Question for you:

San Antonio just won the Championship. Since when do you break up your big 3 after you've just gone all the way???

Oh......and Isiah would never do that anyway. He loves Steph too much.

I think you are right about SA, why would they breakup the core of that team when they have been so successful for so many years with them. They would look to add a piece, not do a major change. I disagree with you about Steph. I'm not saying he won't be a Knick come the new season; just that Isiah will trade him if he gets a reasonable deal that will improve this team. Remember, we still have crawford, and even though he is reluctant about playing the 1, we still could run an affective offense without a true point guard. Isiah has been mentioning Walkers names in various interviews and has been high on him since last year. Remember, he tried to get him last season but was unable to put a package together to grab him from Atlanta. I think he is going to make a move for him, if he is unable to sign him outright, I think he will try his best to talk Boston into a sign and trade. Boston is looking for a veteran point guard and I think they might entertain an offer. Not saying it will be done, but I assure you that it will be considered. Steph is at the latter half of his prime. If a team was going to take a chance on him, it would be now.

portega1968

El Cacique
True, Isiah did say last year that Stephon was theonly untouchable...but its also true that he was asked after the season if he was still untouchable...his answer? no one's untouchable on this team, he said he would trade his own mother if that meant the team would improve...so yes my friends, he IS thinking of trading stephon...but we can do much better than walker with boston

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
No, he's not thinking of trading Steph. He's OPEN to it. Right now, he's thinking of exactly what he said he was -- adding another big man. Look for Isiah to dump Sweetney and maybe JYD in the process (to open up the roster).

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
portega1968 said:
True, Isiah did say last year that Stephon was theonly untouchable...but its also true that he was asked after the season if he was still untouchable...his answer? no one's untouchable on this team, he said he would trade his own mother if that meant the team would improve...so yes my friends, he IS thinking of trading stephon...but we can do much better than walker with boston

You know, Marbury is tough to value up. His numbers puts him as a top point guard in the NBA.
From NBA.com:
Along with Oscar Robertson, is the only player in NBA history with career averages of 20 points (20.5) and 8.0 assists (8.2) and Robertson had 25.7 ppg, 9.5 apg
These are impresive stats but yet teams that have had him do not win. His game doesn't raise the level of his team mates, ala Stockton or J Kidd. He was on a team with KG and you think this would have been the fearsome twosome but they didn't mesh. Both NJ and Pheonix prospered the following year after they traded him. Is it because these teams ran a system that didn't allow Steph's game to mature or is it Steph's game that didn't allow the teams system to mature? I don't know if getting Walker in a sign and trade from Boston is equal value if you look at the trade on paper in black and white. But, my question is, would the Knicks be a better team without Steph and with Walker? Also, this isn't a proposed deal that is public knowledge but more of guessing on my part from listening to interviews with Isiah about players that he is the most interested in and trying to figure out, if Boston was to entertain a sign and trade with the Knicks, who they would want. They might not be interested in Marbury at all but might want different players of someone like Tim T who has an expiring contract, and probably 1 or 2 of our future number 1 draft picks. Maybe Boston doesn't deal with their division rivals. Who knows, but I believe that Isiah is looking for a suiter and will trade Steph if he can get back players to help this team. You know, I've stated in other posts that I like Pierce and would love for him to be a Knick. Boston wants to get rid of him. This is public knowledge now and I hope Isiah looks at that as well. Walker or Pierce could help this team move up to the next level. If we could get Pierce than Isiah could look into trading Crawford; probably an easier task.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Boston would never deal Pierce to the Atlantic. Walker is not the answer at the 4, although I think he would bring certain intangibles like heart and hustle and big shots. Only weakness I see is him not being defensively aggressive.

Marbury will be staying. If he ever does get dealt, it will be next summer if Isiah realizes that he isn't carrying us over the hump.

I wouldn't complain if we got Walker, but I'm not sure there's really any one we can offer to Boston in a S & T (maybe Sweetney and JYD for resigned Walker). If that is, in fact, a possibility, I'd easily follow up with signing James to the MLE. And the reason I like that scenario is b/c Walker can spot at the 3, assuming Timmy is as good as gone. If Isiah chooses to keep Timmy, however, you go strictly big this summer, and by that I mean 6-11 and over...

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
No no no!

We already have an undersized 3 in Quentin (whom I love). We don't need an undersized 4 in Walker. Unless they're going to trade Crawford (whom I also love) and swith Walker to the 3, I am against it down-right!

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
NYK Way said:
Walker's not an undersized PF hes like 6'10. Hes a 20 10 guy I would take Walker.

Walker's about 6-8, he's a SF/PF, and he's not a 20-10 guy anymore. Unless we find a way to get rid of Timmy, Sweetney, AND another PF, Walker's a big no no.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
The knicks are trying to get younger and better

antoine walker is washed up imo....he is a ball hog he catches and shoots and is straight trash

plus hes old..... the knicks would hopefully end there pursuit for him...

i said this before the only person i would like to come to ny for marbury is
kenyon martin......

or unless we can get j-will from the grizz cuz hes on the block
and since they want stromile swift they could do like

marbury mo taylor
swift, j-will and maybe a 2nd round pick

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Kenyon Martin would do great in NYC, but J-Dub???

Ummm, I def. don't get your thinking there.

I was thinking about kenyon last week, but I don't think A.) Denver will even entertain offers and B.) We have the pieces to get him. They'd trade Nene first before they thought about moving K-Mart.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Don't really think that this trade makes sense for either team. Marbury is an egotistical p.o.s. and I doubt that the character conscience Spurs want him and the potential headaches. They just won a championship and there's no reason to suspect that Parker won't continue to improve.
Rasho is garbage and Parker is a solid point guard but he's a true point who needs players to create for. In case you haven't noticed the Knicks have two shooting guards who can't shoot, a 6-8 big boned center, and a lanky rookie 4/5.
I'd like to see the Knicks move Marbury, but only for some value and the last thing they need is Rasho's contract. Zeke is said to be shopping Marbury to every team in the league, so there should be a lot of rumors still to come. If we didn't already have Q and Jamal I'd be all for getting Al Harrington and maybe Josh Childress.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
KnicksFan20 said:
The knicks are trying to get younger and better

antoine walker is washed up imo....he is a ball hog he catches and shoots and is straight trash

plus hes old..... the knicks would hopefully end there pursuit for him...

i said this before the only person i would like to come to ny for marbury is
kenyon martin......

or unless we can get j-will from the grizz cuz hes on the block
and since they want stromile swift they could do like

marbury mo taylor
swift, j-will and maybe a 2nd round pick[/quote

I think Walker proved last season that he is not washed up, he revitalized Boston. Walker is 6'9" and he is 245 pounds. His game puts him at the 3 in my mind and Dallas had him play the 3 as well but he didn't mesh with their system because he needs to handle the ball. You guys call him a ball hog, he is a point forward. If you have Walker you need to run your offense through him. In fact, his game is exactly like Marbury's, that's why they would go good together. If I was at the reigns and could pull off a deal that would send Steph to Boston for Walker, I would make it in a heart beat. If you are going to have a player that controls the pace of the game and is going to quaterback your team, Marbury is not the answer! A guy like walker could lift this team with his skills. We have QR and JC who will jack up 50 3 pointers between them sitting on the 3 point line all game. Walker can drive and dish as good as Marbury but he has something Steph doesn't... Size... He can rebound better and he can demand a double team. That alone is worth it. Walker is one of those players that need a system to fit his game, like Steph. But you don't want a system revolving around a 6'1" point guard that doesn't lift the players around him. Marbury is a more inconsistent shooter than Walker and no one seems to mind that?? Also, our choices are limited. We can’t sign Swift so he isn’t coming here end of story. We might be able to pull off a trade with Washington for Kwame but that isn’t enough, we need a proven player at the forward spot(s). Walker is as washed up as Marbury is! This team will not win with Stephon and that’s it. We could keep him and try year after year to see if it works out, but why. If we can make substantial moves now, then do it. Marburys value will go down every year so strike while the iron is hot. He is probably valued at the most he will be now.