Trade Crawford of Keep Crawford?

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Jamal Crawford. Trader? Keeper? Jamal has that "take over the game" potential as we've seen on several occasions. He needs to improve his shot selection no doubt. Can Jamal improve his defense? Can Jamal bulk up? If he fails to improve the way NY needs him to, we can trade him. He's a young sg/pg w/ great potential. I'd rather keep Jamal, and Sweetney. I'd rather lose "Stephanie Marbury".

ny3nyk

Rotation player
keep crawford, we signed him to 6 years because we saw things in him, he will definitly work out and work on his game like his passing and his point guard skills

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
MANNN how could u guys even think about trading starbury?!?! He lead our team in assists, steals, and points. I say we keep both crawford and marbury Marbury plays point, Crawford at the 2, Q playing 3, Tim thomas could play the 4, and james at the 5.. A small quick, 3 point shooting lineup. Stephanie Marbury I dono how u could call ureself a knicks fan

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
the reason he led in assists is because of 1 person.. kurt thomas.....he had at least 6 assists a game from him alone off pick and rolls

and ariza led in steals per 48 minutes.....he just didnt play enough....

reason marbury scores the most cuz he was 2nd in the league in total minutes and he is a ball hog....

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
We should keep Crawoford he is the only SG that does good on that team. Houston haven't play 3/4 of the 2004-2005 season. Hardaway has ankle problems. So who else is going to play the SG position? I know you are think that we have Richardson now, we don't need Crawford. Bot we do need Crawford. We need a secondary SG. Houston and Hardaway is not our secondary SG. They don't even play most of the season.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
well one scenerio people having been messing around with is the idea of sliding Marbury over to the 2, and Nate and pg... personally i dont think that sounds too bad

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Marbury is too short to defend a lot of shooting guards. We would have the shortest backcourt in the NBA. We have to have marbury as the pg and a 6'5" shooting guard at least. A question i ask myself is who is more capable of defending 2guards: Marbury or Crawford? The answer is none of the above. Go with Q-rich at sg, TT at sf, and marbury at pg. That's the best immediate 1,2, and 3 combination until ariza proves hes better than tim thomas.

Sweeets50

Rookie
we MUST keep Crawford, he has the potential to be an all-star within the next couple of years, if its at the 1 or 2 idk. he will become our go-to scorer once he starts takin it to the bucket instead of settling for jumpers. he is light but not too undersized bcuz the average sg is 6'6". Larry Hughes (also 6'5" and 5 lbs lighter)Hughes/Crawford Head-to-Head Comparison had to make the same transition coming into the league, lyk craw, 8th overall as a pg. I'd rather see Marbs go but i'm not saying we should.

CRAWFORD HAS TO LEARN TO SNAG SOME BOARDS

NYKnicks15

Starter
not everyone wants one of our 5 power forwards...Rose, Taylor, Williams, Sweetney, Lee

the only two that are maybe desirable is Sweetney and Lee and their contracts are so cheap you would have to stick them on to a deal to make it cap wise...

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
isiah has a monstrous ego. hes not gonna trade crawford because he just got him last year. that would be like admitting that he made a mistake. he wont do that.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
why does everyone keep saying we need a PF??

weve got sweetney. lets get him 30+ minutes this season, see what he can do, juice up his trade value, and then either trade him or keep him around. i dont think that we are bad at the 4 position at all...weve goot depth. sweetney as a starter could probably put up like 13 points and 9 boards (maybe better, hes a good offensive rebounder), which is similar to what kurt thomas was putting up.

nyk33334 said:
Jamal Crawford. Trader? Keeper? Jamal has that "take over the game" potential as we've seen on several occasions. He needs to improve his shot selection no doubt. Can Jamal improve his defense? Can Jamal bulk up? If he fails to improve the way NY needs him to, we can trade him. He's a young sg/pg w/ great potential. I'd rather keep Jamal, and Sweetney. I'd rather lose "Stephanie Marbury".

Crawford is a very good guard off the bench. He actually does not have an outrageous contract by NBA standards and I thought he did improve in shot selection, which is the area he needed to improve the most. His D is still questionable but I love Roninson and Crawford as our guards off the bench.

a knick fan said:
why does everyone keep saying we need a PF??

weve got sweetney. lets get him 30+ minutes this season, see what he can do, juice up his trade value, and then either trade him or keep him around. i dont think that we are bad at the 4 position at all...weve goot depth. sweetney as a starter could probably put up like 13 points and 9 boards (maybe better, hes a good offensive rebounder), which is similar to what kurt thomas was putting up.

Sorry bro, but I see a guy who is not in good enough shape to log minutes like that...

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah he still needs some time to prove himself, hes proven that he can make great plays. he needs to step up the D and intensity. if we package him with a pf for a superstar PF i wouldnt be opposed tho.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
sweetney is only good in the low post and rebounding.......he can defend or block shots witch is wut we need.......

sweetney will be a good bench pf but he is no help for us

frye will get the starting job wheter u guys like it or not