Marbury trade for Livingston and Wilcox

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Larry Brown Needs some coachable players and he can start by dealing Marbury. And it's obvious that his teammates don't like him. And that's not healthy for a point guard. I think we should hold on to Tim Thomas because he's in his contract year and will be extra motivated to play well. We should on the other had cut both Houston and Hardaway and eat their contracts. Dealing fat-man Sweetney would be a plus while retaining the three veteran forwards we have (no one will want them at those salaries) for the tutors and toughness we need. If I were Dolan I'd just cut the 3 veterans or trade them for future picks.

Marbury

for

Shaun Livingston
Chris Wilcox

Livingston would give us a young, pass first, love to play D-fense 6'8" point guard that can also play defense on SF's. Wilcox is a guy who's had some recent legal trouble whom the Clippers may want to deal. Wilcox is a POWERFUL power foward that plays like K-Mart, strong. He may be in the league of a Stromile Swift.

Some Notes:

Wilcox scored 21 against the Spurs this year, 21 pts and 9 rb against the Knicks, 24 pts 9 rbs against the pistons. He's 6'10, 240 lbs age 23.

Shaun Livingston, straight out of high school in his first year at the age of 19, 6'8" 190 lbs. In his first and only year in the NBA the kid had 18 pts and 7 assists against the Spurs, had 11 assists and 2 pts (pass first mentality) against the Suns, had 11 assist and 2 pts in 25 mintes against the bucks. Stats don't say enough about this kid. He is a GREAT passer.

Remember these highlights are not too shabby for kidds and show that they have promise.

15 - man roster:

PG Shaun Livingston / N. Robingson / J. Jackson
SG Jamal Crawford / Ariza
SF Quentin Richardson / Thomas / Lee
PF Chris Wilcox / Taylor/ Williams / Rose
C Jerome James / Frye / Butler

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i dont think that trade can work because of the salaries. and shaun livingston is fighting some serious shoulder problem. and i dont agree with the starting line up if we were to get wilcox and livingston. i think it would be better if it was

PG Livingston
SG Richardson
SF Ariza
PF Wilcox
C James

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
not a bad idea imo......

but i would like to have ariza on the bench 4 1 more year before i would start him.......he is a great player but once he has his shooting down he will be even better

NYKnicks15

Starter
wouldnt work salary wise nor logically!! why thy hell would you do a trade like that...for Shaun Livingston and Chris Wilcox?!?

and how do you know his teammates dont like Steph? there were only two fights reported this season Stephon and Kurt...aswell as Penny and Tim...im pretty sure Kurt is gone and half the rest of the roster our either rookies, new to the team or scrubs who we shouldnt care about..

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Trade would check out.

PG Shaun Livingston / N. Robingson / J. Jackson
SG Jamal Crawford / Ariza
SF Quentin Richardson / Thomas / Lee
PF Chris Wilcox / Taylor/ Williams / Rose

Let me explain the line-up. Livingston is a lengthy point guard at 6'8" who's only going to get bigger and better. What you want is for him to guard the opponents SF while Q guards the SG and Crawford guards the PG with Nate backing him up. In all actuality, Crawford and Q will be splitting the SG poisiton. To me the 2 and 3 spots should be rotated with Q, Craw, and Ariza. I do yield to your liking of Ariza. He has great potential. And you touched on the importance for him to be able to hit his shots from the outside. Imagine having Nate, Crawford, Ariza, Wilcox and Frye on the floor at the same time running the floor. You guys make perfect sense. They should rid themselves of Tim Thomas so Ariza can get more minutes. And they don't need Jermaine Jackson in there because Crawford can run the point as well. Lakers are looking to trade Brian Grant. They need some vets. Perhaps they'll want to take Rose and Williams for grant. It makes sense for us but I don't know if that's something the Lakers want to do.

Revised Line up:

PG Shaun Livingston / N. Robingson
SG Jamal Crawford
SF Quentin Richardson / Ariza / Lee
PF Chris Wilcox / Taylor / B Grant

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
wouldnt work salary wise nor logically!! why thy hell would you do a trade like that...for Shaun Livingston and Chris Wilcox?!?

and how do you know his teammates dont like Steph? there were only two fights reported this season Stephon and Kurt...aswell as Penny and Tim...im pretty sure Kurt is gone and half the rest of the roster our either rookies, new to the team or scrubs who we shouldnt care about..

"logically"? For one, my logic tells me Marbury is 28 and has sat out some practices because of soreness in his knees. Two, I remember a player called Alan "H" something... can't remember, but he had similar simptons and I don't think it turned out well. Three, I watched Aurjo, or whatever his name is abuse Marbury in the Olympics. Four, I know that when your PG leads in scoring you don't win championships. If you haven't already won any with him you ain't about to. Five, I've read Stoudalmire and Garnetts assements of playing with Marbury as opposed to Nash. Six, I've seen him struggle severily against Jason Kid in the play-offs last year. Seven, I've seen Livingston play and he is an amazing pass first point guard that the knicks need with all the scorers and potential that they now have on their roster. Finnally, he's going to make like 20 million for the next three years...more than Duncan makes. Do you think he merits that?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
instead of trading for livingston and wilcox, maybe they would give up brand. if they were to trade marbury for brand, i guess it could look this:

PG Robinson
SG Richardson
SF Thomas
PF Brand
C James

either crawford or robinson could start

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
"logically"? For one, my logic tells me Marbury is 28 and has sat out some practices because of soreness in his knees. Two, I remember a player called Alan "H" something...

His last name is Houston.

Trin_Starr

Starter
wow! now that's an excellent trade.

You should send your resume to James Dolan.
Let me save you some time - here's the address

Mr. Dolan
Four Penn Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10021
Telephone 212 465-6106
Fax 212 465-6568

The knicks need a GM with your style of thinking.
Oh wait a minute - They did
and his name was Layden! lol

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
the brand and marbury deal would work i put it in real gm and they have the same amount of years but brand is 10 mil cheaper.

the wilcox livingston trade would work as well

thats if the clips would be willing to take a salary hit for the best pg in the league as stated by steph

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
if you think the clippers cheapass GM would take on marburys contract for 3 or however many years you have to be joking. the way the clippers work is they draft great players but never pay up and they end up leaving (see Q, Dmiles, bobby simmons, etc.) and wats with these unfounded trade rumor posts?

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Laugh now! But I'm never wrong on player assements. Mark my words Livingston will be known the best point guard in the NBA (throw back pass first) in 3-5 years. I'd advise you guys to watch him play. And about being Scott Layden...I never wanted to sign Alan Houston... that same year Sprewell was going to be a free agent and I wanted him instead. And signing Charlie Ward to a new contract was absolutely crazy. He's a CBA player and that's it. I never liked McDyss. I always thought He was not a franchise player. You probably agreed with all of these moves :rolling: