If the Season started today.

How many wins will the knicks win (on average)

• 20 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 wins

• 40 wins (a .500 team)

• 50 wins

• 60+

• Total voters

hoop115

Benchwarmer
i thought lee was supposed to be undersized. in that pic it looks like he's just as big as frye. i dunno if that's a good thing for lee or a bad thing for frye.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
The thing is you have to remember that Jerome James never got big minutes in Seattle. As the knicks work with him during training camp and preseason, He will be an above average center in the east. He has size. All he needs is a higher basketball IQ. He'll get better the more minutes he plays (sounds like Nazr Mohammed). All he has to do is post up, rebound and block a shot or two while staying out of foul trouble and he'll be a top 5 center in the east that easily.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
i think that pretty sums it up (the 1-8) except i think Boston mite not make the playoffs. nor do i think Indy will top Detroit. With the most likely departure of both Walker and Payton Boston loses key pieces...

i put indy at 2 b/c they get back all their players plus artest. david harrison played like a beast during summer leagues. danny granger is supposed to be the next "scottie pippen" + he was the most NBA ready and complete player in the draft. Harrison, O'Neal, Artest, Jackson, and Tinsley is as good a starting 5 as any.

NYKnicks15

Starter
your saying you think indiana will win the division over Detroit?
im pretty sure indiana does lose a player, cant remember his name...oh REGGIE MILLER?! i know he was aging but still how can u forget him?

Detroit loses nobody either? larry brown? but they still have the team plus Jason Maxiell

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I also agree Indiana will be better than Detroit and certainly Cleveland. Danny Granger will help the ritiring of Reggie Miller. And Artest is going to be back. That does more than make up the loss for Reggie Miller. If Tinsley is healthier this season they could end up with a better record than Detroit.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
depends on how the flip thing goes down in det....they might not respond to him and i could see indy beating them. they did two years ago when they were healthy.... btw in the pic, lee is standing closer to the camera than frye is.

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
I have a feeling that something is gonna go wrong this year.. Maybe Larry DOES sign but doesnt coach for a long few months due to his hip and bladder problems.. Or maybe Starbury tears an ACL and everythingg all falls down fer NY

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
Detroit is not going to be in third because Larry Brown is not there any more. Knicks ids going to take the place of Detroit if we get Larry Brown.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
the pistons are still a very good team..theyve learned alot from larry and i believe that even tho larrys no longer there they willl still be a threat

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
watch out for jersey...i think detroits reign is over..they are not even gonna make it to the eastern conference finals this year, they fall apart as the same ol team (ben wallaceis starting to deceline and gettting older, so is rasheed).

and dont forget indiana...with artest back, they are gonna be real tough.

im picking:

1. jersey - run and gun offense. rahim = nice pick up. kristic = hard working, improving young player. if the starters stay healthy, this is their year to win the east.
2. indiana (artest and oneal entering prime, lots of other good young players)
3. miami (shaqs getting older (worse) by the day and besides shaq/wade, miami doesnt have much going for them)
4. detroit - this overachieveing team in the past will lose its zeal and defensive identity

knicks: a mediocre team, as always. they will make the playoffs and lose in the 1st rd. they could be as high as 5 or as low as 8. 40 to 50 wins.

prediction: isiah gets AXED by the end of next season (well tahts actually just my hope, im not sure if it will actually happen) after another year of mediocrity and his failure to live up to his hype/promises to turn this team around

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
jersey will be this years version of last years phoenix suns.

and the suns are gonna deteriorate. if they decide to trade away marion (arguably their best player) to make room to sign amare, they will regret it DEEPLY. with the departre of Q, they only have one star 3 point shooter, Johnson. nash and marion are ok, not excellent. they will miss Q. suns will be worse this year. kurt thomas aint gonna do shit for them.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
q had a terrible 3 pt fg% tho, if they need a 3 id rather have marion or nash taking it... about detroit, theyll be better offensively cuz of flip and if they retain their D from larry they might be scary.

NYKnicks15

Starter
This comes from Bill Simmons of ESPN...

"""Hey, that reminds me – do you think Phoenix's brain trust was sitting around when the following exchange happened: –GM Bryan Colangelo: "God, Q sucked in that Spurs series, we gotta get rid of him."
–Coach Mike D'Antoni: "Come on, nobody wants a guy with a bad back who chokes in big spots?" –Colangelo: "Just for the hell of it, should I call Isiah and see if we get Kurt Thomas for Q and a No. 1?" (Colangelo and D'Antoni laugh hysterically for five seconds. Then they stop laughing.) –Colangelo (grabbing phone): "You call his office, I'll call his cell!""""

besides for proving that no matter what we do we get ridiculed, does this also prove that most sports writers are idiots?? (not true just baffled by these comments)...

are we supposed to believe the Pheonix made out in this deal??? we traded our aging 6th power forward and some 2nd round forward (Dijon Thompson) FOR a several years younger athletic swingman in Quentin Richardson and a first round point guard future superstar in Nate Robinson AND WE Pheonix made out in this deal???!?!?! tell me this is ridiculous so i know im not going crazy here...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i remember that article, he wrote it way before nate proved himself in the summer leagues (as much as that is possible). he wrote the same thing about the nazr mohammed trade. anyway, i think we got the better of the deal with nate, straightup kurt for q they might have got a better deal but the 2 of them together have a brighter future. kurt will help them for a few years but hopefully well keep nate and maybe q for a while....

i actually like bill simmons but its true, we have stupid management.