Who SHOULD be cut with the amnesty clause to save luxury tax

Who SHOULD be cut under the amnesty clause to save luxury ta

• Allan Houston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malik Rose

• Mo Taylor

• Trade Jamal and Sweets for a big man or more D and waive whatever bad contract we take back

• Total voters

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
the knicks need to get a tough pf we should trade any one except for ariza,nate,channing and get some toughness like maybe a tyson chandler or carlos boozer or even odom

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i dont like odom.....hes not that great of a player imo.....boozer is another highly paid player that would hurt the knicks........

i would love chandler to come here tho......or just like in ur other posts

Andre Kiralinko

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
hey knicksfan20 imagine this lineup

c-james
pf-kiralenko
sf-t thomas
sg-q rich
pg-marbury

and even our bench is deadly thats a great lineup good enough to win the east

NYKnicks15

Starter
KnickFan20-- Mo Taylor only has 2 years left on his contract, while Malik has three.

donchris-- hilarious. the clause is names "The Allan Houston Clause"...so lets stick to that and waive Allan Houston okay? We cant trade Allan Houston we CAN trade Rose & Taylor..simple as that.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Release Houston! = $20,000,000 saved in luxury taxes.

I like your line up John. Only thing I'd change is have crawford start over Richardson. Or did you mean to trade Crawford for Kiralenko?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
have crawford start over richardson....ur joking right?

and i doubt we can get kiralinko for crawford

o and did u see wut else john said...let me quote him

"and even our bench is deadly thats a great lineup good enough to win the east "

o and did u read my topic....about knicks have the best bench.....seems everyone agrees with me...

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I was discussing this topic with a friend of mine (Trin-Starr) and he came out with the idea of waiving Shandon Anderson's luxury tax, if this was possible it would make alot of sense to me. We already let him go and we are still paying his salary and tax on top of that. Maybe the NBA will let us waive the luxury tax on his contract.

donchris

Yeah I read your topic. Alot of people seem to believe in this team which is good. I believe we can do alot, just not with the current roster. This is the weakest the Knicks have ever been in my life time. The only solutions any one has really been posting is trade Marbury and keep every one else, as if Marbury's the problem. I disagree. The problem is as point guard, Marbury has virtually no one to pass the ball too. Crawford's got potential and he can score. So including Marbury we've got an option and a half. Most good teams need three scorers. Or at the very least two and a half. Every one posting says the same thing, "greatest bench in the world". So why are we losing? In Minesota the Timberwolves mad it out of the first round of the playoffs one time. No one said the T- wolves have a great bench, trade Garnett. Instead they got rid of unproductive players and placed a better supporting team around Garnett. That is how you build. But different people are in love with different players. I just want to win. Trade em all if need be. I don't want to see the team make bad trades, but I've been a Knicks fan for too long to have any attachment to any one player.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Am i here saying trade marbury NO

we have 3 good scorers....tim thomas, qrich, marbury

AND OUR BENCH HAS IMPROVED FROM LAST YEAR.....ITS NOT THE SAME......do u not read first how could u ask...."so why are we losing" if we havnt even played a game yet....

the knicks have a strong team we just need to be guided......

ur the only 1 who thinks we dont have a great bench...so obviously your the wrong 1......you are a moron and you should stop posting here because u keep making yourself looks stupid\

o and post this in a different topi ur way off topic

NYKnicks15

Starter
the amnesty clause option ends August 15th this coming Monday! Who will it be guys? Derek Anderson, Brian Grant, Doug Christie who will be ours? My choice STILL and ALWAYS will be Allan Houston. He cant run full speed at the moment and I doubt hell ever NOR should he ever come back. Just rest it up and sit on that 100 million you have saved up buddy...

P.S. DonChris i know youre a "rookie" but this is like the 3rd time ive seen you post off topic. Stick to the topics, wait to THAT topic comes up or create a new thread!...thanks KnicksFan20 for saying something, that always helps :)

Trin_Starr

Starter
It seems that the knicks are going to keep Allan Houston as reported in the NY Post.
If he is not completely ready by training camp, he said he will retire and then the knicks will have insurance cover 75% of his $40mil contract.

portega1968

El Cacique
It seems the Knicks will waive Shandon Anderson's $18 mil that are left on the books. As I suspected, Dolan will allow his golf buddy Houston one last chance to come back, and if not ready, retire, thus allowing us to save more and use a medical exception.

BTW, Aaron McKie was let go by the Sixers...you can be sure Larry will want to pick him up.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I gave Allan no chance of returning and as I said earlier, I still do. It will be very classy if he does retire in October BUT we all have to remember Allan is stubborn and plays with passion...who knows if hell say this to stay on the team then come October try to make another return...

That leaves a few options left...Maurice Taylor, Malik Rose & Jerome Williams, Shandon Andersons contract.

I have a feeling Taylor and Williams will be safe...Both their contracts expire in 07/08 which will make both good assets next offseason. Malik on the other hand has three years left on his contract...so in my eyes it only comes down to either ROSE or ANDERSON.

P.S. I hope Isiah doesnt sign Aaron McKie just because of Larry's opinion...Aaron is a below average ballhandler and hes turning 34 quite soon...Ill pass, and i think hell sign Diop instead.. :eek:ff-topic: hahaha

donchris

My understanding of the Houston situation is that the knicks want Houston to retire. According to the NY post, " They would prefer that Houston agree to a medical retirement, which would save them much more than just the luxury tax reduction of the amnesty rule. Houston would get every penny but insurance — not the Knicks — would pay 75 percent of Houston's $39.8M in salary, minus a 20 percent deductible." Ok so it would save us more money if Houston decides to retire. If he decides to retire. I guess I've got to give these guys credit for letting Houston go out on his own terms. If he goes out this year. But I don't like Houston, never did. So I think he's gonna #$%# us! According to the Post Houston stated "IF" he's not up to speed by the end of October's training camp he'll retire. I don't buy it. That's a strategic business move on the part of Houston. Gotta give him credit. He's gonna make his money. Every penny of it.

NYKnicks15

Starter
when i mentioned that he COULD screw us over..i was just saying thats a possibility. I think he mite be to stand up of a guy to do that, and realize his everyday life is more important than basketball..I also suppose you have to give him credit to think "hey my team is more important than my health"...he did say he didnt want to cheat the team and miss all the games he has over the past two seasons...im gonna give him the benefit of the doubt...

i know im reiterating myself or maybe even contradicting but i just wanted to restate my words aswell as put some input in BEFORE i just get to my small point...

ALLAN HOUSTON WILL GET HIS MONEY NO MATTER WHAT!!! IF HE RETIRES HE GETS EVERY PENNY OF IT (Knicks pay 25% only)!!! IF HES WAIVED HE GETS EVERY PENNY OF IT (Knicks pay 100% minus tax)!!! IF HE PLAYS HE GETS EVERY PENNY OF IT (Knicks pay 100% plus tax)!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
The day has arrived. NYDailyNews says Jerome Williams will be gettting the amnesty ax whereas the NYPost says it will be Shandon Anderson's contract. NYTimes still says it'll be Houston. IMO, since the NYPost is a part-owner of the Knicks, I believe it'll be Anderson's contract. NYPost adds that Rose definitely won't be waived.

On the flip side, Knicks will be looking to pickup one of the players let go by the other teams. Larry would like to bring in McKie for his D. Maybe we can bring in Derek Anderson and then just ship three wornout Tennessee guards (Houston, Penny and Anderson) to Memphis, jajajaja. They may pursue Finley. I sure hope they don't even think about Grant.

Drumroll please...