MSG SPORTSDESK - Isiah refuting trade rumors

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
I did read the topic......and there are multiple trades that could happen...

i assume marbury but i reall dont no wut "refuting" means

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
apparently he's VERY pissed at those Philly trade rumors, and is basically refuting any and all of them. he didn't say Marbury isn't being traded though. That's why I'm even more confused.

Got it?

Ted

Benchwarmer
These were rumors that for all we know Chad Ford woke up and decided would make good headlines. At this point I'm sure Isiah is talking to every GM and free agent in the league. It's tons of fun to speculate but you can't take anything short of a confirmation too seriously.

If Zeke does want to move Steph it drives down his value if everyone thinks he's desperately trying to trade him. If he doesn't Steph is probably not too happy to hear the rumors.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
yes thank you for clarifying it for me.......see providing information helps

and dont talk down on me son.....all i asked wus for u to clarify....i dont appreciate u gettin smart wit me

u dont have to say got it to make it look like your lookin down on me kid cuz u dont no me..

a simple explanation would of been fine

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
i wasn't talkin down to you "son." if i was i'd happily admit it. this was not one of those cases.

and ya, this roster STILL needs a major overhaul. i see what you mean how it's important for isiah to publically say that, so as to ensure Marbury's stock doesnt drop just in case.

Still....I'm sooooooo confused.

And you know what - fuck Chad Ford.
F'n A'hole.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Maybe it's invisible ink cause I don't see it. All the journalists are mentioning those names because they're the most valuable players on our roster. One or both might be moved, but so might neither. I really don't see Steph getting moved though because you won't get equal value in return and you'll have a huge hole. I think that Isiah incquired around about what he was worth just to see.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Eh....you never know with Zeke. Who ever saw that Q deal coming along. I think Isiah almost HAS TO be open to the idea of trading Marbs. Whether it comes to fruition, though, is another thing...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Isiah can't decide whether or not he's going to trade someone until he explores all his options and then the options are completely different after free agents start to sign. He can't decide he's going to trade say Sweets for Kwame until he talks to Washington and they want to do it. Not that he necissarily wants to make that move anyway

Ted

Benchwarmer
This is a playoff team why does he have to trade the best player? Because Chad Ford the writer who as far as I know has never worked in a front office says so?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
he doesnt wanna get marbury mad in case he dosnt get traded so it doesnt affect his game during the season perhaps

its chad fords job to make rumors marbs nd sweets will stay cause that their startin pg nd pf t3t nd pennyless are probly gon h20 is as good as gone he might add sum bigman i like gadzuric for the mid level cause hes rebounder aggresive and doesnt command the ball so he wont clog up the paint for q and ariza to do their job

Ted

Benchwarmer
Marbury, Q, Tim Thomas in his contract year (read: motivation), Sweets, and Frye with Crawford, Nate, Ariza, and Lee/JYD/Rose/Mo. That's not a half bad team. Not great and way overpriced but they could compete for home court with a good coach.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Ya, let's have the highest payroll team in the league and be mediocre at best (in the east).

wonderful. that's really shootin for the stars there.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Ok lets trade our best player instead of a 105 million payroll we're at 90 and have no chance at the playoffs

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
wut would happen if someone assasinated like a whole nba team......

would they have to play with all free agents...that would suck

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Ok first of all, it's more than 15 Million. It's closer to 20. But that's not the point. It opens up the roster, gets us FAR closer to the cap once you account for Timmy and Penny's expiring contracts (30 Million), and will land us a young talent and picks.

Trading Marbury brings us to less than 60 Million by 2006. By 2006-07, we'd be WAYYYYY under the cap. Houston and Taylor would land us more than 30 Million straight off the cap. that would really give us some breathing room to make a major attempt at lebron.

but let's say we keep Marbury. We won't have enough cap space to even make an attempt after lebron, b/c you have to account for the MLE being used once, if not twice, in the next 2-3 years.

that's what worries me. Isiah is not the greatest business man. I hope he's looking into the near future as well. Trading Marbury will open up the roster and allow us to get younger, all the while setting us up perfectly for 2006-07...

and have you ever thought about this: getting under the cap sooner is better for the FANS. ticket prices go down, giving us everyday fans the opportunity to go to MSG and kick back and watch our budding stars play.