PTI Discuss Knicks/Marbury...8.4.05

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
On July 4th JA Adande and Josh Eliott filled in for PTI, and discussed the fact that Isiah has been openely talking about trading Marbury.. Adande seemed to know what he was talking about, he knew contracts, and said that the knicks could get something good for him, also mentioned Craw could play point, and Qrich the 2guard.. Eliott said hes never won a playoff series, and said that no team would be willing to trade for him... Later Adande said that he believs Larry Brown will end up in New York next season, if Detroit doesnt agree terms within the next month or so...

Personally this was the first i heard Isiah is talking about trading marbury... is this smart? what can we get for him?

look what happened when teams trade marbs suns best in nba record the nets went to finals 2 str8 yrs the timberwolves started winning 50 game season lol at the pace hes goin if we would trade him we would win a cvhamponship if we trade him we must get picks we must get an all star and we must get a young winner

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Yea and the bulls god rid of crawford and look were they ended up

trading marbury may be a stupid idea........if they can get someone like kenyon marting that would be great

also j-williams is on teh block for the grizz maybe we can package him to come here.....he is overlooked and underated....he can score, pass, and is a great defender..... he may not be as good a penetrator but he has alot to offer and for pretty cheap i believe

but unless we can get a dominate bigman i dont like it

k-mart dissed knicks in ny nj playoffs nd tiny tims infamous fugazy statement rofl and thomas said he would box with him or something lol i dont think it would work id do a marbs for jay-will and stro s&t but i want picks knicks would give maybe the 1.1 mill ecpetion and with the 5.1 mill get a decent 6th man

ny3nyk

Rotation player
na i think marbury deserves a spot on the knicks hes from ny and the knicks is where he belongs. cmon stephon put up solid numbers this year and with the right supporting cast im sure steph can step his game up next year. but the nba is a business but id still hate marbury to go

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Ok, Knicksfan20 is super-jocking K-Mart and J-dub. I just came from another thread and this kid was saying the exact same thing.

And just to clarify: J-Dub is not underrated. He's a pretty below-average defender, and up until recently, was known as a chucker with no self-control.

Here's the other thing - Marbury is the heart and soul of the Knicks. You don't just trade a guy like that just b/c your team has been suckin ass lately. I still strongly belive we can keep Marbury, and still vastly improve this team...

Lastly, I'm on top of this stuff usually, and I haven't heard Isiah mention one word recently about trading Marbury. This is NY - typical media bullshit speculation b/c it's the offseason and there's nothing else to talk about. Name some legit sources, gimme quotes, and the pros and cons and maybe I'll be swayed. Until then, I'm assuming Zeke is gonna do exactly what he's said he'll do - get a big man that can run.

Edit: Also, to be fair, I think when Crawford runs the point, we have better chemistry out there, but Marbury is our best player and the heart of the team, so there are 2 ways to look at it. If Isiah is "talking" about trading Marbury, I think he means more like acknowleding that it's a possibility rather than engaging in open discussions with other teams about him...

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
We should trade TT and Sweets for a decent PF. I mean come on last year with out Marbury we probaly wouldnt have won 25 games.

b4 we had marbs we frank williams and we were winning cause he wanted to and he was defending and pass first pg marbs is a sg with handle thats it if we had williams we would have gon top the playoffs fosho

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
KNICKERBOCKER said:
b4 we had marbs we frank williams and we were winning cause he wanted to and he was defending and pass first pg marbs is a sg with handle thats it if we had williams we would have gon top the playoffs fosho

that's the stupides thing I've ever heard.

Next I'm gonna read that if we'd had Tyronne Lue we would've killed NJ last year...

for the games he started b4 marbury came he averaged 18 and 7 for like 6 str8 game and there was their winning streak he was injured the knicks lost 6 in the long run williams will be better than marbury and for one reason and one reason ONLY the team he will lead will win marnurys teams never won past the first round frank was physical not afraid of contact much better defender picked on kidd in the playoffs i hope isiah goes after him cause he will help this team much more than marbury cause look at walt chimberlain he scored 50 a season 100 in a game one of the best players ever but he only won one championship and that was with an allstar team he was selfish like marbury got his stats and didnt care now look at horry his stats wont blow you away but he has 6 rings!!! cause he wants to win and will sacrifice stats for wins like a real player should have

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Comparing Wilt to Marbury in any facet is beyond stupid.

Wilt's problem was that the teams he always went against were just far superior than his own.

Marbury has never touched the dominance that Wilt reached every single night. But it's fair to say that both players were always expected, and wrongly so, to carry the bulk of the team on their back when realistically you need a TEAM.

When Wilt finally had a suitable supporting cast, he won. Simple as that. Marbury needs a proper supporting cast. End of story...

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
When Marbury was in Phoneix he had no QR(now he does) he had no healthy Amare Stodemire. How do you expect to win if your the only offense on the team

ny3nyk

Rotation player
KNICKERBOCKER said:

what makes u think marbury doesnt want to win? marbury is a point guard, cmon he passes phenominally and avgs 8 assists. i know stats arent everything but without marbury the knicks are dead, the fans are dead, the garden is dead. frank williams was battling injuries too. i would take starbury over williams any day

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Im not on k-mart's jock or j-wills.......

im saying.....we need a dominate pf and kmart is a strong scoring shotblocking Pf....(plus im sure the nuggets would want a better pg)

and i mentioned jwill cuz hes on the block and the knicks are interested in swift.....so if they were to get rid of stephon y not get the player you want plus a solid pg

I acually do like marbury and do not want him to leave.....but if he did i would expect somthing great in return.....

and j-wills defense is very good and that is what marbury lacks......

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't give up marbury for Williams. He trys to be to flashy and it costs him all the time and Marbury passing and scoring is much better then Williams

portega1968

El Cacique
Bobs, I don't think you can say Steph is the heart and soul of the team...that title must go to the one who makes teammates better and earns their respect... I don't hate the guy: I would give anything to see him finally bury these rumors and make our team a champ... but you can't blame people who doubt him because after 9 years you can barely find any ex-teammate who will say anything positive about him... he's unstoppable one-on-one as his point-average says and excels at the pick and roll which accounts for the bulk of his assists, but beyond that what? he's never shown D and its obvious he prefers the halfcourt over the fast break. Do Garnett, Van Horn and Kurt Thomas seem like antisocials to you? I stopped believing in Steph when he got into it with Kurt because KT always had his teammates respect. I'm thinking Isiah has realized that Steph will never get respect from his teammates, will never be good defensively and will not be effective in a run and gun offense. Do you need another year of him proving this? His trade value will just keep dropping. Its unfair that a guy who works so hard and is so talented lacks the key ingredients to be a winner in this game. Its a hard truth that we must accept if we want to see this team improve.

tell me how much has marburys team won the most ever? btw chimberlain had a good team they went to finals couple times marbury had KG thats enough kg wins by himself all the time marbury has a nack to get into fights with his teamates and yes im comapraing wlt to marbury they were the best at what they were doing but came up with no results

and look at his former team mates after he left look kg turned into mvp the suns turned into 62 wins nets went to finals and the team he left was similar the year after amare turned into 15 and 10 kg turned into 24 13 5 and martin turned into 18 8 player after marbury left he shows off calling himself starbury yells at the coaches another why lenny left he was whining do this do that he had only 1 alley oop pass this year from him that was succecfull tt can jump ariza can jump he is juus a short sg with ball handle thats it he kept the 8 apg cause he went for stats wat potentional does he have now he should take over games make his team win with leadership he doesnt have that he doesnt care about them he only cares about marbury dont get me wrong hes an exciting player but so is josh smith snd look where he is stuck

portega1968

El Cacique
for the record, I would never prefer JWill or Frank Williams over Marbs...JWill has always been overrated... I also hate KMart's arrogance, he doesn't deserve to be a Knick after being such an Ahole in that NYNJ series... unlike Wilt, Stephon is the QB and therefore he is expected to carry the team on his shoulders, that's what he's paid for. It is a team game but every team requires a leader and, sadly, Stephon just isn't a good one although he plays his heart out.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Knickerbocker - ????

that's all I can come up with. you obviously are a 16 y/o from B-Town or something caz you show that you know only the Jordan Era to the present. Maybe you should do your homework.

Wilt is arguably the most dominant player in the history of the NBA. Marbury......is, well, the self-proclaimed greatest PG ever. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Both were/have been expected to carry the load for their respective teams. But here's where they differ so greatly that you should feel stupid -

Wilt played in an era where Boston would typically have 5 or more HOF's on one team. That never happens anymore. Wilt rarely had anyone close to his talent beside him, and he had to battle the Celtics in the playoffs pretty much by himself. As great as he was, the best TEAM always wins.

Marbury, on the other hand, plays in an era where you're extremely lucky if you have 1 future HOF, let alone an All-Star. The league is watered down to the point where Marbury can be far more effective at what he does on a given night. And Steph was a rookie when he and KG were together. KG was only in his second year. Hardly a menacing duo just yet.

Even more - Wilt wasn't exactly selfish. He was asked to be the focal point of the team. Steph was expected to as well, but he hasn't shown signs of being able to NOT be the center of the team's universe (so to speak).

I'm not advocating one guy over the other, but I'm just explaining the cirucmstances that make their situations similar in some ways, but not at all the same.

That said, Isiah won't move Steph b/c that wouldnt be his style. He brought Marbury in. As long as Marbury does what he does, Zeke will try to find the right pieces to fit in.

Seriously guy - comparing Steph to Wilt is like comparing Kirk Hinrich to Bob Cousy...