according to it himself starbury is staying put

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
eh.......he's basically saying those rumors are bullshit. doesnt mean marbury won't be shopped though. i think he's basically upset that he doesnt have the upperhand in negotiations concerning Marbury, with all this media bullshit going on.

like he said, "it wasn't cool" that false reports were going around. never flat out denied that marbury will be traded.

Ted

Benchwarmer
I don't know that the reports were totally false, just overblown. I didn't read the Hawks or Spurs ones (if there was ever a Spurs one not sure). But Ford's only mistake was saying that Isiah WOULD be willing to trade Marbury for the Sixers 4 guys. If he said that it was in the realm of possibility or something like The Knicks and Sixers have spoken (if they have and I don't doubt they have) and this was discussed. I'm sure that execs, especially rebuilding ones, talk to each other in the offseason about what they might do all the time. Maybe (just speculating) Isiah called and said what would it take for a sign and trade to get Dally? THe Sixers might have then said well the only player we like at all on your roster is Steph. And the more I think about it the Sixers are one organization that would be willing to take on that contracts for another star who might get them a championship (see Deke and C-Webb). There's an equal chance that Chad Ford pulled it out of his butt cause he saw that the Knicks could use Dally and the salaries work and heard that Thomas had a convo with the Sixers.

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Today at half time it seems like Isiah isnt gonna give up Marbury, cuz he said MSG sold out a lot of games cuz of him. And hes from NY so if we trade him a lot of people are gonna be mad. And he said those rumors are like dissing the Knicks and him.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
If Isiah DOESN'T atleast consider dealing Marbury, he's a bad GM. Plain and simple.

For a list of reasons explaining why, go to the Optimism 4 2005 Thread...(I'm not repeating it)