Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DECENT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NYKnicks15

Starter
ISIAH THOMAS
AS GENERAL MANAGER

A sports analyst (a lame one by the way) said something that actually made me laugh about Isiah Thomas...

"There is no I in team...but there is two in Isiah and two in idiot"

haha i was rolling, but the sad thing is i like Isiah Thomas as our general manager...

now I know everyone says he should have done this, should have done that. but lets face it he inherited a horrible problem and personally I think he made some of the best choices possible...now I know everyone will say he should have dumped the cap BUT how could he of done that. its nice to say that but tell me who would take Allan Houstons contract? who would we of dumped the cap too? and i know youll say well maybe we couldnt have done that BUT we should of done this trade (and come up with a trade for some good players that fit the salary...dont lie i do it too). but heres the thing, this is not NBA LIVE 2004. you cant give three scrubs with a 58 rating to a team for an allstar with a 92 rating!! haha it just wont work. IT HAS TO WORK FOR BOTH TEAMS (or ALL teams involved for that matter)...

so in this i want to show his moves since being GM and tell me...eyyy WHY ARE WE STILL RAGGING ON THIS MAN?!!?!

He has WAIVED...
C Slavko Vranes, F John Amaechi & F Shandon Anderson
...any big losses?

He has TRADED...
C Michael Doleac, C Nazr Mohammed, C Dikembe Mutumbo, C Cezary Trybanski, F Othella Harrington, F Keith Van Horn, F Kurt Thomas, F Dijon Thompson F Clarence Weatherspoon, F Antonio McDyess, F Maciej Lampe, F Vin Baker, G Moochie Norris, G Howard Eisley, G Charlie Ward, G Jamison Brewer, G Frank Williams, the draft rights to G Milos Vujanic, 2004 1st Round Pick, a conditional 1st Round Pick, 2005 2nd Round Pick & a 06 2nd Round Pick
...do I wish we had some of those players still? of course. I would love to have Nazr & Van Horn as a back up Center and PF, I would love to have Dikembe..in his prime, I would love to have McDyess when he could walk, i JUST dont see these "losses" as horrible when we got this--->

He has SIGNED, DRAFTED, or TRADED FOR...
C Channing Frye, C Jackie Butler, C Jerome James, C Bruno Sundov, F Maurice Taylor, F Malik Rose, F David Lee, F Jerome Williams, F Tim Thomas, F Trevor Ariza, G DerMarr Johnson, G Jermaine Jackson, G Stephon Marbury, G Anfernee Hardaway, G Nate Robinson, G Jamal Crawford & G Quentin Richardson aswell as a 1st Round Pick in 06
...we have two large inspiring contracts to play with, a superstar guard at the point, we have two young bright shooting guards, we got 4 incredible draft talents, im loving the pick ups with minor exception..

He has FIRED...
Don Chaney, Brendan Malone & Lon Kruger

He has HIRED...
Lenny Wilkens (Wilkens Resigns), Mark Aguirre, Dick Helm ASWELL as HIRED Larry Brown as Head Coach of Knicks (offical tomorrow guaranteed)
...we have Larry Brown as our head coach, enough said!

honestly even if you're a horrible pessimist, you have to tell me the roster of

2005-2006 (so far)
Coach:: Larry Brown
C Jerome James/Channing Frye/Jackie Butler
PF Mike Sweetney/Malik Rose/David Lee/Jerome Williams/Maurice Taylor
SF Tim Thomas/Trevor Ariza
SG Quentin Richardson/Jamal Crawford/Penny Hardaway/Allan Houston
PG Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson

is ALOT better than the roster of

2003-2004
Coach:: Don Chaney
C Dikembe Mutumbo/Michael Doleac/Slavko Vranes
PF Kurt Thomas/Mike Sweetney/Othella Harrington/Maciej Lampe/Antonio Mcdyess
SF Keith Van Horn/Shandon Anderson/Clarence Weatherspoon
SG Allan Houston
PG Howard Eisley/Charlie Ward/Frank Williams

i know its all about winning in the future and cap space etc etc. but look at the change, look at the youth, look at the names, and HONESTLY tell me if what Isiah has done (in the 1 and a half seasons he has been here) that awful???

1s1ah

Rookie
If New York sticks with Isiah for the long haul he'll make them a winner. He knows basketball.

I don't see any other GM's names in the paper half as much as Zeke. He's constanly under media scutiny. But that's why he took on this challenge. He loves the spotlight and the against odds pressure situations. He's applying the tenacity he had on the court to the front office.

The teams he's had in place are not what he's looking for so that has resulted in a lot of moves. I believe he'll keep trading up until he has the right mix of talent. Until then he'll be tinkering with the team.

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
Only one person he should not have trade is Charlie Ward because Charlie can shoot ----3pointers----- better than Stephon MarburyAllen Houston, and Anfernee Hardaway.

I think Isiah Thomas is doing a good job as the GM of the Knicks. He traded good players to get better players. He let go Nazr Mohammad to draft Channing Frye. He traded Kurt Thomas to get Quetin Richardson.

RYDE OR DIE

BROOKLYN REPRESENT ALL DAY EVERY DAY

BROWNSVILLE & BED-STUY
WHERE U AT??

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I agree with IsIah, eventually Isiah Thomas will help us win. People say that Isiah has pumbled us below the salary cap, but he came into a horrible situation. Sure, he has added to the problem, but you can tell he is bringing talent over here and definetly has a passion for us to win. I have a lot of confidence in Isiah and what he will bring to us.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I'm the only person to vote great for isiah so far. Who else could've done a better job in the past year and a half than isiah? What would the team look like now if scott layden was still the gm? Isiah turned the knicks completely around from an old, underachieving, overpayed team to a young, developing, overpayed team. In a couple of years, they might finally be much closer to the salary cap. They're heading in the right direction and its a matter of time before we find out the potential of the knicks team. I wish it was november, or at least october.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
NYKnicks15 said:
Man that is the best post I have seen up here sence I've joined. And it's real. That is a hell of a resume for Isiah Thomas, and like you said he inharrited a problem team. People have got to see that. I aggree 100%

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
KnicksFan20 said:
Wait...........did someone just say that ward was a better 3point shooter then houston???

i dont know about that one, but ward was a great player, I really do wish he was still on the KNicks

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Everything Isiah has done so far seems to be part of a bigger plan. Trading for young guys and draft picks. Thats the way to mold a team. The only thing i dont like is signing a chucker like Jamal Crawford. The bulls got rid of him and look at them now!

thwax

Benchwarmer
In fairness to Isiah is that he came in building a team that had H2O as a key part... he didn't know that his 2-cent knees were going to play up this bad! So in fairness, he has had to change his plan because of this... i just hate our payroll!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah considering the mess he came into, he got us younger, more athletic, faster and much more exciting. sure he took on some bad contracts but that was part of the other deals (generally). in the long run hell make us great again, esp w larrry

1s1ah

Rookie
The thing that you Knicks fans have probably come to learn is that Isiah has a lot of distractors that are waiting to trash him at every turn. People who are still bitter with Isiah for agreeing with Rodman in 1987 when Dennis said that if Larry was white he'd be just another good player or for him leading the walk off against the Bulls in 1991.

Each one of those events has a back story that people don't stop to look into. Isiah was also the leader of the Bad Boys and fans outside of metro Detroit didn't like our brand basketball. They wanted Showtime in LA or the airiel manuevering of Michael in Chicago. Isiah led his team with the style they were best at, and winning was THE only thing. He's gonna bring that same win or die mentality to the Knicks. It's not just a job to Isiah, it's personal.

I like all the articles calling Isiah out for his moves, you know the ones laced with spite in the place of objectiveness. It means he's doing his thing and not letting public opinion sway his vision.

I got to admit I'm a bandwagon NY fan because Isiah is there. But, while he is I'll be rooting for the Knicks all the way. When the glory is restored I'll be as happy as ANY one of the lifelong Knicks die-hards it just won't be for the exact same reasons.

GO KNICKS!!!

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
What was Zeke's best move since joing the NYK organization? Getting Brown? Marbury? The 3 recent picks? Isiah did have a bad team to start with, and right now I feel that he's starting to get serious. My feelings have recently changed about Isiah. I used to think he was foolish, and old, and that it was to difficult for him to let go of the game. Isiah has experienced the basketball from almost every aspect. He's getting better. How much is Zeke getting paid anyway?

"...Head Coach of your New York Knicks....LARRY BROWN!!"

:hump: NewYork BASKETBALL! :hump:

NYKnicks15 said:
ISIAH THOMAS
AS GENERAL MANAGER

A sports analyst (a lame one by the way) said something that actually made me laugh about Isiah Thomas...

haha i was rolling, but the sad thing is i like Isiah Thomas as our general manager...

now I know everyone says he should have done this, should have done that. but lets face it he inherited a horrible problem and personally I think he made some of the best choices possible...now I know everyone will say he should have dumped the cap BUT how could he of done that. its nice to say that but tell me who would take Allan Houstons contract? who would we of dumped the cap too? and i know youll say well maybe we couldnt have done that BUT we should of done this trade (and come up with a trade for some good players that fit the salary...dont lie i do it too). but heres the thing, this is not NBA LIVE 2004. you cant give three scrubs with a 58 rating to a team for an allstar with a 92 rating!! haha it just wont work. IT HAS TO WORK FOR BOTH TEAMS (or ALL teams involved for that matter)...

so in this i want to show his moves since being GM and tell me...eyyy WHY ARE WE STILL RAGGING ON THIS MAN?!!?!

He has WAIVED...
C Slavko Vranes, F John Amaechi & F Shandon Anderson
...any big losses?

He has TRADED...
C Michael Doleac, C Nazr Mohammed, C Dikembe Mutumbo, C Cezary Trybanski, F Othella Harrington, F Keith Van Horn, F Kurt Thomas, F Dijon Thompson F Clarence Weatherspoon, F Antonio McDyess, F Maciej Lampe, F Vin Baker, G Moochie Norris, G Howard Eisley, G Charlie Ward, G Jamison Brewer, G Frank Williams, the draft rights to G Milos Vujanic, 2004 1st Round Pick, a conditional 1st Round Pick, 2005 2nd Round Pick & a 06 2nd Round Pick
...do I wish we had some of those players still? of course. I would love to have Nazr & Van Horn as a back up Center and PF, I would love to have Dikembe..in his prime, I would love to have McDyess when he could walk, i JUST dont see these "losses" as horrible when we got this--->

C Channing Frye, C Jackie Butler, C Jerome James, C Bruno Sundov, F Maurice Taylor, F Malik Rose, F David Lee, F Jerome Williams, F Tim Thomas, F Trevor Ariza, G DerMarr Johnson, G Jermaine Jackson, G Stephon Marbury, G Anfernee Hardaway, G Nate Robinson, G Jamal Crawford & G Quentin Richardson aswell as a 1st Round Pick in 06
...we have two large inspiring contracts to play with, a superstar guard at the point, we have two young bright shooting guards, we got 4 incredible draft talents, im loving the pick ups with minor exception..

He has FIRED...

He has HIRED...
Lenny Wilkens (Wilkens Resigns), Mark Aguirre, Dick Helm ASWELL as HIRED Larry Brown as Head Coach of Knicks (offical tomorrow guaranteed)

2005-2006 (so far)
PF Mike Sweetney/Malik Rose/David Lee/Jerome Williams/Maurice Taylor
SF Tim Thomas/Trevor Ariza
SG Quentin Richardson/Jamal Crawford/Penny Hardaway/Allan Houston
PG Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson

2003-2004
SG Allan Houston

i know its all about winning in the future and cap space etc etc. but look at the change, look at the youth, look at the names, and HONESTLY tell me if what Isiah has done (in the 1 and a half seasons he has been here) that awful???

This is an outstanding post with excellent perspective. I am very happy with Zeke and have confidence in him. Even though he has added questionable contracts, they are at least attached to players that are tradeable as they are not complete scrubs. And 2 years ago, they had no direction and were not even watcheable! The only thing I can not understand is where was all of this scrutiny on the previous Knick GMs who ran the organization into the ground?

portega1968

El Cacique
Nice words from Isiah to Herb, even said he hopes his kids grow up to be like Herb. Without a doubt, I'm sure we all look forward to the day Herb gets his shot after learning from the Great Teacher. This is really good karma for our team. VERY HAPPY!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
ISIAH THOMAS
AS GENERAL MANAGER

wp_it_sm.jpg

He has WAIVED...
C Slavko Vranes, F John Amaechi, F Jerome Williams & F Shandon Anderson
...any big losses?..Williams? but he wanted to retire

He has TRADED...
C Michael Doleac, C Nazr Mohammed, C Dikembe Mutumbo, C Cezary Trybanski, F Othella Harrington, F Mike Sweetney, F Tim Thomas, F Keith Van Horn, F Kurt Thomas, F Dijon Thompson F Clarence Weatherspoon, F Antonio McDyess, F Maciej Lampe, F Vin Baker, G Moochie Norris, G Howard Eisley, G Charlie Ward, G Jamison Brewer, G Jermaine Jackson, G Frank Williams, the draft rights to G Milos Vujanic, 2004 1st Round Pick, a conditional 1st Round Pick, 2005 2nd Round Pick & a 06 2nd Round Pick
...do I wish we had some of those players still? of course. I would love to have Nazr & Van Horn as a back up Center and PF, I would love to have Dikembe..in his prime, I would love to have McDyess when he could walk, Id love to keep Sweetney but his work ethic is poor and I have faith in Timmy but..i JUST dont see these "losses" as horrible when we got this--->

C Channing Frye, C Eddy Curry, C Jackie Butler, C Jerome James, C Bruno Sundov, F Maurice Taylor, F Antonio Davis, F Malik Rose, F David Lee, F Jerome Williams, F Tim Thomas, F Trevor Ariza, G DerMarr Johnson, G Jermaine Jackson, G Stephon Marbury, G Anfernee Hardaway, G Nate Robinson, G Jamal Crawford & G Quentin Richardson aswell as a 1st Round Pick in 06
...we have two large inspiring contracts to play with, a superstar guard at the point, we have two young bright shooting guards, we got 3 incredible draft talents, im loving the pick ups with minor exception..do i mind the Taylor trade? not so much we got a decent player for two scrubs and an expiring contract next season..do i mind the Rose trade? not at all, i like Nazr but a soon to be expriring contract and David Lee is fine by me..

He has FIRED...

He has HIRED...
Lenny Wilkens (Wilkens Resigns), Mark Aguirre (Cleveland), Dick Helm ASWELL as HIRED Larry Brown as Head Coach of Knicks

2005-2006 (so far)
PF Eddy Curry/Malik Rose/Maurice Taylor
SF Quentin Richardson/Trevor Ariza/David Lee
SG Jamal Crawford/Allan Houston
PG Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson/Penny Hardaway

2003-2004
SG Allan Houston

i know its all about winning in the future and cap space etc etc. but look at the change, look at the youth, look at the names, and HONESTLY tell me if what Isiah has done (in the 1 and a half seasons he has been here) that awful??? sure he inherrited a owner willing to spend, but also inherted a piece of crap team...im not an Isiah worshipper Im just an Isiah faithful...