how bout ray allen in a sign and trade?

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
ny3nyk said:
all abt the money these days... if i played for the lakers and they offered me 50 mil and knicks offered me the minimum i would play for ny

ur so full of shit, and you know it.

if someone offered me 50 Mill. to play for the Bangcok international suck ballz team, I'd accept in a heartbeat. But I see what you're trying to say:

NY is like your wife, and you'd never cheat on her.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
I got a feeling Redd will choose Cleveland. He'll make more bonus money there, plus he has roots there, plus the average dollars are the same, PLUS he'll be winning there.

It's a no brainer. He doesnt strike me as the selfish type. One year shouldnt make him give up all the things he can gain as Lebron's sidekick.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Bucks got a decent team at Bogurt at Center TJ Ford PG Desmond Mason at SF(even tho he plays the 2) and Redd at 2

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
If I'm Redd, I go to Cleveland. Plain and simple. He'll be so frustrated in Milwaukee, and it'll have been only b/c of his "need" for that 6th guaranteed year.

please...

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
I would go to Cleveland also but they gotta get a decent PG also/ Jeff and Snow arent getting the job done

Ted

Benchwarmer
Redd is overrated. He's a lot like Houston. He can score and shoot it, but doesn't do much else and certainly isn't an All-NBA type at this point because he doesn't make players around him any better. The best player on a terrible team is rarely worth a max deal. In Cleveland he could have a nice career next to LeBron though.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Jeff has been cut, and if they're able to get Redd, Snow will be fine if they can't sign Antonio Daniels or someone else. A backup PG will be far easier to find.

And remember: if Cleveland can't sign Redd, Hughes, or JJ for some reason, we might be able to reach a Marbury deal /w/ them...

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Ted said:
Redd is overrated. He's a lot like Houston. He can score and shoot it, but doesn't do much else and certainly isn't an All-NBA type at this point because he doesn't make players around him any better. The best player on a terrible team is rarely worth a max deal. In Cleveland he could have a nice career next to LeBron though.

and if history has taught us anything, guys like Houston and Redd get SUPER MAXED OUT contracts.

:hump:

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Does Kobe make players around him better? Does KG make players around him better? Why do you believe every team has to get someone that makes players better. Players should work their ass of in practice and get better.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Difference b/w Kobe and Marbury is defense and size.

KG DOES make his teammates better. He gets doubleteamed and just that gives his teammates opportunites they normally wouldnt get.

Marbury is a SG in a PG's body. And the problem is, he's no Isiah...

Ted

Benchwarmer
NYK Way said:
Does Kobe make players around him better? Does KG make players around him better? Why do you believe every team has to get someone that makes players better. Players should work their ass of in practice and get better.

All great players make players around them better. I don't mean they make them work harder in practice, I mean they allow them to do what they do best on the court and excel because the defense is focused on the star and he can get the ball to his teammates in a position to score. Shaq, KG, Tim Duncan, Kobe, LeBron, Paul Pierce those are players who make the players around them better. DWade is great on his own but he'll tell anyone who's willing to listen that he's a lot better cause he plays with Shaq. Parker and Ginobili are solid starters but not stars contending for a title if the lotto balls bounce a little different and you replace TD with Keith Van Horn. Someone like Allan Houston or Zach Randolph can score and got a max deal but he doesn't make players around him better.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Kobe doesnt make his teammates better. He COULD, but he doesnt. He's unstoppable on his own, but that has nothing to do with the TEAM. The rest of that list is accurate.

The problem is that Isiah will really hear from the fans, b/c Marbury is a huge fan-favorite and some uneducated fans will think that Marbury should be untouchable. But Steph, once again, is the right player for wrong position. He's a 2 guard at heart, but an undersized one at that. He's been basically forced to play the point b/c of his size, and b/c of his vast abilities, has been expected to do great things. B/c of those abilities, he always has and always will put up great numbers. But it's not completely his fault that the teams he's always played for have lost. It's the GM's fault. It's the owner's fault. And to a degree, it IS Steph's fault, for having all the talent in the world, and refusing to mold those talents to the position he inevitably has to play...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
bobs3304 said:
ny3nyk said:
all abt the money these days... if i played for the lakers and they offered me 50 mil and knicks offered me the minimum i would play for ny

ur so full of s**t, and you know it.

if someone offered me 50 Mill. to play for the Bangcok international suck ballz team, I'd accept in a heartbeat. But I see what you're trying to say:

NY is like your wife, and you'd never cheat on her.

haha bangkok, they even have bball there?