Brown joins the Knicks with class!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I have a great deal of respect for Larry Brown. Most coaches would have taken the job, the money and said the hell with the old interrum guy, but not Brown. According to NY post, ESPN, and NBA.com Larry Brown insisted on having sit down with interrum coach Herb Williams. He wanted herb to be a part of his new administration and refered to Herb as "A soldier for the Knicks franchise". Let's not forget that Herb hung in there while Thomas and crew actively searched for his replacement. Brown offered Herb a head assistant position. In my opinion that was a great move by Brown. In the event that Brown's health declines, he'll have some one at his side that is experienced and knows the team as well as his coaching style.

thwax

Benchwarmer
I'm happy for Herb... he was dangled out there in no-man's land for a longtime... and he played the part... good to see that he was taken care of and didn't end up with a Don Chaney like exit!

e_D

Benchwarmer
Yep, i'm glad the situation ended the way it did. We have our new impact coach, but we keep Herb as a top assistant. Now that's good stuff.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
lets hope we keep aguire, i thought i read something about realeasing mark aguire but i guess i read wrong

thwax

Benchwarmer
it sounds like Larry, Herb (head assistant coach)... and the rest will be Larry's crew he's bringing in