Allan Houston

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Everyone who hates Houston should realize one thing...He didn't pay himself. If someone owed you 40 Million dollars, would you wait to collect, or would you say: "That's cool! Don't worry about it!" Anyone who says the latter choice you're not only a fool, but a bloody liar as well. Houston will take his buyout and leave, and that will be that. He didn't injure himself, and the CBA protects players from not getting paid because they get hurt. It worker's compensation on a million dollar scale. If I was H20, I'd probably have done the same thing.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I admire your admiration of the guy. And your right, it's not his fault that the owner's got a hard on for Houston and gave him the larges contract to date in NBA history! No that's not Houston's fault.

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
I love to see all the respect shown for allan houston. I thought more people had lost respect for him. He's always shown a desire to win by burying clutch shots many times for the knicks. He also showed excellent sportsmanship. Allan was a classy person on and off the court and he wil be remembered by knick fans. I pray for him that he can pull a grant hill and come back. i'd love to see him find success even with another team. good luck allan, and thanks for the memories that i won't forget.

Knicks fan from 1994-present and forever.

Peace

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Say we keep allanThe dolans decide to pay houston according to his contract. We would still have a sal-cap prob. Supposing Houston and the Dolans reached an agreement privately, where Allan would accept a lower salary. Allan can always give the dolans a check, back, out off his own pocket. Get it yet? Its like "I give you $5, but gimme back $4". In this situation, it's more like "Allan we can keep you, but you won't recieve the money promised cus of the obvious reasons"....((There's no way Allan can argu his long absense. If he wants to stay he'll have to accept that he doesn't deserve all that money)).We (Dolans) will pay you $x (publicly, against the cap) , but you must return $(x-y), again, cus of the obvious reasons." Get it? Allan is said to have good relations w/ the Dolans. What's stopping them from making a reasonable "under the table" deal? What's stopping Allan from writing a check back to the Dolans? Does that qualify for breach of contract?. It is a possibility.

NYKnicks15

Starter
once you get paid you can do whatever you want with your money...even if it is pay back the person whos paying you in the first place...

why dont we just let him retire and call it a day?

S-Nutta

Rookie
I'm not gonna front, in Houston's prime he was my man, my second fav player next to Spree. Spree had a whole lot more heart...sacrificed more and was a LOT more versatile. But now that Allan is in his twilight because of his knees, he needs to backed down and retire. Over the past few years he has definitely pissed me off with his lack of versatility, rusty knees and fat pockets. We should actually be more angry at Layden. The worst GM ever...
Anyway Houston will retire if he doesn't get through training camp and if the Knicks release Mo instead of JYD that would be cool. Or maybe even Shandon's old contract... In the long run, we'll have more loot.

And Oh yeah, Steph at the two will be the greatest thing to ever happen to him, TRUST. A basketball team will not succeed with the point guard as the number one option. What two guard will be able to stop Steph? Remember, Iverson came out of college as a point guard. LB turned him into one of the best two guards in the league. Craw at point and Steph at two. Q at sixth man. Playoffs!

:flippa:

:afro:

S-Nutta

Rookie
KNICKSFAN20!! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT CLIP OF CRAW'S SELF ALLEY OOP? I've been looking everywhere! Hook a brotha up

:afro:

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
the only reason why people probaly hate H20 is because he don't play anymore. he hurt his knee and never played again. the last he played was in January. he gets paid for sitting on the bench in a suit.