If the Season started today.

How many wins will the knicks win (on average)

• 20 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 wins

• 40 wins (a .500 team)

• 50 wins

• 60+

• Total voters

JJtheKnick

Starter
I’m just a little curious if the knicks season started today and Herb was the coach how do u think it will end…………

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think this year were 500, make 7 or 8 seed, but prolly no division (esp if nets get shareef) next year we win division

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
With Herb or Larry and a starting 5 of:

Marbury
QRichardson
TThomas
Frye
James

38-44 record. Every thing depends on James at this point and Marbury getting the others involved. This can't be what Isiah invisioned:-( They're must be another trade brewing.

thwax

Benchwarmer
If the season started today... the Atlantic is not a lock with the Nets not with Abdur-Rahim at PF and Wright coming of the bench... the 76's have a lot of improving up and coming talent - anythings possible with them (good or bad)... somehow i don't think Isaih is finished

hoop115

Benchwarmer
nycefnl said:
Marbury
QRichardson
TThomas
Frye
James

i think the starting 5 will be more like:

Marbury
Crawford
QRich
Sweetney
James

Frye should play PF but not as a starter in his rookie campaign. Unless Crawford or Marbury gets traded, I don't see Crawford or QRich coming off the bench, that leaves TT out of the picture.

NYKnicks15

Starter
im not a very optimistic person BUT i put my vote in for the 50 wins. Heres why...a few more trades. if what Isiah has in mind goes through well be a good team. Look to see a new startin PF on our roster by the end of offseason.

BUT the question is if the season started right now WITH Herb as our coach. If Herb is our coach i think Isiah will have what he has built...A RUN AND GUN TEAM. Small but energetic and fast. mostly effective. still a 45+ win team.

C Jerome James
F Tim Thomas
F Quentin Richardson
G Jamal Crawford
G Stephon Marbury

doesnt look to awe inspiring BUT with Ariza, Frye, Lee, Robinson, Sweetney coming off the bench aswell itll be atleast a fun team to watch

thwax

Benchwarmer
Some guys think we are going to go from 33-49 to 50 plus wins... a minimum of a 17 game turn around... i know LB is good, but that good... remember our starting center ain't THAT good, and hasn't played much minutes, we don't have a starting PF yet... the SF is not solid with TT playing there...

We can't start Q at SF and Crawford at SG, it too small, and the defensive is non-existant... Crawford will have to come off the bench...

hoop115

Benchwarmer
i'm not sure i would want any of the remaining free agents available. i'd rather stick it out until the trade deadline see who'll be available then. so with the current guys that we have, we'll be below .500 before the trade deadline and depending on whether or not we can get another key addition, we're gonna have to claw our way out. i'd say a couple of games above .500 at best.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Here's how I project the East to unfold this year:
1. Miami
2. Indy
3. Detroit
4. NJ
5. Cleveland
6. Wizards
7. Boston
8. NY
9. Philly
10. Milwaukee
11. Chicago
12. Orlando
13. Toronto
14. Atlanta
15. Charlotte

Barring any injuries I think the 1st five spots are pretty much a lock. 6 through 12 are tough to call. Wizards still pretty much have their core intact. Boston's bench keeps on getting deeper as their younger players gain more experience. If Philly loses Dalembert they'll drop, AI can't carry the team forever. Redd & Simmons with Ford & Bogut on Milwaukee will be interesting to see. Last year was a fluke for Chicago, I think they were more intimidated by Skiles than anything else. In Orlando, Hill's ankle has to hold up b/c any team with Francis as the focal point on the offense will struggle. Toronto could not have had a worse off-season. First with the pick of Villanueva, then they chose Joey Graham over Danny Granger. Atlanta, how many SF do they need. Charlotte, doesn't Sean May & Okafor play the same position?

NYKnicks15

Starter
i think that pretty sums it up (the 1-8) except i think Boston mite not make the playoffs. nor do i think Indy will top Detroit. With the most likely departure of both Walker and Payton Boston loses key pieces...

Charlotte-May and Okafor do play the same spot but i wouldnt be surprised (for PR reasons) if they start alot of games with Emeka at the C and may at the 4.

the playoffs will look this (to me)...
1.Miami
2.Detroit
3.New Jersey
4.Cleveland
5.Indiana
6.Washington
7.New York
8.(i think will be a surprise too many teams fighting for it)

thwax

Benchwarmer
you've forgotten about Chicago... i don't think they are going to fall off the page... they are a young team growing up... Orlando and Boston will be fighting for a spot too

NYKnicks15

Starter
no i didnt forget about da bulls...thats why the 8th is open for debate haha. you have to figure they will prolly lose Antonio Davis, they want to get rid of Eddy Curry. they havent resigned Tyson Chandler and mite not...a lot has to be shifted in that roster for them to make it again..

NYKnicks15

Starter
draftpicks_midjump_050720.jpg

it looks as though Lee will take the number 42 and Robinson the 9. nothing of importants here just really excited about our rookies this year. as though Sweetney could be traded aswell as Craw..we will still have a good young core with Butler, Frye, Robinson, Lee, Q-Rich and Ariza. i know were not championship potential even WITH Larry Brown but i think were a step close after the draft/trade. :)