Bums In Bums Out: Who's Got to Go and How

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro: Here's my list of Knicks that I wanna see gone and why.

Penny Hardaway- he's done. Finished. Lil' Penny has seen the latest Sprite commercial and has put a gun to his head. I say let his contract run out and use the space, or package him as a throw- in for a trade for a young stud big.
Bruno Sundov- do i need to explain?
Allan Houston- As much as I liked him, I hope he retires, or if the PA does us justice, we can cut him, pay him, without it counting against the cap.
Jackie Butler-he's a scrub
JYD-love him, but we are rebuilding. By the time we're good, he'll be finished.
Malik Rose-see JYD. Maybe keep him around for a year, let him instill work ethic in the young guys, then let him walk as a throw in in a sign and trade.
Mike Sweetney?- If he don't drop 15 or 20 pounds, I'd consider trading him also. We plan on running alot, he's got some quickness, but he's no Stromile Swift. Plus he's slow on defensive rotation. I'd consider moving Frye to the 4 if we get a center.
Mo Taylor?- Like him also. But he might turn out to be trade bait during the season. He's gonna put up some good numbers if he comes off the bench for us, making him a valuable commodity b4 the dead line.
And last but not least, Tim Thomas- like his game, but he's too soft. Can score whenever he wants, but gets embarrassed by any good 3 man.
I predict he's gonna have a breakout season-he's gonna pull a Dampier-in the last year of his contract. Let him walk in 2006, or if any sucker GM like Babcock or Buss comes with the right deal, entertain the possibilities.

Peace

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Marbury - everyone knows why. If you don't know why I feel this way, engage yourself in 5 pages of wisdom in the "Optimism 4 2005" Thread.

Rose - I love this guy, but he won't survive in a run and gun style, and it's more so his contract and the number of years left. If we can't trade him, I wouldn't mind waiving him to clear the glut at PF. It wouldnt hurt in the long run really, b/c we won't be able to feel the effects of his expiring contract until 2008...

That's it...

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
im not smart finacially but get rid of jyd, allan houston, butler, bruno, penny

keep marbury because he can run all over anybody he wants, score at will, dish anytime, tell him what to do and he'll do it. Teach crawford about shooting the rock to much, and shot selection, keep rose to install defense first mentality, maybe rose and taylor come off the bench to spark some scoring.

get dalembert, or swift,

no kwame, james

maybe curry if healthy

keep herb williams,

Importantly dont hire Bill Lambeer, worst comes to worst isiah takes over coaching

within two years we are in the top 3 in the east

lastly take Lebrons pipe out of your mouths, well deal with that later.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
stephonmarbury8 said:

keep marbury because he can run all over anybody he wants, score at will, dish anytime, tell him what to do and he'll do it. Teach crawford about shooting the rock to much, and shot selection, keep rose to install defense first mentality, maybe rose and taylor come off the bench to spark some scoring.

get dalembert, or swift,

no kwame, james

maybe curry if healthy

keep herb williams,

Importantly dont hire Bill Lambeer, worst comes to worst isiah takes over coaching

This couldn't be coming from a Marbury jocker could it????

Naaa, no way.

Dude, in all seriousness, you sound more like a Marbury fan than a Knicks fan. Good luck with that.......

portega1968

El Cacique
bobs3304 said:
stephonmarbury8 said:

get dalembert, or swift,

no kwame, james

maybe curry if healthy

keep herb williams,

This couldn't be coming from a Marbury jocker could it????

Naaa, no way.

Dude, in all seriousness, you sound more like a Marbury fan than a Knicks fan. Good luck with that.......
Steph and Herb not compatible, one will be gone soon...Jerome James with the MLE is a no-brainer...damn I prefer Chandler over Curry but that doesn't seem in the books (Sweets WILL be the next Knick gone)

Ted

Benchwarmer
A comment this periodic uptempo talk: Just because Zeke's focus is on O doesn't mean we're gonna run like the Suns. We don't have the horses. The Kings and Mavs have both scored a ton but were much more tame than the Suns.

The chances of getting Curry or Chandler is next to nothing. They're hot stuff on the market and one of them if on everyone's wishlist.

James is not a no brainer. He was on one winning team so suddenly he's not lazy with a weight problem and no feel for the game? Look at your other possible options.

Kwame or Swift could be possibilities if a team with cap room doesn't like them we have to manage a sign and trade. Would also love to see Eddie Griffin in a Knicks uni. Toine is also a possibility and whatever you think about him he has game and a track record: you know what you're getting.

I think Magloire might be the easiest to get. NO is rebuilding but I think he only has two years left on his deal so maybe not. Don't know how I feel about him but he can defend a little.

Just a hunch, but I don't think that their going to cut half the team. If you're paying them anyway why not have them on your bench instead of the comps? They can earn their minutes or sit.

I think a coaching change is inevitable. The way Zeke has handled it is so unprofessional.
What do you know about Lambeer as a coach? Have you ever sat down and talked strategy or played on a championship team with him? Cause Zeke has. O he coached girls he can't be good. If he's a good coach he's a good coach. Def. no nonsense. The problem with Herb is he seems so relaxed. Steph, JC, and Q will be out of control. He also doesn't seem like an offensive genius. I would have been in 7th heaven if we got McMillan. I don't have the slightest idea who it'll be but I think there's a change. How many times do you see a team interview everyone out there and make offers only to keep their guy?

"Vecsey flat out reported the day after the draft that Isiah's "master" plan (he basically was mocking Isiah) was to get Gasol. Look it up. "

Wasn't saying you're wrong I was saying who will Memphis take for him according to Vecsey.

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
The only way i could see memphis taking marbury would be moving him to shooting guard, cause i dont see jwill going there, seeing he cant really shoot the rock that well??

and for the other guy, I am a marbury fan, I follow where he goes, but i cant make up stats those are real.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Vecsey is known around the league for starting phony rumors so I don't think he's right. But he's tight with Zeke after they commentated together. Jalen Rose blamed them for conspiring to ruin his rep. Just want to know if there's anything like West wants to unload Pau.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
And last but not least, Tim Thomas- like his game, but he's too soft.

Are u kidding me????tim thomas soft??

kurt thomas was soft......tim posts up.....he goes to the basket into traffic and he dunks on people........

how is he soft????because he has a killer 3 shot automatically makes him soft???

this is the same guy who was about to woop paul pierces ass in a game..

i disagree with him being soft........and everone u mentioned i want out as well execpt JYD.....wut can i say i love the guy and the way he plays the game

portega1968

El Cacique
The writing's on the wall: Jerome James will come for the MLE. Rather have his 7'1" and 275 than Bruno Sundov on the bench.

No doubt Sweet is a goner. David Lee has basically the same game although he needs to work on his O. Most likely, Sweets will be gone for Kwame since Sweets is loved in GTown more than Memphis, Philly or Atlanta. Only way that isn't happening is if Isiah does a 3way for the other usual suspects (Curry, Swift or Dalembert) since there isn't anything else we can send to those teams.

I don't like Antoine Walker and do not want to see him at our foul line. It would probably take Jamal to bring him here more than Sweets, so I definitely rather not have him.

Herb is a foregone conclusion. He doesn't have Stephon's attention and Marbs is most likely staying. I agree with Ted that we should't prejudge Laimbeer as a coach. We hate him for his arrogance when he was a bad boy at MSG, but he was a competitive one at it. I suspect he will be hired as an assistant to Isiah or Aguirre more than as the head coach. This combo, though sarcastically ironic for us fans, would have Stephon's undivided attention or expediate his departure. It will bring back that defensive intensity our team lost circa 2000. So, I'd rather see that trio here than watch a good guy like Herb hung out to dry.

Ted, I personally don't like Vecsey for his arrogance (his occasional trashing of Barkley is out of line), but he is rarely off target and rarely reports something he hasn't reliably sourced. He is a true Insider unlike that fraud named Chad at ESPN. He's not that tight with Isiah b/c of his arrogant self, but nevertheless they talk frequently b/c its inevitable given their jobs. He is right when he suggests there is no way Isiah will get his wish of landing Gasol for the obvious reasons mentioned herein.

Nate will help Steph alleviate the wear and tear on his ankles. I hope Stephon improves his people skills or he is eventually gone. Nate and Trevor will be the heart of this team for a long time.

portega1968

El Cacique
Tim Thomas must be bipolar. He does show some flahes of huge talent, it's just that he just as much shows a lack of focus and ugly games. Can blame anyone for doubting his consistency after all these years. Unless he has a monster first half, he will be gone by Feb like Penny.

Mo and Rose should be considered above Allan Houston with that waive exemption for capped out teams. These guys have longer contracts than Allan's. I know Houston is getting paid too much, but he should be able to earn some of that in the nxt two years. I don't see Rose or Taylor worth one bit in the long run considering the glut at PF. Allan deserves another chance 'cause I'd hate to let him go, pay him the $40mil and watch him sign for the MLE elsewhere and burn us. That's most probably James Dolan's choice over whatever Isiah has to say.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Vecsey has a reputation for spreading bs rumors, its not my opinion I know nothing about him. He has started rumors that have made people very upset like Harpring for Elton Brand. Look him up and all you'll see is articles by other people about bs rumors that people got mad about. No journalist can tell you everything that a team will actually do.

Lee is not really that similar to Sweets. Sweets is a bigboned banger who's biggest asset is scoring. Lee's athletic and his biggest weakness is his scoring. Also a #30 pick is not a sure thing. Also, you don't trade for a player just becasue he went to college near where you play. The fans don't make trades although maybe Bobs reterict on this site led people to believe otherwise.

What makes you say that there is Jerome James writing on the walls? How many minutes did Sundov get? He's a 12th man. James is a last, last, last option with the MLE. He's fat and lazy and a decent year on a good team in his contract year doesn't make up for years of underacheiving. It would be a mistake to give him the whole MLE.

Ted

Benchwarmer
James played 17 MPG and had a lower rebound rate and player efficiency rating (PER) than Potakenko.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Also a #30 pick is not a sure thing.

do u know how many stars who have been picked IN THE SECOND ROUND?

Wash-Gilbert Arenas

Det-Rip hamilton

Mil-I think michael redd was a 2nd rounder

Sea-Rashard Lewis

Nyk-Trevor ariza has great hopes ahead of him possibly

those are a couple that were pick IN THE SECOND ROUND ALONE.....so to say that being picked 30th is bad means absolutly nothing...and there are alot more picked in the 2nd round who are great

Ted

Benchwarmer
Rip Hamilton was the #7 overall pick and you missed Manu, Boozer and about a hundred other guys. I didn't say Lee can't be good:

"Also a #30 pick is not a sure thing."

He is not a sure thing. He could be good, he could be bad. Very few draft picks period are sure things and thats why so many guys fall in the draft.

Ted

Benchwarmer

Also Rip went to Washigton and Arenas went to Golden State so be a little more sure before you insult people

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
I never insulted n e one.......i never said he was drafted by detroit

i simply put DET-RIP HAMILTON......meaning he was on detroit

for some reason i really thought he was a second rounder......maybe i was thinkin of manu.......but i never said he was drafted for the pistons....

i also said there were alot more greats in the 2nd round that i will not mention

Ted

Benchwarmer
OK but how many players taken in the second never make an NBA roster?

Being picked 30 or not being picked at all means nothing but the fact that 29 other guys were picked before you means there are some questions about you.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
How can i have forgotten this guy

Ben Wallace.......WAS NOT DRAFTED..and he is one of the best centers in teh league.....

regardless if not all 2nd rounders become stars or not......there is always hidden talent in drafts....and there were alot of 2nd rounders who are great players

Ted

Benchwarmer
Right and there are always players who never even contribute. I never said Lee is bad I said he cannot be counted on to replace Sweetney until he at least plays his first NBA game.