What Would It Take???

How can we get Ron Artest to return home to NY??
what would it take, who would you be willing to let go?
id like to see everybodys feedback on this one
Larry Brown - Defense Minded coach
Ron Artest - Defensive Player of the Year (2004)

hoop115

Benchwarmer
i don't think Brown would be able to coach Artest. In an interview he said that the events that happened between the Pistons & Pacers was the most horrific and disgusting thing he has ever witnessed and was a trajedy for the NBA. The fact that Artest was right in the middle of the whole thing probably won't make him one of Brown's most desired players to obtain. We already have a player that Brown does not want to coach in Steph. I don't think he would want another.

"There is no question that the Knicks want Brown, so the decision seems to be his alone. In recent days, he has cleared away one obstacle after another. His health is not an issue. His family is coming aboard. Stephon Marbury is not a concern, despite a turbulent Olympic relationship. Marbury last week strongly endorsed the hiring."

"I'm not concerned about my relationship with players. If I'm fair and decent, it will work out," Brown said.

I don't think Step is going to be a big problem, i still say look at what brown did with AI

thwax

Benchwarmer
Just remember guys... Steph would be a fool not to endorse LB... the whole of NYC want Larry to come and coach, Isaih and Dolan want him bad... if Steph has or voiced a problem, i think they would rather have LB than Steph... if you could pick only one... i'd take Larry and trade Steph for a great (not good) PF who plays D

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
ai and chauncey were bigger ballhogs and shooters before LB than steph is now. plus they had their olympic experience so its not the very first time hes playing for him.

timnakhla

Rookie
ny3nyk said:
to get artest, the most i am willing to give is crawford and lee
[font=Tim[size=12] [/size ]es New Roman] [/font]

I would give up anyone on the team (except for Marbury) to get Ron here, although I know Indiana knows his value and are not shopping him..but if they do, I think the only way we can get him is by picken up some of their bad contracts and give'em jamal and penny's contract to make it worth their while.

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't see anything we can offer Indiana right now for Artest. Larry Bird knows a keeper when he sees one, and he isn't letting go a guy that does everything on the floor.

Let's thank Layden for picking Frederic over Ron, one of the dumbest moves in Knicks history. Now that's a topic!!!

timnakhla

Rookie
Jamal Crawford = 6.5MM
Tim Thomas (Expiring contract) = 14MM
Cash = 600K
For:
Ron Artest = 6.1MM
Reggie Miller remaining contract = 6.1MM
Austin Crohere (Bad Contract) = 8.9MM

That would be a fare deal in my opinion. NY needs someone like Ron..

portega1968

El Cacique
Indiana has Jamal Tinsley, Fred Jones, etc. and now will get Sarunas Jasikevicius (3 straight EuroLeague titles with Maccabi Tel Aviv including MVP honors and schooled Marbury in the Olympics).

Larry Bird isn't gonna give up on a keeper like Artest for another guard, even if you take Croshere off their books.

I'd say picks, Frye, Lee, TT and Penny for taking Austin, Bender and Reggie off their books, if and only if Artest pulls some more ugly offcourt crap that tires the Pacers. But then again, what are the chances of Isiah and Larry Bird sitting down for that deal, even if Donnie Walsh is tight with IT and Larry Brown. And, would ya'll give up that much for Artest the Menace?

James
Sweets
Artest
QRich
Steph

backed by Nate, Jamal, Ariza, Houston, Rose, Taylor, Butler, Bender and Croshere

Not good enough, still need a better center and I would hate to giveup Lee.

NYKnicks15

Starter
think artest is a great player but NOT worth the baggage nor worth Lee, Frye and TT all in one swoop for a bunch of scrubs and an idiot in Artest. Larry wouldnt put up with him, and i dont want the big stories overshadowing Larry as coach, the chance the knicks can be good and be a playoff team WITH Artest breaks down and pulls down an opposing players pants or paints his face and punches a fan. dont want him.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Not a wise thing to even consider. People it is clear to me that Tim Thomas is our SF for this year. Be patient guys. We aren't winning anything this year. Let's just allow TT to play for the money. He's going to be extra motivated this "last year of his contract". Let's keep Hardaway because he's in the same situation. Ariza is similar to Artest. Let's stick with him. Getting artest would further complicate this team.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea theyre pretty loaded at the point unless some1 leaves as a FA. id do it tho - artest is younger, more or less healther and is a lockdown defender who can score. but i doubt indy would do it, especially with bird isiah relations.