Optimism 4 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
once again i agree with bobs......

when crawford played the point last year......he was finding good shots for his players......there was alot of ball movements...

and when he was in he was racking up the assists instead of the pnts.....

crawford is quicker then marbury,better off the dribble, better shooter and he is a better PG period.....steph will be great some days when he gets everyone invlolved then theres days when its all about him.....

side not: n e one see how big ariza got?

Ted

Benchwarmer
Bob: Do you watch basketball? Stephon Marbury never plays within a system, but he is a point guard, not questions asked. He penetrates at will and creates for others. What glut at guard? Steph, Crawford, and Nate. Q is a swingman, he played 3 on a team that won 60 games.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
You know Ted, I basically can't be wrong. If you read my arguement on the first page, I clearly state why Steph is no good for any number of reasons. The only player on a team you should ever have to build around is a Center, or coach. Marbury is a PG, his job is to distribute the ball. However, like Francis, he's a scoring PG. That's why our Offense runs so stagnantly. The ball doesnt move around at all. And look at it this way - based on what I've seen of Nate even before his rookie season, I'm basically blown away. His skill level is VERY high. He plays the same style as Marbury, and while nobody can tell if his potential is as high, he also plays on the ball D, and pushes the ball up the court, 2 things Steph can't do...

Marbury SHOULD be out or Isiah just isn't getting it...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Crawford is quicker than Marbury? Better off the dribble? What. Marbury can take anyone in the league off the dribble, and Crawford is a jump shooter.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Bob: good luck with Nate as your starter. Jordan prolly wasn't a good player to build around right. TD? KG? both 4s. I quit.

You are wrong. Read the long one I wrote where you actually sent a intelligent response. You won't win a championship with Marbury but you'll make the playoffs. I don't like him either but you can't give him away or we won't get a player of his callaber for several years. You're not getting anything good for him. You tell me who you'd trade him for.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
crawford is better off the dribble......he just doesnt penatrate much so u dont see that as much

crawford has one of the top 3 or 4 crossover moves in the league behind

Iverson
wade
baron davis
crawford

crawford could be put at 3rd best............

if crawford could put on some weight.....he will be amazing......marbs uses his strenght to penetrante not his quickness......hell make a move then basicall use his body to stay infront of the defender so the defender cant get in front of him.....

and i should ask u if uve watched n e knick games last year......because crawford had improved his selection and drove to the basket acationaly so hes not just a jump shooter

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Ted, simply STFU. I've explained point by point why Steph should be dealt. I like his heart and how he never takes a game off, but sometimes you gotta swallow your pride, and accept reality.

Crawford gets our players more involved. He can push the ball down the floor. He's taller, which will enable him to create more matchup problems.

Marbury is starting to get over the hill. He's hugely overpaid. And the only play he knows is the pick and roll, which he is a master at, but nonetheless leaves the team stagnant.

And if you actually took my arguements to heart, you'd realize there are a couple or so more arguements that are equally valid. you could go along with any one of them, and you'd be right.

Q will play Guard/Forward for us. Why? B/c Ariza really can't play much SG, and Timmy won't dealt unless it's for a huge contract, which I don't see or want happening. Timmy will get atleast 25 mins. a game at Sf. Q will probably start at SG, and then move to SF to let Crawford come off the bench at the 2 (IF AND ONLY IF WE KEEP MARBURY). Trading Marbury allows every player to get the minutes he deserves and to play the position he is supposed to.

End of fuckin story...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Jason Kidd wasn't someone you can build a conference champion around was he? Who is Detroit built around? No one. Who won the Finals MVP for them? A scoring point: Billups.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
detroit also has 2 big men in ben wallace and rasheed wallace witch is the reason why the pistons made it to the finals

sure if marbury had 2 great bigmen he could take knicks deep into the p/offs but he wont get them......

he costs to much for the knicks to maintaine........he has his knee problems as mentioned before.......

sure he brings energy to games.....and fill seats and makes money off his jersey.....

but ID RATHER SEE THE TEAM GO SOMEWHERE........marbury is a great player....but he cannot do n e thing for us....

akkuma

Rookie
hey knickfan420 watch your mouth son, you probably didnt understand what i was saying. there are no kids in this forum, you look silly cursing at someone you will never see in your life. lets keep our foucus on the knicks.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Chauncey Billups is clutch and plays excellent on the ball Defense. He's also 6-3.

Jason Kidd has always been an amazing passer, and has worked hard on his shooting. He's also a good rebounder, and can score when he needs to. He's 6-4.

Marbury has something that neither of those players does - the belief that he's SUPPOSED to play the way he does. Marbury hasn't changed a single thing about his game since he came in the league. Those other 2 have. Jason Kidd added shooting, Billups added poise and defense. What has Marbury added to his game??? Nothing.

That's right, I'VE explained, and you're simply repearting the words - you're wrong. Truth is - you are buddy. But it's OK, I can understand why you'd jock a fan-favorite that plays hard injured or not. But that's just blinding you from the truth...

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
U look stupid thinking we need to draft a pg when we JUST GOT ONE......

ur a ****ing moron who knows nothing about the knicks......before u put input in a topic make sure u no wtf your talking about......

and i will not watch my mouth

e_D

Benchwarmer
Stop snapping at each other and talk ball, kids. It becomes a pain in the ass to want to read intelligent discussion, but you have to wade through insults and arguments to get to it. Maybe you guys could settle your problems in a different part of the forums..

Sorry for the off topic, but i'm getting tired of the constant bickering from thread to thread.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Bob: Here's why you're wrong.

First of all Marbury has certainly improved since he came into the league at 19.

But anyway. I was taking this for granted in my head the whole time and arguing about stupid peripheral points.

NO ONE WANTS MARBURY.

How do you trade a player to no one.

As much as you've gone on about how no one understands trades but you, you forgot the biggest thing. It takes two to tango. Atlanta does not want him. They're in a great situation to slowly rebuild I doubt they're gonna throw it away for Marbury. Philly probably doesn't want him either. Maybe Mark Cuban will return to his old ways but I think he's really matured.

You will not get a "legit" big or good picks for him. If you could get a "legit" big I would do it in a second.

If you think trading Marbury is a good idea tell me who wants him? What do you do with this cap space? When do you win? Any team that I can think of who got a ton of cap space stunk for a very long time. If you can think of examples to the contrary, Im sure there are, let me know.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Spurs don't count as a team that "got" a bunch of cap space by the way. They were a championship team who managed the cap well. If we dump cap room and are far enough under to really do something we're probably going to have to add almost no new contracts and have a skeleton roster.

And LeBron doesn't count as a plan. He won't leave Cleveland. Esp. to play on a loser.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
So you've gone from "Marbury can't and won't be traded, end of story".......to "Marbury might be traded but he's improved since he was 19"......to "Well, so what if he should be traded, no one wants him."

I beg to differ. Marbury SHOULD be traded, for every reason I mentioned, or any single one. And please, we ALL know he most definitely CAN be traded. Atlanta would have more than 20 Million left AFTER taking on Marbury's salary.

Listen, be a bigger man and admit that it's simply not a good idea to keep Steph. Plain and simple...

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Actually, the Spurs have no interest in Marbury. Use some common sense.

And you better believe if Cleveland can't land Hughes or JJ, they will end up sucking just as much as they did last year, and Lebron will easily be led to sign with another team come 07. With cap space, I can't see him NOT signing with NY...

Once again, on this particular issue, I'm right. End of story.

Ted

Benchwarmer
My point when I always say that cap space is BS is that it's a riskier avenue then slowly rebuilding and letting a core play together and get comfortavble and make changes till you se your golden opp. like trading for Rasheedfor the Pistons. THat's the avenue most teams take, and I think its for good reason.

No one ever brought up, I should have before, that this Knicks core was completely unfamiliar with each other.

Ted

Benchwarmer
I never said the Spurs had interest I said in thinking of a team that cleared the cap and rebuilt that way the Spurs dont count.

The Cavs just missed the playoffs. I dont know what your def. of sucking is.

No your not right. Who wants him????????????? Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.