The Official Welcome Larry Brown Thread

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i see Lee being a good bench player....he will be valubal like a malik rose or a jerome williams to us

but i dont really see him starting......but who noes...he could prove me wrong and become amazing(i would like for him to prove me rong.lol) but who noes......

portega1968

El Cacique
More than foul trouble, Frye's biggest shortcoming in the summer league was rebounding, something that will plague him for some time. Ain't no way that kid is starting a single game this year. Now David Lee, that guy can outrebound most opponents and he will get more minutes than Frye ( I think Nate got more boards than Frye in summer league).

NYKnicks15

Starter
Heres a nice little excerpt from the NEW YORK POST...

I would hope so," Brown told The Post's Steve Serby yesterday at Brown's East Hampton home. "I think the pieces are in place. We've got a great owner [James Dolan] who's not afraid to give you the things necessary to win. You've got a bright guy [Isiah Thomas] running the franchise who's unbelievably competitive and relentless. You've got as good a fan base as anybody can possibly have. You've got a city everyone wants to play in and live [in].

"I think when you consider the things that are in place, we should be hopeful we're fighting for a championship. I realize it hasn't happened since 1973. But that's what they hired me for. I understand that."

Thomas branded Brown "the turnaround king."

"I hope people recognize I love to teach and coach and maybe we have some young players where I can make a difference," Brown said.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Sweet its official, this season is going to be insane..

i hope thomas is right and Larry is the turnaround king, i dont know what id do if we have a sucky season with him on board

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
It's all how this team reacts to Brown and his style of coaching. Also if Brown pushes for changes and Isiah also... This determines how this Broan era will turn out. I'm expecting pretty good results acually....

youpddd

Rookie
wow, no one saw what was really coming. oh well. nobody's gonna read this, but what tha hell. I think we should have kept brown, and just blow everything up after the 23 win season. we should have drafted marcus williams at the draft so brown won't have a "no-head" running the point. Then we should have just rebuilt from then on and maybe we would have been competitive next season. we probably would've lost in the playoffs, but at least we might have been competitive.