MARBURY STAYING OR LEAVING?

Marbury - staying or leaving

• Total voters

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Whether or not it's for Dalembert, or for someone else, do you guys REALLY think Isiah is liable to trade him, and possibly for who?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
he will most likely stay.....im not sure if its the best thing for the knicks but he probably will remain in NY next year....or at least untill the allstar break

ny3nyk

Rotation player
this trading marbury thing is scaring me.... why must ny always trade away the players that are so important to the knicks or famous in ny? i.e: spree, ewing, (maybe) marbury, camby, mark jackson, oakly, etc

Ted

Benchwarmer
If you'll notice, they traded Oakley for Camby who they traded for McDyss (not on your list) who they traded for Marbury. So I wouldn't lose hope if they decide to move Marbury. Although you can also notice that which each trade they got progressively worse, so who knows.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
camby=injured

mcdyse=injured

ewing=old

spreewell=Ass

not like they gave up stars besides ewing.......camby was injury prone and same with mcdyse.......but latrel is garbage and over paid so who cares.....

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
ny3nyk said:
this trading marbury thing is scaring me.... why must ny always trade away the players that are so important to the knicks or famous in ny? i.e: spree, ewing, (maybe) marbury, camby, mark jackson, oakly, etc

Don't mistake trading Marbury for the disaster that Layden did with Ewing! We wouldn't be in this mess if we just let his contract run out and offered him a coaching spot. Oak got us Camby which was a good deal at the time. I agree with you about Spree, but it was his attitude that got him ousted. SL was the worst thing to happen to NY and we are still reeling from his monsterous moves! But trading Marbury makes the biggest sense. He will be the catalyst to bringing in talent. If we are going to just let contracts run out and hinge our future on draft picks, them keep him, he is a draw at the gate.

Ted

Benchwarmer
If you get better by doing so then trade Marbury, but I think people are getting too overzealous and underestimating the team we can put on the court if we use the MLE wisely and make a move or two. Three college guys in the draft tells me Isiah thinks he can win right away, not championships but make the playoffs. Marbury is the best player and he can lead a team to the playoffs, you don't trade him unless you're still looking at a playoff team without him. If you get a player or two who keep you in the playoff hunt then maybe but I don't know if Zeke is in a huge rush to move Marbury for scraps and potential.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Ted said:
What the Knicks need is a great coach

If the Knicks got Larry Brown, Pat Riley, Chuck Daly out of retirement, Phil jackson, revived Red Auerbach from the dead and put them all on the bench together.... The Knicks still won't make the playoffs with the current roster and with the addition of player(s) brought in at the M/L/E! They need Talent in the way of Youth, ability and athleticism, and mix that in with a seasoned vet or 2. What they need to use wisely is the trading of Marbury. Sweetney is expendable.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Here's my thoughts:

The Lakers couldnt do shit with Kobe and Odom (injured some of the season though).

We have Marbury + better pieces and we did even worse. I think Marbury needs to be traded b/c, while he's better than guys like Parker and Billups, he doesnt play as solid defense, and is older with a horrendous contract. This is also a business, and while he's a fan favorite, you always need to look toward the future when tending to the present.

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
NYK Way said:
I think hes staying Isiah Thomas likes Marbury a lot.

hey i like marbury a lot too, he's one of my favorite players even b4 he was on the knicks but i mean i guess the team could do without him considering nate and crawford who can play the point but honestly trading marbury could possibly be the best move the knicks could make or it could kill the team

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
either way, i don't think we can afford to play if safe this summer. we need to make a major move. you're right though - trading marbury could put us over the top or cripple us. i think that's the risk you have to make when you're in our situation though.

Ted

Benchwarmer
This is ridiculous. This team could compete for home court with a coach. ont know what roster everyone's looking at

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
wtf are you talking about???

the nets will be better once they pickup a PF.

the sixers will be just as good if not better.

the pistons, heat, and pacers will all be vastly superior.

the bulls and wizards will give us a run for our money.

home court??? ya fuckin right.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Don't be so agressive when you're not right. I'm as critical of Zeke as anyone but the Bulls were what 4 or 5 with a bunch of young guys and Antonio Davis and Othella in their rotation. Check the rotations on all the teams in the East and tell me that if Frye and Nate pan out and we make one or two changes we're not right in it

Ted

Benchwarmer
Jason Kidd and Carter are both walking injuries and they have no depth.

Sixers, some depth and C-Webb is also a walking injury.

Pistons Heat Pacers are a given

Bulls and Wiz had one good year they could go either way from here

Compete doesn't mean win.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Dude, since when do rookies drive a team deep into playoff contention............ever?

I don't care what any of you say about injuries...The nets, barring any major injuries, are one of the favorites in the east, along /w/ detroit, miami, and indy. chicago and washington have better teams than us right now. the sixers will give us a run for our money. hell, depending on what ainge does, boston will even challenge us.

I'm hopeful just like any of you, but I just don't see it happening for us EVEN with Marbury and Stro or Kwame or whoever the fuck we pick up. Sometimes, too many players is bad.

Trading Marbury opens up the lineup big time. Forget about his contract and age issues. It allows Crawford to play the position he should, and Nate to get some minutes behind him. But I don't wanna just dump him. I'd be loving that Dalembert deal...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Hmm Ben Gordon didn't do that did he? Tayshaun? Beno didn't play at all for the champion Spurs right. THey don't have to be stars just part of the rotation.

Nets can't lick the floor Detroit and Indy and Miami walk on. Not in the same league.

Boston will be good too, but who thought the Suns would have the best record and make the conferene finals? Who said the Wiz would be that good and how many people had the Bulls just ahead of the Hawks? There's a reason they play the games and we have some talent if a coach can harness it.

Crawford is not a point guard. Explain how you see that working.

Trading your star for a project big man is not a good idea.