Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nate Robinson

• Jamal Crawford

• Total voters

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
According to the NY Post, while playing for Brown in the Olympics, Brown told Marbury that "he was acting like he was affraid to shoot the ball and the he should take more shots!" Brown also said, according to Marbury " If I ever coach you, I'll move you to two gaurd." Those are the facts according to NY Post. Now for what really matters, my oppinion. lol
Marbury is a shooter. He's quick and he loves to dash to the whole. If a point gaurd can make 31 point on a semi consistant basis, in most cases he shouldn't be a point gaurd. Magic's the only exception that I can think of. *** Remember this is the same thing Larry Brown did with A.I.***
I beleive this will turn out great! Here's how it will look.
New York Knicks [curent] Starting line up.
C Jerome James
PF Mike Sweetney (this guy should not be starting)
SF Quenton Richardson
SG Stephon Marbury
PG Jamal Crawford
Problem: No real bench!
As far as I can see Sweetney is the only week link. He's a very good back up. Not a starter.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
then where doese tim thomas go...on the bench?

and Q wants to play his natural position not sf.....

the starting lineup is fine how it is exept at the 4

portega1968

El Cacique
Our backcourt is nice whichever way Larry goes. Steph and Q, Jamal and Steph (SG), Nate and Steph, etc.

What we need is an upgrade upfront. Sweets just doesn't cut it. Most of his boards are from his own missed shots. Need someone taller at stronger on D.

As far as our bench goes, I think it looks great. Nate, Jamal, Ariza, Lee and Rose all bring goods. I can't understand how someone can criticize our bench. The hole is upfront.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
thats not true that sweetney cant be a starter. in terms of offense and rebounding, he will be fine. he can score 10 to 15 points and get 7 to 10 rebs a game. the problem is that hes not very athletic and gets burned by quicker opponents, such as kenyon martin or kevin garnett. thats why he ends up in foul trouble so often. i think he can overcome his lack of athleticism by becomming savvy and using what hes got (size/strength) and pushing guys around and being a little more phyisical and learning what kinds of fouls he can get away with that the refs wont call. im really looking forward to what sweets does if he gets the starting job and decent mins. i think he will live up to my expectations.

at least hes not a guy who requires the ball. mo taylor is yet another offensive minded guy to go along with marbs craw and qrich, that wouldnt be a good combo. he shouldnt play the 4 as a starter. sweetney will get a lot of offensive rebounds when those guys miss their chuck shots, he will fit in well with those guys. he will get a lot of put backs and garbage points.

portega1968

El Cacique
I'd rather start Rose and bring Sweets off the bench.

I had Sweets on my fantasy team last year. I think he got to start a couple of games. He would put up some nice numbers in one game and then stink up two or three games playing more than 25 mins and putting up like 5 points and two boards. I eventually waived him in favor of Troy Murphy.

I insist that a backcourt of Steph and Nate, although very small, may be unstoppable. Nate plays D and rebounds nicely for a guard. So I'd like to see them together for at least 15 mins a game.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I think he can start, but I don't think he's starting material just b/c of his height. I think him being a back up is an excellent idea, someone posted before we need more deph on the bench, and that would be it. I don't think he should start, not saying he can't, b/c he definatley has the talent to and can, I just think he's better off....

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
a knick fan said:
thats not true that sweetney cant be a starter. in terms of offense and rebounding, he will be fine. he can score 10 to 15 points and get 7 to 10 rebs a game. the problem is that hes not very athletic and gets burned by quicker opponents, such as kenyon martin or kevin garnett. thats why he ends up in foul trouble so often. i think he can overcome his lack of athleticism by becomming savvy and using what hes got (size/strength) and pushing guys around and being a little more phyisical and learning what kinds of fouls he can get away with that the refs wont call......

Sweetney had his share of highlights last year. remeber how many times it looked like he would lose controll of the ball, but he simply improvised w/ some fakes and eventually finished w/ a klean layup? I always hear the announcers talking about how sweetney has good strong firm hands. Mike Sweetney seems like an alright pf. he's a quiet guy. He's been taking his weight problem seriously, and its beginning to show. He's still young. Hopefully Brown pressures him into getting in shape.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"When Brown was ushered in as Knicks coach last week, he indicated he'd like to see Jamal Crawford bringing the ball up more, thereby freeing Marbury for other duties. Fine, Marbury claimed. "

looks like marbury could go to the 2 craw at the 1 and q rich benched.....

i still dont like it and i dont think richardson will be 2 happy either