Jerome James

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
I dont hate it, but I heard a bunch of ppl say ziggy woudlnt fit into isiah's scheme because he was 30 and they wanted young talent, well to me it seems jerome james is the same age 30, and is huge, i cant see him running up and down the floor, but i guess im not the gm, but at least he can give us some defensive presence. can we please sign and trade penny away or allen, please?????

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
This move would be perfect...WHY? Because I liked the move to get Q and I like the draft picks we got...so it is about time that IT makes an awful move to negate all of this. James averaged 4 pts a game last year and only 16 minutes...beacuse of "stupid fouls" ...I have also heard reports that call him lazy in games and practice and often late for team meetings...jesus IT what are you doing?!?!?!?!?!?! This is just a huge waste of money....and a wasted roster spot...

Trin_Starr

Starter
I really don't understand this one as well.
If Isiah was taking this route - he should have gone with Hunter instead, similiar stats to James but only commits around 2 fouls a game in 13mins.
Plus he is 6 yrs younger than James.....

If you look the stats of Jerome James - you will see that in 16mins a game - he averages almost 4 fouls - no wonder he can't play more minutes!!! - he is always in foul trouble.

Isiah must believe that Mark Aguirre can work miracles cause that's the only way I see James getting good!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
Ray Allen's quote on Jerome James -

"Allen says he told James: "You show glimpses of being great, and then all of a sudden you come out and look like you've never worked on your game before or you have no energy. People, they see that. You have to stop blaming everybody else and step up and take responsibility. You are 7-feet tall. When you come out and do the things you are capable of, people are going to celebrate you – forever."

GREAT - so it seems Isiah signed a huge, lazy crybaby for $5mil no less - Isiah - whatever u smoking - u can keep that $hit lol

I'm going to get burned alive for this, but I don't think this is that bad a deal.
And I dont' think it's overpaying.

$5 to $6 million a year for a seven-footer. What numbers do you expect from a player making that salary? Would 9 points and 7 rebounds be reasonable? Think about it. Any more than that and it's icing on the cake. If he goes on to average...say...12 and 8 or something, then $6 mil a year doesn't look so bad, huh? And 17 and 9? Wowie, that's incredible for that salary. Look at the deal that Big Z got--$12 mil a year.

Please don't expect JJ to be an All-Star at the midlevel exception, but an adequate role player. Any more than that and it's a steal.

NYC2BGI

Rookie
I agree with most of the prior posts. We would be better off without slow, no offense, always lazy Jerome James. He has had plenty of opportunity to prove that he could play and has not done so. This is one of Isiah's worst moves.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
OK ...I guess its my turn to throw my opinion out there.... soooo here it is:

I believe signing Jerome James for the MLE was a GOOD move.

Now here is the BECAUSE, before yall start ripping me apart:

Only Jerome James and Hunter were free agents available that could be signed for the MLE.

There must have been a good reason why Isiah didn't go for Hunter instead.

Isiah is trying to get a big name center here, but the only way possible is through sign and trade, sooo if for some reason we didn't get one this off season we would be stuck with frye and sundov at center next season.

Frye as we can see from summer league is not ready to start for the Knicks. He needs time to develop. Although i'm sure he will get plenty of time on the court next season since Jerome is gonna be in foul trouble ALOT.

Another reason this is a good sign is that for Isiah to get a reasonable center in here through a sign and trade is that we would have to give up some of our young talent. Sweetney is not enough to bring a good center in and I sure don't want to see ariza, frye, robinson or lee get traded so quickly. Teams are not interested in our big contracts and the only possibility I see would be through Tim's and Penny's expiring contracts.

Why hold on to the MLE anyways, who else is out there that can fill our needs and willing to take the MLE? Walker wants more and WILL get it somewhere. The others like SWIFT and KWAME are restricted free agents who are guaranteed to make more the MLE.

So CONCLUSION:

Isiah did the right thing, locked down a player that plays a position that we are in need of. Jerome started all 80 games for Seatle last season.
AND plus who says he can't keep trying to get another one of those big name centers anyway. Sign and trade which is all we have to work it anyways its still out there and a possibility. The MLE wasn't going to play any part in that anyways.

Ohhhh and I forgot to add that whoever thinks otherwise are the ones that are smoking some S**** that they should keep..... :moon:

LETS JUST HOPE JEROME BIG ASS IS TRADE BAIT. I WOULD HAVE RATHER STUCK WITH FRYE THEN JJ. NOW THERE IS NO CHANCE FOR KWAME ETHIER BECAUSE HE GOT TRADED TO THE LAKERS FOR C.BUTLER. I HOPE WE CAN TRADE HIM TO THE BULLS. I WONDER IF THE BULLS WOULD BE INTRESTED. JEROME JAMES AND SWEETS FOR EDDY CURRY OR TYSON CHANDLER. BUT THAT WAS A DUMB A$$ PICK UP BY ZEKE. WE SHOULD HAVE GOT STRO FROM THE GRIZZ AND I DONT THINK THAT IS OUT THE QUESTION YET.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
easy with the caps. i would rather keep jj and sweets than get curry for health reasons. besides he is already looked at by atl or will probably resign with the bulls. yep, getting james was a good move and gives us inside presence

hoop115

Benchwarmer
goNYgoNYgo said:
$5 to $6 million a year for a seven-footer. What numbers do you expect from a player making that salary? Would 9 points and 7 rebounds be reasonable? Think about it. Any more than that and it's icing on the cake. If he goes on to average...say...12 and 8 or something, then $6 mil a year doesn't look so bad, huh? And 17 and 9? Wowie, that's incredible for that salary. Look at the deal that Big Z got--$12 mil a year.

that would be fine but his career avgs are 4.9pts and 3.5 rbs. not very att

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i kinda like this trade.......

all we need to do is aquire stromile and our team will be great......i woulda rather of them try to get curry or the bulls other center im at a blank then james

C-James/Frye/Butler
Pf-Swift/Jerome williams
Sf-Tim Thomas/Lee
Sg-Crawford/Richardson (am i the only 1 who like crawfrod over Q?)
Pg-Marbury/Robinson/and #25 from summerleague i like him

:hoops:

Get rid of sweetney/houston/penny/maybe keep rose

JJtheKnick

Starter
i hate this. he had a few good games and we sign him to a 5 year deal. this is a very bad move adn the last thing the knicks needed was a long term contect on someone they dont even know how is going to turn out

dacash

Benchwarmer
i read somewhere that since the deal wont be really done till 22 july they can still do a sign and trade with seattle for either malik rose or jerome williams and use the mle toi sign swift. imagine that
j james
s swift
t thomas
q richardson
s marbury nice starting five.
bergen record thats where it came from.

portega1968

El Cacique
There must be something decent we can get for Sweets and Jamal to plug the middle, damn. Let's hope Aguirre can help this guy stay out of foul trouble and improve his boards, in addition to defeating that "lazy" reputation he has. Can we please dub the guy Jerome "JLazy" James for the time being?

portega1968

El Cacique
dacash said:
i read somewhere that since the deal wont be really done till 22 july they can still do a sign and trade with seattle for either malik rose or jerome williams and use the mle toi sign swift. imagine that
j james
s swift
t thomas
q richardson
s marbury nice starting five.
bergen record thats where it came from.

read somewhere else Sonics rather let him go than take on any of the contracts the Knicks have, so better think of a sign and trade for Stromile. I insist we should be able to get something decent for Sweets and Jamal.