Who SHOULD be cut with the amnesty clause to save luxury tax

Who SHOULD be cut under the amnesty clause to save luxury ta

• Allan Houston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malik Rose

• Mo Taylor

• Trade Jamal and Sweets for a big man or more D and waive whatever bad contract we take back

• Total voters

portega1968

El Cacique
As most of you know, the new CBA allows a team to cut one player and save any luxury tax on that contract, although the team still will have to pay his salary which counts for the cap.

So, who WILL be cut? It seems Allan Houston would gather most of the votes, so I'm asking your opinion on who SHOULD be cut.

I'd rather cut Mo Taylor's 3years since he couldn't learn defense under Van Gundy and don't think he will here. Allan deserves a chance to rehab after playing hurt and being such a class act. To pay him $40 mil and watch him sig with the Nets or Heat would suck. That luxury tax isn't really a problem for the Dolans.

Rose's 4years would be another choice, but I'm pretty sure Larry Brown wants Rose's D and experience on the squad.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i dont know any inside information, but is it safe to guess that maybe isiah will wait to see how houstons health is before he decides who he wants to waive. the more he waits, the more it might mean that allan is feeling better.

or maybe isiah has already made up his mind and will def. waive allan. i dont know.

NYKnicks15

Starter
like i said if we waive anyone it will be Allan Houston. He cant run at full speed yet and you can only use this "Allan Houston Rule" as it has been dubbed this year. Unless he retires but i think he is too stubborn to do that...

now i dont understand why everyone gets these contracts wrong...Malik Rose has three years left on his contract...6.0, 6.5 & 7.1.....Mo Taylors is only 2 years...9.1 & 9.7

mo's is almost expiring :)

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
It most likley will be Allan Houston, as much as I like the guy, he keeps getting his chance, it's been long enough, I'm a big Allan Houston fan, but after all this, that he's put the team through, I don't know. He's had 2 years to recover properly, we have alot of guards now, I don't see why we should take a risk on him, with his ridicous contract. He could come back, but he's had his time to do that in NY and it's time to put it to rest. I want Allan to come back as much as any Knick/Houston fan, but the fact is, chances are, 2 years, he's always forcing it, or watever the hell and it's time to let him make his come back elsewhere, if any... it's such a shame to see him like this, he was one of my favorite players too. (Everyone on that 99' Knick team, lol)

But yeah, if they do keep him, I'm not saying he couldnt come back, its just not likley, and I say just relive the Knicks organazation of his insanley bad contract already, cause we gave him 2 years, take this chance to take off that money while they can....

Weather it be stubborn or too much heart and optimism, Allan most likley isn't going to retire, this being the most effective solution....

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Re: Who SHOULD be cut with the amnesty clause to save luxury

portega1968 said:
I'd rather cut Mo Taylor's 3years since he couldn't learn defense under Van Gundy and don't think he will here. Allan deserves a chance to rehab after playing hurt and being such a class act. To pay him $40 mil and watch him sig with the Nets or Heat would suck. That luxury tax isn't really a problem for the Dolans.

Rose's 4years would be another choice, but I'm pretty sure Larry Brown wants Rose's D and experience on the squad.

I couldn't of said it better myself! Keep Houston! Don't let him get his way and go where he wants and still get paid from us. That makes no sense to help the Nets get an allstar shooter on our payroll. Keep him and use him off the bench. Use it on Maurice Taylor!

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
That's a very good point, and letting Houston retire as a Knicks... this is a hard choice... But Isiah Thomas most likley has no Knick pride attachment to Houston... wanting him to retire as a knick will be the least of Thomas's concerns but he apprently likes him, but i'm sure he's annoyed with this whole come back thing, or mayb he has sympathy with the injuries....

we'll have to just see how this plays out i guess....

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Re: Who SHOULD be cut with the amnesty clause to save luxury

nycefnl said:
portega1968 said:

I couldn't of said it better myself! Keep Houston! Don't let him get his way and go where he wants and still get paid from us. That makes no sense to help the Nets get an allstar shooter on our payroll. Keep him and use him off the bench. Use it on Maurice Taylor!

ditto, i've been agreeing alot w/ portega1968 lately.

jayjay

Rookie
Houston by far as much as every seems to want to hate on Maurice Taylor the kid can play he's arguably got the best rounded offensive game of all the pf's on the knicks why should he be cut?? because he's not the ultimate defender? the kid can score and he has 3pt range its not even a guarantee Houston's gonna be healthy. HOUSTON is the most obvious choice.

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Why cut someone who could still play? You guys have not seen Mo Taylor play. I've followed him since the second coming of the fab five. it was him, tractor, crawford, baston and some other dude. Mo has a great inside/outside game, he can play back to basket or face up. He does have some defensive deficiencies but I'm willing to give him a shot under Brown.

There was report that Houston STILL isn't ready to participate in summer camp and needs time to rehab. I don't think Houston is ever gonna be able to comeback 100%. We need someone who can participate the whole season.

I say cut Houston since he can't even contribute and his contract is double that of Taylor's.

jayjay

Rookie
hoop115 Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:15 AM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why cut someone who could still play? You guys have not seen Mo Taylor play. I've followed him since the second coming of the fab five. it was him, tractor, crawford, baston and some other dude. Mo has a great inside/outside game, he can play back to basket or face up. He does have some defensive deficiencies but I'm willing to give him a shot under Brown.

There was report that Houston STILL isn't ready to participate in summer camp and needs time to rehab. I don't think Houston is ever gonna be able to comeback 100%. We need someone who can participate the whole season.

I say cut Houston since he can't even contribute and his contract is double that of Taylor's.

Thank You

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
when allan houston comes back from injury he will be great for the knicks because if u remember he did average 19 points a game the year before last

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
and what the knicks should do if they do cut houston is trade marbury for paul pierce because the celtics r looking to get rid of him anyways and make q play the 2 and paul play the 3 because he's so tough and gets to the basket wenever he wants and make tim play sixth man becuase if u remember he was runner up for the sixth man in 2000-2001 wen he was on the bucks so hes used to play off the bench so imagine this line up jamal,q rich,paul pierce, sweetney,frye and have tim,jerome james,nate robinson and david lee and ariza come off the bench we could win the east easily.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
dont listn to him john he obviously does not watch basketball

jerome james off the bench and frye starting? get serious.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
johnknicksman said:
and what the knicks should do if they do cut houston is trade marbury for paul pierce because the celtics r looking to get rid of him anyways and make q play the 2 and paul play the 3 because he's so tough and gets to the basket wenever he wants and make tim play sixth man becuase if u remember he was runner up for the sixth man in 2000-2001 wen he was on the bucks so hes used to play off the bench so imagine this line up jamal,q rich,paul pierce, sweetney,frye and have tim,jerome james,nate robinson and david lee and ariza come off the bench we could win the east easily.

r u sure thats what should happen?

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
thats gonna be wierd if allan gets waived and then goes to some main knick rival like the nets (who might wanna add depth/shooting) or heat (same thing). i wonder how the fans are gonna react when he commes back to msg to play. of course, this is all considering that he even can come back and play...

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
frye is much better than james and if james is so good how come he dont play alot of minutes he sucks al he does is give up fouls

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
and why not paul pierce hes great for the knicks i cant imagine crawford being a solid shooting gaurd hes to small when he goes up aginst other shooting gaurds they kill him shooting gaurds like kobe, t-mac,d-wade etc kill crawford hes better off at the point were he will hopefully play defense

portega1968

El Cacique
Monday is the deadline for using the amnesty clause to cut a player...so Houston's days as a Knick may be counted with the fingers in one hand.. looks like most fans expect him to be the victim.

Wonder if the Knicks will jump on someone who was cut, like Brian Grant.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
we dont need another pf in brian grant

the smart people to cut wouold be either malik rose with years on this contract (4 i think) and

Mo taylor wit years on his contract (4 i think)

houston only has 2 more left on his contract and he could be soon calling it quits.......

i say keep em....