CHAD FORD...straight outta the horse's mouth.

Ted

Benchwarmer
I dont think I'v mentioned Swift once. Everything that you hear some announcer like Steven Smith say on the radio or tv is not always true. How many times did Chris Webber get traded to NY? How many times was Boozer traded last year?

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Lol....I would never pay for that Insider crap.

And I never said we shouldnt get Harrington. My point is that he's a good tweener Forward, but nothing special in today's game. So stop overjocking him. If he was so special, he would have made much more noise while in Atlanta.

Dalembert is a unique player. It's too bad we'll probably never get him...

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
KnicksFan20 said:
right now...isaiah's main focus is on stromile swift ......so chances are u will be seeing him in a knick uniform then n e one else

ted, learn to read more than just my posts. i know its hard, b/c my posts are just so mesmerizing, but you gotta show love to Knicksfan too dog.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Did he want someone older? Or did he want someone more developed? Andre played 32 a night when he should be a college junior. Dalembert is a great athlete, no doubt. But when I've seen him he has never looked like he had a feel for the game. There's a chance he will develop this feel and a chance he won't. Like I've said I don't think Philly wants Marbury's game or contract anyway.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
You might very well be right. I dont doubt that. But remember, a 3-way deal could always happen. But then it gets complicated, and begs to ask the question why wouldnt Philly just cut the crap and resign Dally themselves?

All of this is such bullshit. I wonder often if Isiah has ever really had a single vision, or if he just does what he do.

Ted

Benchwarmer
If you're point is that Al's a good player but not Michael Jordan than why the hell have you been arguing with me? That's what I said from the beginning. He was a solid piece on a very good team. Dalembert cannot claim to have done the same.
Dalembert is not so unique. If he was that unique he would not have fallen to 26 or whatever in the draft and would have developed into a half way decent player. That's my point he's no Deke. He would be a nice project, but he's been in the league several years and is still undeveloped.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
He's been in the league 2 years buddy. And plenty of players drop in the draft. That's not a valid point. Example - Arenas.

My point is that it's my opinion that Dally is a much better option than Kwame or Stro. But I'm not Isiah. And I'm also not Billy King. So until we hear some serious rumors regarding this, it's all speculation. But I'm all for trading Marbury in general, and I won't complain if we keep him. I just want wins, I want heart, I want hustle, I want attitude. Anything else is deserving of complete and utter demolition of this team...

Ted

Benchwarmer
I don't know if getting Swift for the MLE is such a stretch. Not sure, but I would assume it went up with the cap going up. Jerry West is a great GM, but he thinks that he's even better than he is. He'll have none of Zeke's garbage so unless we get a three way or maybe take on Jason Williams and/or James Posey I don't see it happening. He probably won't have any of anyone's garbage so Swift might have to settle for the MLE. West is so overconfident in his abilities though that if he sees something he likes in David Lee he might trade you Pau for him (joking). But he did take Bell and Jones in the first round. Swift also lost value after having a poor year when he couldn't get out of Memphis. He's as athleti as Dalembert although maybe two inhes smaller.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Harrington was like the 5th best on the team. Miller Jermaine Artest and Tinsley were better then Harington when he was on the Pacers.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Tinsley has always been inconsistent and is nothing more than a guy who brings the ball up the court at his best. I don't know that this is worth arguing because there was debate as to whether Tinsley was the best PG on the 03-04 team (with the great Anthony Johnson and the rotting Kenny Anderson as his comp) and Reggie was cleary over the hill and nothing more than a spot up shooter. Harrington had more had more MPG and PPG and people were talking about how him and Artest were the best pair of perimeter defenders in the league. Harrington is also a tweener in the positive sense: he can play both the 3 and 4 and even the 2 while some guys are called tweeners if they can't play any position. It's basically difference in the field in baseball between a career DH and a utility infielder. Tweener has this stigma attached to it because it's used to descrbe a guy like Kirk Haston who's just horrible. A more appropriate term for Harrington would be versitile.

portega1968

El Cacique
Bobby, I believe you're referring to a private message I sent you. It's like me opting to tell you one-on-one my opinion of you in lieu of not being able to tell you in your face. Of course, I could've followed your cowardly example and dissed you publicly, but I'll leave that to your arrogant self. My beef is you having to be so arrogant with me and others in a public forum. If you get your kicks from insulting people you don't know, I invite you to send me all the filthy private messages your ego desires, just refrain from being such a pendejo in public.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Yes, i get my kizicks from publicly shaming you.

mets suck, knicks suck, yankees suck, rangers suck.

just plazaying... :.)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
OT: bobs, i'm trying to be as patient as i can with you but you're pushing it real hard.
i did liked the fact that after all those insults between you and hometheatreguy you guys are getting along now, but PLEASE, try not to be so acid everytime somebody doesn't share your point of view. We have a set of rules that weren't followed all the time, but i will eventually follow the book

nyk35

Benchwarmer
Marbury hasnt had a full season with a half decent team since he has played for the knicks, except when he was first traded to new york when he had kvh and h20 and they were winning games.At least give him a chance because it looks like this seasons team will be good.And if we are still shit at the end of the season then maybe trading him is justified

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
For the last time - this goes beyond just Marbury being a great talent. You have to account for his age, his knees, his contract, and the cap.

When you look at all those factors, trading Marbury is forgiveable. And if we're keeping him, there better be another huge trade on the horizon, b/c by keeping him, we'll never get below the cap in the next 3 years, and neither will we get very far in the playoffs (unless there's an addition of a legit Big Man).

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
I mentioned this in another topic a way we an get dalembert

if we do the deal with atl. the sixers do need a sf.....they do not have one

there is a possiblity we can trade harrington for dalembert....

this way we get dalembert....we dump our contract....from teh other topic it says we get a pick and others....trade teh others keep the pick

atl happy
phi-happy
nyk-happy

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Dude...if I'm Philly, I'd much rather have Dalembert and rely on Korver to spot most of the minutes at SF. Plus they have Iggy and Co. to provide just enough to make it a non-issue. And they still have the MLE, so they can always pick up a cheap backup.

I'm assuming, btw, that you mean Marbury goes to ATL, and Dalembert along /w/ Collier and a pick to NY, with Harrington and NY pick going to Philly.

That seems fair and all, but I don't think it's realistic. Just like if I'm Philly I'd rather just keep Dally, if I'm Atlanta I'd rather push for a Curry/Harrington swap.

Solid idea though.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I would give up Marbury for the right big man, but let's face it, the guys that are available right now are a gamble. If we can get Kwame Brown without trading Marbury, I'd be happier. I'm not saying that if the right deal comes along not to trade him, but Dalembert isn't worth that risk. He has potential, as does Swift and Brown. But getting Kwame would be the wisest choice in my opinion, and also has been talked about by the media for Mike Sweetney. Jordan must have seen something in him that his coaches in Washington haven't been able to tap into as of yet.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
WiL8000 said:
I would give up Marbury for the right big man, but let's face it, the guys that are available right now are a gamble. If we can get Kwame Brown without trading Marbury, I'd be happier. I'm not saying that if the right deal comes along not to trade him, but Dalembert isn't worth that risk. He has potential, as does Swift and Brown. But getting Kwame would be the wisest choice in my opinion, and also has been talked about by the media for Mike Sweetney. Jordan must have seen something in him that his coaches in Washington haven't been able to tap into as of yet.

I agree 100%
Marbury is the Knicks only blue chip. You don't trade hime for potential or bodies. Unless the Knicks decide to tank it for a while, then you either keep Marbury or you get "as close" to equal value. When I heard the Atlanta rumour, I stated in the forum that I liked the trade if Diaw was attatched to it.
Marbury for Harrinton, Collier, Delk and Diaw... Would you agree that this is a good trade for the Knicks?