The Official Welcome Larry Brown Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
NY Daily News:

The deal that will make Larry Brown the highest-paid coach in professional sports history and return the Knicks to respectability again will be finalized today.
According to multiple sources, Brown has agreed in principle to become the 22nd coach in franchise history and the Knicks' fourth in 19 months. A press conference to introduce Brown will be held no later than tomorrow at Madison Square Garden.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=3234

YEAAHHH!!! I've been dreaming for a long time at this moment and it still sounds too good to be true :D

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
THANK YOU GOD!!! THANK YOU :pray: :pray: :pray:

welcome Larry, please help us win something please!!
:thewave: :yourock: :thewave: :peace: :peace: :gony: :peace: :beer: :beer: :beer: :raise: :raise: :raise:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Yes, finally. We will be brought back to respectability.

The highest paid coach in sports history. Wow. We overpay everybody, lol.

But thank you Larry. :hoops: :hoops: :gony: :gony:

dacash

Benchwarmer
wow 10 to 12 mil a year,here hoping that he and steph co exist,all steph has to do is remember how miserable iverson was after lb left. im glad he spoke with herb williams,shows respect,im also happy that IT is letting him pick his staff,shows respect.any body else kinda giddy

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
defense is right! we alway's heard those chants as the team responded during the ewing era from pat riley to van g

Defense is back in NY

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
Finally, we got Larry Brown as the head coah of the Knicks.

We could be a championship team. We got a good coach and ok players.

Now our team is throll.

(Throlle means good)

RYDE OR DIE

BROOKLYN REPRESENT ALL DAY EVERY DAY

BROWNVILLE & BED-STUY
WHERE U AT??

thwax

Benchwarmer
GREAT! :p

Remember that Brown is a guy that likes to make trades... something Isaih is pretty fond of too... nobody is safe on this roster, NOBODY!

There's still a lot of trades to go done this year... at least Crawford or Marbury will be gone

NYKnicks15

Starter
now that larry is coach the rumor mill begins to run once again.
chad ford of espn through out a trade idea "that would benefit both teams". Larry likes long athletic forwards so why not trade Jamal Crawford to Portland for Darius Miles?...im baffled by this idea as i dont think it would help us BUT contracts match up...whats your guys opinion?

theres also a good read in the nytimes today. called "Browns in place, but now comes the hard part". Jerome Williams talks in depth about dedication of the team and it brings some interesting points up about WHAT LARRY LIKES in players.

they suggest Rose and Williams will be a Knick (because of their hard work, veteran status, and defensive presence).

they suggest the rookies will have to learn fast and get thick skin or sit the bench (we we all knew from day one).

they also suggest Tim Thomas could stay and be a favorite of Browns...and oddly enough it suggested Penny could revive his career (which i hope is not the truth).

im very excited to see what happens to the roster in the upcoming month or two...i feel a change/changes will occur..

portega1968

El Cacique
I feel we need big guys, bigger than D-Miles. In my view, Sweets and Jamal are expendable at this point, whereas Penny and TT are pawns for better things available in Feb. Those four contracts and some picks and (even Frye) should land us two AllStar caliber big men upfront. I want something like this:

C - Magloire
PF - Chandler
SF - Marion
SG - Q
PG - Steph

Bench:
Nate
Ariza
Lee
James
Rose
Butler
Allan

Everyone else gone.

How do we get....

Marion? For TT by february

Chandler? maybe Sweets and Mo and change

Magloire? Jamal, Frye, a pick, etc.

Speculation on my part, but something like this is in order to give Larry a team that would benefit from what he brings to the table and makes NY a champ again.

GO NY GO NY GO!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
"My challenge is to get our team to play the way we can be most successful. I will try to give them an environment in which they can be successful. I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe in this roster."

Larry Brown at today's press conference

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
All we need now is Houston to make a come back this season and we are going to tear teams apart.
Specially those punk Nets, they got a nice starting five going but with no bench backing them up though, I wonder if they are going to be able to handle all the waves we throw at them without getting into foul trouble.......ahhh this is going to be a FUN SEASON

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
"this is going to be a FUN SEASON "

dont get carried away

just bringin larry brown does not automatically make us a winning team........lenny wilkins one of the greatest coaches of all time came in last year and me as well of others thought......that this season would be a done deal.....but it didnt work

unless zeke can make some good moves to rid of of some of our extra players and come up with a quality starting PF then i wouldnt get exited

rite now i believe we have the best bench in all of basketball

Nate
jamal
ariza
J.Williams
Frye or whoever we plug at center......

that bench wouldnt be a bad starting 5.....we could beat the hawks :lol:

if we can get a good PF then that pretty much makes us a playoff team.....idont like sweetney starting at the 4....he is slow and we already have the "girth" that isaih wanted in the paint.....

i see frye being a starter sooner then yall think...he is a very good player and hes shown that in the summer league.....the only downside to his summer was his foul trouble.....

everyone here were to busy admireing nate robinsons game and overlooked frye.....but frye played very well......

well see how it will all pan out during exibition this october

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I thought David Lee played much better than Frye in the Summer League and I think he should get and most likely will get playing time from Brown.