Thoughts about Q-Rich trade

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
I know this topic has been done before but i wanna do it again.. In my opinion I think we should have kept Kurt. He played a very important role in the pick and roll; the knicks' staple move.. He was also the only knick that played D.. He averaged as many rebounds as shaq durin the season.. Also because Quentin Richardson has a really bad back injury that might even be career ending.. And did we really need another guard? Q-rich is now our 7th guard.. SEVEN!!

furious lord

Benchwarmer
:afro:
Here's why I had no problem with the trade.
1) Even though we had alot of guards, Hardaway and Houston are injury prone and old by NBA standards, Crawford gets posted up and abused on D and we lacked consistent 3 point shooting.
2) Eventhough Thomas was good on the pick and roll, his offense was so one dimensional that it made it easy to shut down Marbury in the paint. If your starting center and power forward are not post up threats, it is easier for opposing defenses to make you one dimensional on offense. He was one of the reasons why the Knicks took too many jumpers.
3) If Frye pans out and we add another PF, we should get what we lost with the trade and then some. Frye is probably a better shooter and can run the floor and block shots. We get Swift or Walker, that would also help with the rebounding.
4) Thomas was at that age that you must decide whether he is gonna help the team get to the next level or you must trade him for youth while he still has value.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
nah...kurt is aging...u gotta trade away a player at the right time, or else u might be stuck with him forever. example: allan houston. sometimes its hard to trade a player who is still producing, but at the first sign of health issues or aging, u have to really question if hes going to deterioriate soon. kurt was a decent player, but i wont miss him much.

good gm's know when to pull the trigger on a player...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Kurt was my favorite Knicks player, but I have to agree that it was the right time to trade him since his market value was not going to be getting any higher from here on. I'm gonna love seeing him make phoenix better next season though, who knows they might even win it this coming season.

I was resitant at first regarding the trade for Quentin, but after what I saw from Nate this offseason, we got the better end of the deal hands down. Put Quentin and Nate in one hand and Kurt on the other and there is no contest. I'm dying to see what Quentin will do for us this coming season though, so they say he can post up...