Brown to NY???

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
According to Newsday.com:
According to Sports Illustrated's website, Detroit owner Bill Davidson is likely to fire Larry Brown, which would make him available to coach the Knicks if he resolves his health issues

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Blumatic said:
Just read that too. Steph will thrive under Brown, just like Billups and Iverson did.

He might, Brown has a way of getting the attention and respect from his players. But, I see Brown wanting more D in the front court. I think Brown, especially after dealing with SM in the Olympics, would agree that they should use him to try to get some help at the forward spot(s).

Ted

Benchwarmer
All my prayers might be answered.

It doesn't matter who's on the roster, LB would be the biggest offseason upgrade by any team.

Of course, I'm going to hold off on admitting that there is a God until he is fired and he signs with us.

portega1968

El Cacique
Detroit is on the clock b/c they are ready to let Brown go but wanted a pick for letting him go to NY. Thank God Isiah is patient and will wait to force their hand and get Brown without losing a pick. Its obvious Larry's wife was spinning the truth when she assured everyone Larry was going back to Motown, because all it takes is for him to say he's going back. And he hasn't.

If Brown does come, don't expect Frye to get much gametime (a la Darko and Croshere). Hopefully, he will be able to take Steph to the next level, something which requires great help defense from the middle since Steph's ankles are a guaranteed slower step on defense against other PGs.

I would still like to see Laimbeer come in as an assistant to really toughen up things in the paint.

Or, any chance Herb would be held on as assistant if Larry Brown is hired?

portega1968

El Cacique
Brown and Dumars meet Tuesday... maybe Pistons decided it was time to fire him 'cause it's obvious Larry isn't going to negotiate a buyout. Brown would become the highest paid coach in NBA history if he comes to NY.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
-supposing detroit lets larry go soon. He leaves detroit, but doesn't join ny. He takes a year off to rest and heal.

Would it be better if we hold on to Herb now and give him a full season as head coach to improve the team? instead of pressuring larry now, it would be best to wait and let larry choose. Let Larry take a year or two off. By the time Larry feels he's ready, he can't deny our patience and the fact we're willing to pay him a busload of money($13mil?). For the mean time he gets rest and he can spend more time w/ his family and agent in longisland, New York, obviously he'll stay in contact w/ the knicks and he'll know whats in the media. With in 1-2 years, i feel the knicks will be in a much better position. Hopefully then frye,lee,nate,craw,ariza and so on, will have matured/improved their game. i feel that this would b a much better scenario. lets not bring him in for the team we have now. Let herb to stay put. Let Herb, Aguire and the other coaches train the younger players to play defense. Then let larry come in, and do his thing. Would we still have to give up draft picks?

LETS HOPE EVERYONE STAYS HEALTHY THIS TIME AROUND.

Why can't Lenny come back? and What exsactly happend with Marbury and everyone else in the lockeroom arguument right in the middle of the season when the knicks actually looked OK..what happend??

(sorry if i sound unclear, i've been smokin w/ my girlfriends all day)

e_D

Benchwarmer
I like the idea of giving Herb a shot. Especially since reading that Westphal may come in as an assistant, and run the offense, while Herb focuses more on defense. I'd like to see how that worked for the year, giving Larry time to rest. I wouldn't want Larry coming in only to miss 20 something games because of surgery.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i like herb williams too, i think he can communicate with the knicks better after all he was a knick himself. also, with larrys health problems i dont think he will be around for long before his bladder problem kicks in again.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Herb Williams is a nice guy, who has the players' respect, but he doesn't have the ability to close out games. You need to know which are the right plays to run when and where.
If you watched this year's finals, you would see what I am talking about.
Popovich and Brown showing their coaching skills at its finest.

Larry Brown would be perfect for NY.
He changed Rasheed's attitude to a more composed person, he changed Billups - a guard everybody thought was ok but not a winner ( was on 5 different teams in 6 NBA seasons) into an allstar.

He would institute team defence - something we haven't seen from the knicks in a long time.

Bring Brown home!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
lambieer pulled out of running for knicks coach and is interested in seattle. maybe isiah told him were getting brown...or is keeping herb who knows. ESPN

ny3nyk

Rotation player
brown is going to coach ny, at least i hope so. with the new young knicks, i just dont see williams developing them to the fullest

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
espn article says hell decide by monday at the latest (he said it himself) but that he only wants to coach detroit. espn page 2 had a good article by whitlock about how detroit management runs out their coaches.