Keep Penny, Tim & Alan????!!!!!!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
We really need to keep Penny, Tim and Alan. If we trade them we'll need to take back big contracts. We don't need anymore high-paid-bodies on our roster. Let Penny and Tim play out this last season and get those salaries off our books. Alan should also be kept because we will still take a salary cap hit even if we cut him now for luxury cap relief. We just need to hope and pray that he either retires or we can use him off the bench. I actually hate the guy. But if I were Dolan I wouldn't want to give a guy $40 million for two years upfront just to get off my team and go to Miami and win a championship. The key is that we don't need him to start anymore. So we can use him sparringly against second teamers and he could be effective for a couple of years. No one in their right mind will ever take him off our hands via trade with that ridiculous contract. So let's keep him and use him off the bench. If we exercise patience, in 2009 season we will have off our roster:

Tim Thomas --last year left
Penny Hardaway--last year left
Jerome Willams--3 years left
Alan Houston--2 years left
Maurice Taylor--2 years left
Mike Sweetney--3 years left

And Rose and Marbury will be in the last year of their contracts
And some free agents that'll be available:

LeBron James
Dwayne Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh

So at any time if we can dump Rose and Marbury or any one of those contracts for expiring contracts we should do so because we have their replacements with Crawford, Nate, Frye and Butler. Only way to get a dynasty in NY.

Tell me what you guys think of this plan and are you guys willing to be patient enough and work with what we have now?

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Crawford is not the answer to anything but "Who is a player on the Knicks who chucks up the most unecessary shots"

The Knicks save 40 million if the dump Allan, if he goes to the Heat, he will not be the reason they win the championship. If it will save us 40 million then cut him.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
out of lebron wade melo and bosh who will actually sign with ny? thomas will play his butt off because of his contract and he wants to stay, and we should just let pennys contract runs out since we cant use him as trade bait for anybody

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Tell you the truth, I don't mind waiting for their contracts to expire as long as it doesn't cost us wins. As long as the Knicks are playing well and having a winning season, I don't mind if Houston or Tim stays; now Penny been a dickhead lately since he is getting no play time so I would think twice about him. Hey, who knows, maybe Larry will give him some quality time if he works hard enough.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i didnt think the time penny got last year he didnt deserve.......he played bad imo last year and every shot he took i yelled at the tv NO! some would go in some would go out

even that game he went somthing like 8-8 i still yelled NO!

there is somthing about his game i just dont trust... i dont like him with the ball for some reason.....i just hope (this may sound bad but.....) he gets injured for the whole season and we dont have to play him and his contract will then expire....

G-Hutch

Rookie
We should package Penny and/or Tim Thomas in a deal to get Paul Pierce or another all-star at the 3. Q-Rich & Crawford are nice complimentary pieces, but they should not be the focal points of offense.
Q-Rich froze up in the playoffs for the Suns.

Put Pierce in a lineup with Steph & Co. and you've got a top-4 team in the East.

If the Nets can get Vince Carter, why can't we get a second all-star caliber talent?

timnakhla

Rookie
Imagine a starting lineup like that:

Stephan @ PG
Lebron@ SG
Artest @ SF
T. Chandler @ PF
Jerome James @ C

Well although it's far fetched, I think it's very possible..only if zeke can hold on to his horses and keep our assets intact, and by that I mean (TT, Penny and houston and taylor)..that's 60MM in salary relief over the next 2 seasons...Zeke, PLEASE, just wait, until the right opportunity presents itself..let's just roll with what we have and try to develop them, and I'm sure in meantime Larry will keep us in the winning zone . (so basically, all the front office jobs will be secure) and then we'll be at great financial position to lure in all star caliber players (maybe even a KG) and it's not like we're Atlanta where no one wants to go....All we have to do is play our cards right :calm:

portega1968

El Cacique
Had a dream last night of our future starting 5:

C - Pau Gasol
PF - KG
SF - Marion
SG - Steph
PG - Nate

Talk about wishful thinking uh!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
What in god's name are you talking about! Keep Penny, Timmy & A... I can't even type it.... Alan! You do realize that the new clause is refered to as the Alan Houston clause don't you. The reason why is because Houston is considered to be the most overpaid player in the National Basket Ball Association's history. If we've got a way out to save the club money we've got to do it. I'm with you on Penny and Penny alone. Penny could be a good "backup" point gaurd. No one plays Penny at the point and that is his natural position. Think back, way back to his days with Shaq in Orlando. That is the only role I can see him productivley playing. As far as Tim Thomas. He's soft and softness has no place in NY. Trade him while he's young for a real PF.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
No need to trade Penny or TT. They both come off the books at the end of the season, freeing us of more than $30MM in salary. Throw in the fact that we'll cut Houston, and the Knicks will have $50MM off their books at the end of the season.

If we let them walk, we aren't losing out on much since Penny doesn't play and the departure of TT allows us to develop Ariza.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I hope everyone understands keeping allowing Penny and Timmy to go via trades means that we need to take back PLAYERS with close to equal contracts in $$$. Allowing Houston to walk means he gets all his money upfront and he goes to one of your division rivals for virtually for free. He'll come off-the-bench some where in Jersey, Miami or Detroit and hurt us while we pay him. I don't want to pay some one for a job that isn't complete.

JaboloPR

Rookie
nycefnl said:
I hope everyone understands keeping allowing Penny and Timmy to go via trades means that we need to take back PLAYERS with close to equal contracts in $$$. Allowing Houston to walk means he gets all his money upfront and he goes to one of your division rivals for virtually for free. He'll come off-the-bench some where in Jersey, Miami or Detroit and hurt us while we pay him. I don't want to pay some one for a job that isn't complete.

I haven't written in here in quite a while, but this deserved a "Very Very true." Props.