Hughes' fittin to sign with the Cavs?

Ted

Benchwarmer
It's rumored that Larry Hughes will sign with the Cavs for 12 mill per.

If they do sign him it would signal that they've put aside their eternal search for a 3point shooter for at least a moment. I like him as much as Redd but I think his D might be overrated. He was first team All-NBA on D in large part because he gets a ton of steals, but that means he gambles a lot and says nothing about his man to man D.
On the other hand, I think giving Redd a max deal is a mistake by the Bucks and would have been only a smaller mistake if he had been maxed out to play with LeBron: I like him in the 8-10 million range but not the max. Especially for a small market team like the Bucks. He looks to me like a slightly more athletic Allan Houston in that his D is suspect and he doesn't really "make others better". But with Redd, a healthy Ford, D-Mason, and if Bogut become at least a Vlade type they look pretty good in a couple years.
Back to Hughes. I guess he becomes a poor (I mean poverty stricken) man's Pippen to LeBron's Jordan. With Hughes' and LeBron's considerable ability to distribute the ball you can get more of a shooter/defender at the point. Add Gooden, ?Z?, and some good role players (love Anderson Varejao and Ira Newble, and maybe Luke Jackson's improves or maybe Martynus Andriuskevicius is the next Z) and they could be a solid playoff team until LeBron and a strong supporting cast are ready to take them all the way.

Should they resign Z?????

In my opinion it all depends on how much and for how long you don't want him eating the cap after he's no longer useful.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
With this addition, Cavs should be a force to be reckoned with again next year.. except you should see them in the playoffs, dont look for them to skid.. Lebron and Larry are going to be a great duo, good managment from Cleveland, to get this guy

Ted

Benchwarmer
I don't know, you think they're in the same league as Detroit, Miami, Indiana, SA? Not next year for sure.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
its a good pickup cuz they needed a good 2. however hes not that much of a shooter, which is what they really need. not many left for them....at least hughes brings some d.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Ted said:
I don't know, you think they're in the same league as Detroit, Miami, Indiana, SA? Not next year for sure.

i didnt mention any of those teams, but w/e... they will be a hard team to play against, and will definently do better than last season

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
This is actually a bad sign for the knicks. With Huges gone, which it looks like he is, this means that the Wizards will try to use Kwame in a sign and trade, to get a replacement. Unless they sign someone like Mobley, outright (I have to admit that I am not familiar with their payroll), Isiah's dream of getting Kwame with Sweetney might be just a pipe dream.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
the cavaliers still dont have the jumpshooter for lebron....when lebron pentrates there is no body outside that is a threaht but adding larry hughes was a good move...the cavaliers is still not an elite team but they are close

Ted

Benchwarmer
Peach: "Cavs should be a force to be reckoned with again next year."

I like the signing and if they add some other guys they're in the playoffs. Only reason I brought up elite teams is becasue I don't consider 6 or 7 or 8 seeds as forces "to be reckoned with."

I don't think that the Cavs need a shooter as badly as they think. Eventually they do, all teams need some outside shooting, but since they got LeBron it seems like every other move they make is based on getting some guy who can shoot the lights out even if he does nothing else well: Kapono, Pavl..., and Luke Jackson.