Will Larry pull an Allan Houston?

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Allan showed up, and impressed alot of people. We gave Allan a HUGE contract. $100+ mil? How long has is been since we last cheered for him? What is his contribution as a benchwarmer? He's just milking NY for all its got. Not just Allan, but THE WHOLE TEAM. Is it me, or is almost everyone in NYK overpaid? How does this relate to Larry Brown's situation? JDolan is willing to make LarryBrown the highest paid coach in NBA history. Is Larry going to milk NY too? Will Larry do what it takes to impress NY, and then all of a sudden fall off? How do other teams get by w/o spending billions on it players? Why is it so difficult for NYK to save up money and stay below the sal-cap? Is Steph as good as his paycheck? Is Penny? Is Allan? Hopefully Larry will not scam us.

Allan did a great job in NY. Its time for him to go. I hope he either agrees to retire, or he pulls a Grant Hill. I don't hate him. It's just the technical paper work and etc that's hurting us.

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Well, first off. No professional athlete is worthy of there paycheck. But the Knicks do overpay their players and it is the main problem we suffer. I want Larry Brown to come here (and he will), but he will be overpaid. Thats just how its done here in NY.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah...main way we attract free agents is money. since we rarely have good teams to play for. same with larry. i think he has too much pride to slack off tho.

akkuma

Rookie
he cant pull and allan houston because he will be there all season. allan promised us to be back at the allstar break, then by end of season and even now is still not ready to play an nba game!

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
Well, first off. No professional athlete is worthy of there paycheck. But the Knicks do overpay their players and it is the main problem we suffer. I want Larry Brown to come here (and he will), but he will be overpaid. Thats just how its done here in NY.

Thats just how its done here in NY.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i personally dont care how much the knicks pay larry. it doesnt affect the payroll. its just comming outta dolans pockets, not mine. if giving him more money means he will be more enticed to come here, then im all for it.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Comparing the Allan Houston's ridiculous situation to Larry Brown is ludicrous. Larry Brown is the best coach in the NBA right now. He took a Pistons team with no superstars to the finals twice and won the championship as well. Lets also remember he also beat the unstoppable Lakers. He figured out how to negate Shaq and Kobe. He also turned numerous players such as Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton into amazing players. He has had success everywhere he has been.

Allan Houston has never been the best as his job, Never. There has always been Shooting guards in the NBA better than Allan, some would say he has never even been top 5 in the league. He had one great year strung together with a bunch of good years. HE could NEVER be a franchise player like AI or T-MAC. So Why would we pay someone who is not the best at his position the most money?......Scott Layden...thats why.

Larry Brown if he comes to NY, will make everyone better. He can do for Ariza the same thing he did for Tayshaun. If Marbury abides by his philosophy, to go with his amazing skills, he could be the best PG in the NBA.

Larry Brown is a NBA genius and I would LOVE him in NY.

portega1968

El Cacique
Sweets 50, you hit the spot. We should waive someone else with the amnesty clause and let Allan prove he can comeback. I'm pretty sure if he realizes he can't comeback, he will retire and thus let insurance take care of his money. He owes us and his golf buddy Dolan at least that much. Rose would be my choice, but I suspect Rose is one of the few players Larry wants to keep on our roster for his D. So I'm hoping we pull of a nice deal for a better center using Jamal and Sweets as bait and thus waive whatever crappy deal we take back.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
allen will not retire if he reamains with the knicks he will be getting close to like 40 million dollars

would u retire if u were to lose 40 milliion dollars...i dont think u would

Trin_Starr

Starter
I don't think the knicks are gonna cut Houston.

Here are the 3 options:
1. Cut him from the team - but will still pay $40mil over 2 seasons. = $40mil
2. Leave on the team til his contract runs out = $40mil + $40mil taxes = $80mil.
3. Keep on the team for a year and trade him in his last year of contract like what was done with ewing. = $20mil for a season + $20mil taxes = $40mil

Out of the 3 options, #1 and #3 are the least expensive, but #3 is better because at least we have him playing instead of cutting him, and paying him to go another team.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
1. Who would we be able to trade Allan Houston for?(option3^^^previous post)

2. What changes will Larry Brown make to the team?(coaches & players)

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
2 of his assistants in detroit were released and im assuming hes trying to keep herb as an assistant. if we hire his det buddies some of our current assistants have to go.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i truly like herb but i dont want larry to coach

i would love to see herb stay as an assistant to larry brown and learn from one of if not the best coach in nba history

herb noes alot about the game already....but with him being an assitant to one of the great.....1nce larry leaves....we will have another great coach to replace him in herb williams