CHAD FORD...straight outta the horse's mouth.

Ted

Benchwarmer
I've really been against trading Marbury recently, but I do like that deal if you're going to. Until recently my thinking was Marbury has to go no questions asked not that it would happen but this is a mess lets start over. Then I liked what Zeke has done so far this offseason and started hoping this would be a good year. It's also hard to ignore the reality that the Knicks are maybe more against rebuilding than any team in the NBA, so I guess I'm hoping this roster at least gets us in the playoffs while our young guys get better and we add more guys. I also think we need to settle on something soon so we're not constantly mediocre. So really I'm open to either, but like hometheaterguy I wouldn't give up Marbury unless we got something good. Maybe not as good talent wise, but as good team building wise. I don't think that Atlanta would do this:they have a great young group and I think that they have to move a wing or two but more for a young big than a veteran score first point with a huge long term deal.

But lets say Atlanta decided to do it, and I have indication that they're smart enough not to, I might do it. Especially if I can get something with Harrington, Q, or JC. I really like Diaw and if I watched more of him and was impressed I might rather him than Childress or at least value them equally. I'm not a big Childress guy and couldn't believe they took him over my man Lu Deng or Ande Ig, but he might give you good value if yoyu trade him.

The only reason I was such an ass in arguing with Bobs on this same issue is because he was annoying me to death. I disagreed with his arguments more than his whole point. Of course, I didn't really do a good job of expressing that and I should have just ignored him.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Al Harrington is not a terrible player, but with Ariza here and younger and definetly more assertive, why duplicate a roster spot that is already filled? Dalembert is really inconsistent. One good game 3 bad games, 1 monster game. With Frye, we're better off. Stromile Swift to this point has no jumper. He is in my opinion, not worth the MLE.