CHAD FORD...straight outta the horse's mouth.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Look past one year and at what he did on the Pacers. The reason to get him is not because he'll be a star but because he's a team player and defender and valuable in a trade. You don't have to take Mashburn's contract for one year or McKie and Ollie to get him.

I like Dalembert and the guy's an athletic freak sure, but so was Marcus Haislip and look how far it got him. Dalembert backed up Marc Jackson. He might develop into a starting center and he might not. And I don't think that the Sixers want Marbury anyway.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Q played on a team with three All-NBA players one of them the MVP and one of the offseason's hottest free agents as well. Why the hell was he rushing shots? He's a decent 3 point shooter but clearly lacks shot selection. Granted we'll have to see because that was his role in Pheonix. But I'm not sure I buy that he was still wide open a lot.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i wouldnt call harrington a "team player"

but he was the runner up for the 6th man award when he was on the pacers.....and he did afterall come off the bench for artest and o'neal whitch he had no chance of starting over them.....

but i think we should try the artest thing....i would chance that......he is also a new york born....and if i remember correctly kurt thomas had an anger issue and he kinda calmed down.....

anger issue or not.........i think he can hold himself from droppin n e fans this year.......and ill take a few technicals from him as long as he can play that serious D that he brings.....

so marbury for artest and maybe someone(i doubt it but always try for more maybe a pick or somthing)

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
He was about to lose the contest to Voshon but I think he made the last rack nad came back to win the contest

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
the point i tried to make is that he has bad selection and if someone went to approach him he would rush the shot to get it off.........

that was my point......and he can shoot just needs to have a better shot selectoin

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Some really inexprienced Knick fans over here.

Artest is untouchable AND far more valuable than Steph. Let's just leave it at that.

Harrington, for the last fuckin time, is nothing special. Grow up. Harrington + filler and a future unprotected 1st would sway me however...

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
if u were talking about me.....i never brought up the artest thing....

i said if it were to happen i would like it alot.........

and i highly doubt that he is untouchable.......the owner and coach are probably really pissed at him.....

o and if i remember correctly wasnt marbury a "untouchable" and looks wuts happining now..even tho he hasnt been dealt.......he's name is being tested around the league so there optioning him around.....

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Larry Bird has actually come out and said Artest won't be traded. End of story.

And no, I'm not providing a link. I'm TELLING you that he has said this.

Marbury is being shopped for a completely different reason. No one questions Artest's abilities or role on the team. It's his attitude and on the court mistakes. Marbury's problem has to with his position and role on the team.

Ted

Benchwarmer
bobs3304 said:
Some really inexprienced Knick fans over here.

Artest is untouchable AND far more valuable than Steph. Let's just leave it at that.

Harrington, for the last f****n time, is nothing special. Grow up. Harrington + filler and a future unprotected 1st would sway me however...

I don't know who you are to think that you're smarter than me. Harrington was the thrird best player on a title contender. Dalembert backs up Marc Jackson. Dalembert could be a solid pickup but is far from a sure thing impact player.
Harrington is not a star but chances are that neither is Dalembert.
If you get Boris Diaw as well then he is a shut down defender and a good passer.
Not a knock out move but as good as Dalembert.
If you want a good inside defender why not get Harrington and go after Tyson Chandler.

Ted

Benchwarmer
I dont think that Artest will be traded either and he is much better than Marbury, but just because Larry said he isn't trading him doesn't mean he won't.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Again, you're def. new to the dealings of a GM:

Chandler is all but locked up. He's staying in Chi.

Dalembert is FULL of potential. And he's a legit, running, athletic, defensive minded Center. Sure, Harrington is a nice player, but maybe you don't get it. His defense is average, his offense is above average. Nothing special. Get on with your life. Harringon along /w/ a future unprotected would sway me. That's the last time I'm saying that btw.

And yes, I AM overjocking Dalembert. Why? B/c we need size so badly it hurts.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Dalembert has potential and I like him, bt he's not Deke. He has very limited offense and while he's a good center he has never been more than a 20a night guy on an average team.
Chandler is a free agent he's at least worth giving a call and I'm sure that Zeke has called.
Who are you you're so privy to the dealings of a GM? Most of the GMs in the NBA can't even get it right but I guess you're the self nominated lord of the chat room.
If Atlanta were to be intersted in Steph, more likely than Philly, then they have a lot to offer, but would be foolish to give an unprotected first for him.

You're def. new to the dealings of a GM if you think that Steph is a hot commodity on the trade market.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
He isn't exactly "hot shit". Nowadays, there's a movement toward pure PG's.

Chandler will def. be resigned by Chicago. There's a slight chance Curry could be traded though. Stay away from him though, no defensive intensity.

And Dalembert, for the last time, got limited minutes b/c of Obrien's unwillingness to play the younger players. If we get Dally while he's still at value price, it could REALLY pan out. If he's not available, then Isiah will just have to look for other options. But Dallys could end up being something special. We wouldn't need him to score points. His defense and rebounding alone is worth a nice-sized contract, especially with his room to improve.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
dalembert could become special.......but i believe we can get him without dealing marbury.....

as u said.......his value of now is low because he din play much and he could be a steal for us...

not all great centers are offensive threats........we got 1-4 to do the scoring......

he could be a double double guy......just as long as he can hit free throws that important to me.....ive seen a few games with him

when they played knicks, and in the p/offs ......he plays with alot of energy witch is great.......he could be an amazing additon....but key word COULD so i wouldnt waste marbury on him......i belive we can get him withought sacrificing our star PG

Ted

Benchwarmer
Size is valuable but that doesnt mean you overpay for it. Ask the T-Wolves how the Kandi man's doing or the Spurs how Rasho looks on the bench.

Not that Sam's not a good prospect, but a lot of great prospects fall flat on their faces. If Frye can play the 5 i would rather see Al Harrington for Eddie Griffin than Marury for Dalembert. Dalembert is 24 and has yet to prove anything on the NBA level. And he played for a defensive minded coach on a team starved for size. I like him in a rotation at the 5, but you also need to address the point if you move Marbury for him.

I'm not saying trade Marbury to the Hawks just pointing it out as a solid move cap wise and also because Harrington has proved it at the NBA level: he was the third best on a contender that came close to going to the finals. Say whatever else you want, the guy isn't a great 3 point shooter. He is, however, a solid defender as anyone would tell you. Instantly the Knicks best on ball defender.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Sorry, but youre a moron. Not only would Harrington do NOTHING for us, but he's at the very best, an AVERAGE defender. I wonder if you've ever even watched him play. And he wasn't even the 5th best player on that Indy team. Tinsley, JO, Artest, Reggie, etc. Talk about nonsensical overjocking.

You don't trade Marbury for Harrington. You trade Marbury for cap space and a pick. Harrington simply gives us another piece for the future. But he's nothing special. He's not bad by any means, but he doesnt provide any need. Dalembert does.

And I'm not even sure we could get Dalembert for Marbury, let alone for anyone else. Philly seems pretty intent on resigning him. I'm just being hopeful...

Ted

Benchwarmer
If he didn't like to play young guys then why did Korver and A.I. II get 32 minutes a night compared to Dally's 25? Aren't they both younger? Intersting theory

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
right now...isaiah's main focus is on stromile swift ......so chances are u will be seeing him in a knick uniform then n e one else

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Ted, wtf are you talkin about? It's pretty common knowledge that Obrien didn't play Dalembert specifically b/c he would rather play someone older. Did you watch the coverage after the Mo Cheeks hiring?

And whether or not Stro is Isiah's MAIN focus doesn't matter. There's really no way for us to get him, unless he takes a hit and signs for the MLE. I just dont see that happening though.

There ARE options, but nothing that stands out just yet...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Dude, get your facts straight. I watched a ton of Indy and Harrington is a good player. Tinsley has been totally inconsistent on his career, but he's not better than Harrington. Reggie has been over the hill for a few years.
Harrington was the third best player on that team ask somebody.
This team needs a lot more than an athletic project of a backup center. I'll take him and would really like to see him in a Knicks uni, but he's not the next Deke. He's still a project at 24. He could be good but has yet to do it for a whole season. Harrington has done it for a whole season on a damn good team.
I never said that Harrington is the savior but he's a good piece to building a good team and I don't think Philly wants Marbury. You have to learn to discuss and not try and out type anyone who brings up a point that you don't see as right.
But if you think that you're the man cause you subscribed to ESPN Insider and know that the Bulls are re-upping Chandler then so be it.