This can't be our lineup!!!!!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I'm still waiting for a cohesive looking lineup. We don't have what it takes to make the playoffs. We have no PF at this point. Frye is physically challenged at this point in his career. There has to be a trade brewing. And Isiah... get a coach now. Stop this degrading process of waiting for Larry Brown. And get Herb out of here. He doen't have the respect of his players at this point. Make a deal for Stan Van Gundy or a viable coach. Don't degrade Herb by hiring him for one year. That's inhumane treatment of a coach. And please trade Marbury and get another big body in here or, is Jackie Butler going to fit the role?

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
Starting PG will be Marbury.

I'm not sure who will be our starting SG. Crawford should start SG.

Richardson should start SF.

Malik Rose should start PF.

Frye is starting C.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
u should just stop right now....please

jerome james is our center
Frye our pf
Timmy our sf
richardson our sg
steph our pg

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i would go with a mix of off. and def. players:

marbury-
richardson- our main offense
thomas-
rose-
james- defensive big men

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Why would we have Malik rose as our starting pf? No one mentioned Sweetney. If he can stay out of foul trouble, he'll put up decent numbers. There's certain types of players he can't guard. Outside shooting pf's and quick pf's. We'll use frye against them. No one has mentioned how sweetney did an above average job of guarding shaq. He can body people up and he's quicker than he looks.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
rose's size is a problem, if he was 6'10/11, i would definitely start him for his hard nose defense and rebounding. i am wondering if ariza is mentally ready to start, because skillwise, i think he has the ability to start. as for the 4, i guess sweetney could continue to start because he is working on his weight and still continues to improve his post game. he gets to the line often which we need

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
nycefnl said:
And get Herb out of here. He doen't have the respect of his players at this point

o man, i would love to see some proof of this (an article or something), but from watching the knicks this entire year i have yet to see any of the players comment on the way Herb coaches the team.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
The reason Herb is a coach is because of the respect he gets from his players. The players recognize his experience, as one of them, in this league. Herb is new to HEADcoaching, but he isn't dumb. Herb has been around and seen it all.

portega1968

El Cacique
If Larry comes to coach the Knicks and not withstanding further trades, various things will influence the starting lineup.

If Malik isn't waived, I'm pretty sure Larry will start Malik for his defense (although I'd prefer Knicks waive Rose's 4 years instead of Allan's 2 years). Rose is Brown's type of player.

Frye has 3 things against him starting: he's not ready, he's not a true center like James and Brown doesn't like to start rookies. I'm hoping Larry and staff can put some Rasheed in this kid or he'll be a goner in less than 2 seasons.

Larry's gonna fall in love with the hustle of Nate, Ariza and Lee. These kids are gonna benefit big time if Larry has them for more than 3 years. Wouldn't be surprised to see Nate or Ariza start sometime this season if injuries were to hit us.

Q will start without a doubt.

Larry will go with Timmy over Jamal in the starting lineup, you can take that to the bank.

Sweets and Jamal are trade bait. They are young and have upside, but not with Larry Brown. I repeat, they should be packaged for Dalembert or Chandler in a 3way, 4way, whatever...

Timmy and Penny will land us the missing pieces before the feb. trade deadline.

BTW, wouldn't surprise me to see Isiah go after Chris Webber for cheap after Philly waives him using the amnesty clause. That guy is owed OUCH $60 mil.

I'm hoping Phoenix signs Joe Johnson so we'll have a crack at getting Marion for TT in feb.

Penny will be going to a lottery-bound team looking to go under the cap when feb. comes around.

I would love to see us end the season strong with a starting 5 featuring Steph, Q, Marion, Chandler and Dalembert, with the ability to go fast and younger with Nate and Ariza on the court and experienced and tougher in the middle with Rose and James.

Lee, Frye and Mo will be ready and waiting. Allan, if not waived, may see some spot duty. Butler should be given another year at the NBA D-League, and at 21, will be much stronger next year. Penny will get a JD in IR by the time he's gone. Webber or Finley fills it out.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"Frye has 3 things against him starting: he's not ready, he's not a true center like James and Brown doesn't like to start rookies. I'm hoping Larry and staff can put some Rasheed in this kid or he'll be a goner in less than 2 seasons"

Thats y u put him at the 4........he is quick, hustles and has shooting range.....

also i would LOVE for larry to start him now......he already began to ruin darko's carear i dont wanna see fryes or n e other rookies carear end neither

even tho darko is much younger......he has skills

but we can guerentee not to see jackie butler this year

portega1968

El Cacique
You think Frye has any chance of getting the nod from Larry, or Herb Williams for that matter, at the PF spot over Sweets, Rose or Taylor? You got to be kidding. That spot may even go to Timmy, whatever.

Fact remains: Frye is not ready and it would hurt his development, plain and simple.

NYKnicks15

Starter
if the roster remains the same (which i believe it wont) youll see...

C Jerome James
F Mike Sweetney
F Tim Thomas or Trevor Ariza
G Quentin Richardson
G Stephon Marbury

theres this thing called a bench guys! Frye at the 4 would make how many ACTUAL centers for backup for James...hmm 1 JACKIE BUTLER! And if you havent notices James has started many games but hasnt got many minutes. he needs backup and thats frye.

I'd agree that Sweetney & Ariza will start. After taking over for Carlisle, Brown started Tayshaun, giving him 30+ min a game. With Ariza in the lineup, he'll need someone to help out the half court offense, and Rose can't do that, hence Sweetney will start as well. You can't have Rose, Ariza & James out there at the same time for too long, because the offense would suffer greatly. I think with Frye's inconsistent summer, Rose will be the backup center as well.

timnakhla

Rookie
I think Larry will try all kinds of different combinations for the back court and front court depending on the match-ups/team chimestry, and to say otherwise is premature. the line up will differ depending on the situation, sometimes you'll see stephan running the point with Q at SG (Jamal back up), others u'll see nate running the point w/ Steph at SG and either Q/Ariza or timmy at SF. timmy will play the 3 or 4 depending on the pace of the game. I also thing that the JYD will get a lot of mins for his defense/hustle...the center position will be between james/sweetny/rose and fry depending if they wanna go small or big, half court or full court...bottom line it ALL depends...