Trade Rumor: Nesterovic/T. Parker for Marbury

Knick

Rookie
Just heard this on the radio yesterday afternoon (keep in mind that I'm in So Cal though) - Spurs have talked with New York about trading Rasho Nesterovic and Tony Parker for Stephon Marbury.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i doubt the knicks would go through witht that... nesterovic sucks nazr is much better maybe if they threw him in id think about it twice still not probably...and marbury is alot better then parker, did u watch how badly he choked in the finals

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i think Nazr Parker for Mabury would be sweet.. i love Nazr and Parker is a great point guard, but i dont think isiah is ever going to consider trading marbury, unless its for Shaq/Wade. :)

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
nazr isnt in the trade, theyre keeping him cuz we made a stupid trade last year and theyre trying to get rid of their junky backup center. no way id do this

id do the rasho nd parker for marbs ina microsecond he is younger signed thru forever i will do it has playoffs xpericance 2 rings for him knicks need a fast pace game and channing frye will b his duncan nd q-rich will b his ginobili

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
marbury/mo taylor

for

parker/nesterovich/mahinmi/udrih/2006 1st rd and 2nd rd pick

i would consider something like that...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
oh and with the new "allan houston" clause of the CBA, the spurs might just wave rasho because his contract is 4 yrs and $30 mil. we could sign him as a FA is this happens

Luxury tax casualties?
Player, Team Salary Avg./Years Remaining Approx. Money Saved
Raef LaFrentz, Boston $11.3 million/4 years $45 million
With Mark Blount set in the middle and youngsters Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins developing rapidly, LaFrentz appears to be expendable.
Carlos Boozer, Utah $11.8 million/5 years $59 million
Despite his disappointing first season in Utah, it would be a huge shock if he doesn't stay put.
Rasho Nesterovic, San Antonio $7.5 million/4 years $30 million
The world champs have an interesting decision to make. But given that he fell out of the rotation in the playoffs, he might be worth cutting loose.
Jalen Rose, Toronto $16.2 million/2 years $32 million
Both parties were unhappy last year and the Raptors look to be in rebuilding mode; the two sides might finally trim ties.
Theo Ratliff, Portland $11.5 million/4 years $46 million
Joel Przybilla has taken his job, anyway.
Doug Christie, Orlando $8.2 million/1 year $8 million
It would appear departed GM John Weisbrod will have traded Cuttino Mobley away for nothing.
Eddie Jones, Miami $15.2 million/2 years $30 million
Considering the Heat are chasing a championship and his defense is still superb, Jones should be safe.
Jason Williams, Memphis $8.2 million/3 years $25 million
The Grizzlies were said to be fed up with his antics, but who is going to run the show if they cut him?
James Posey, Memphis $6.1 million/2 years $12 million
Injuries are a concern, but given Jason Williams' presence and the flashes of brilliance he demonstrated two years ago, he'll likely be kept.
Chris Webber, Philadelphia $20.7 million/3 years $62 million
If he's going anywhere, this is obviously the time to do it. He'll never be the same C-Webb, but he is still an upper-echelon power forward. The Sixers face quite a dilemma.
Jamal Mashburn, Philadelphia $10.5 million/2 years $21 million
Either he or Chris Webber will be looking for a new home, provided he's interested in making a comeback.
Wally Szczerbiak, Minnesota $11.5 million/4 years $46 million
There's no rumbling that he'll be sent packing, although he is making a pretty penny.
Michael Finley, Dallas $17.3 million/3 years $52 million
Teams are already jockeying for position to push for his services. Though he'll likely have his number retired by Dallas in the future, his days there are done.
Allan Houston, New York $19.9 million/2 years $40 million
His earning potential is limited, so unless he really wants to play and feels he can regain a good part of his previous form, he may retire when the Knicks let him go.
Brian Grant, L.A. Lakers $15 million/2 years $30 million
Phil Jackson mentioned him as a player who could make the triangle work, but given his history of injury and at such a high price, L.A. will make due without him.
Ruben Patterson, Portland $6.6 million/2 years $13 million
He no longer wants to play for a team in rebuilding mode, so if he is sent off, this could be blessing for both parties.

CBS Sportsline

KNICKSCALI

Benchwarmer
knicks would be dumb if they did this... parker is only better because he has all-stars around him... and nesterovich isn't that great... if this was to happen ( i hope not ) we'd have to get alot more out of it

I know the Spurs very well. I live in SA.

1) The Spurs do not want or take players like Marbury

2) Peter Holt will never waive any player and pay him 20-30 million dollars to play elsewhere. Peter Holt squeezes dollars very tight. Thats why he rarely has his draft picks play on the team. They usually start over seas that way they get experience and he doesnt have to pay them. They gave away Barboso just so they wouldnt have to pay him

Trin_Starr

Starter
Parker is garbage.
Tim Duncan makes everyone on his team look good.

When Marbury played with Phx and met San Antonio in the playoffs in 2003, he took parker to school, the same way Billups dominated him in this year's playoffs.

The only thing good about bringing him to the Garden, would be getting to see Eva Longoria upclose!

portega1968

El Cacique
That Rasho/Parker for Marbury trade rumor sounds bogus... Finley's Chicago roots and Jalen's/C-Webb's Detroit backgrounds make me think they may be grabbed by Isiah if they are waived before he uses the MLE...Wouldn't surprise me to see Isiah hold on to the MLE until one of these guys are waived, unless Jerome James goes for it first...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think Parker showed in the Finals that his game is limited. He is fast, but not a great shooter, streaky at best, and he did a horrible job setting up his teammates! He has turned into a 1 dimensional player. It’s a shame; 2 years ago he was the toast of the NBA as an underrated PG that was a steal for SA. Rasho is just a waste of time and cap space!! I think Isiah is going to be smart (I can’t believe I just said that) and wait to see who is dropped with the new CBA and grab a vet. The only salary I would bring in is a somewhat proven big man. As far as him grabbing Finely, it would only make sense if he was trading Crawford of QR. To have 4 guards (grant it, Finely plays D) would be insane, we would be the smallest team in the NBA! I am a fan of MF and would love for him to be a Knick. If he was willing to come to NY, I would call Detroit and see if they would take Crawford for Prince.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
sorry to rain on your parade but I doubt Detroit would ever let go of Prince, especially not for Crawford if they already have Hamilton. Prince wasn't their go-to guy but he definately is their XFactor. I would love to see Finley in a Knick uniform. I don't understand why the Mavs have given up on him. It was only last season that he was considered part of their big three. I know they have some young bucs waiting in the fold (Howard & Daniels) but he can definately still contribute alot to any team.

portega1968

El Cacique
NYTimes reporting Stephon is on the trading block...I love Stephon's skills, but sadly they don't include defense, fast breaks and team chemistry...If we're gonna trade him, it has to be for a keeper (Rasho/Parker not good enough)...Rady, can we get a topic on who would you trade for Marbury?(feasible possibilities only)...would a 3way with Seattle and the Lakers, with Kobe and Ridnour to NY, Steph and Jamal to the Sonics and Ray Allen to Lakers work? Maybe Curry and Pierce in another 3way?

Mousquetaire2

Benchwarmer
Tony is a good player! 18 pts in the first two round and more than 20 against Steve Nash' Suns. Ok, he was only 14 in the Finals, but he was very regular, scoring at least 10 points in all playoff games except the last one. His stats went down in the finals, but all the spurs stats went down, the Spurs scored nearly 96 pts in the season and 85 in the finals. they played a lot more slowly! And coach Pop wanted the ball to go to Duncan and Ginobili. Tony couldn't play his game. He is still very young. he will improve. BUT this trade will never happen, SA will never do this trade!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
hoop115 said:
sorry to rain on your parade but I doubt Detroit would ever let go of Prince, especially not for Crawford if they already have Hamilton. Prince wasn't their go-to guy but he definately is their XFactor. I would love to see Finley in a Knick uniform. I don't understand why the Mavs have given up on him. It was only last season that he was considered part of their big three. I know they have some young bucs waiting in the fold (Howard & Daniels) but he can definately still contribute alot to any team.

You are probably right with Detroit but I still would make the call. If Brown leaves to go somewhere else and they get, say Saunders, they will want more offense and Hamilton is a very good player but not a threat at the 3 point line. In fact, Hamilton could play the 3 spot and has when Prince wasn't on the floor. To me, Hamilton is the X factor and Wallace (Ben) in the key. I think if they would have had a legit 3 point shooter, they could have beaten the spurs. Just remember, if you look at the History of the NBA finals the formula that seems to win most of the time, not all but most, is the inside outside game; teams that are either all D or all Offense usually loos to that formula. If Detroit was to get that outside threat, they would be the team in the NBA. Detroit wining against LA, to me, was more of an indictment to LA's poor play than Detroit's "superior play". LA was in turmoil, we saw it the second half of the season. If SA would have passed them, I think they would have beaten Detroit. Even look at the Bulls all those years, they had Paxon and eventually Kerr. How many games in the playoffs did they make an impact on??? Also, Detroit is 1 of only 2 teams that are any good in the east. Not much competition! If they don’t add that consistent outside shooter, my money is on Miami next year.