Jerome James

Good addition?

• Yes, he has mass potential and ability...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure, what else were we supposed to get?...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
yes he will help the knicks realil need size so he would help but he should have been paid less hes very slow and he'll be on the bench by mid season channing is way better than him and channing is a real shot blocker not jerome

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
have u seen how many fouls he gives up??? the guy averaged 3.5 fouls in just 16.6 minutes a game last year....thats gotta be the most pathetic stat there is...he probably leads the league in fouls per minute... sweetney is also another guy that gets too many fouls, 2.9 in 19 minutes a game...im not sure i wanna see those two starting in the front court anymore

the reason that those two guys wont get minutes on this team will be cuz they give up too many free points to other teams by sending the other guys to the FT line...

a lot of the times, a guy gives up a foul because he lost position and got beat, which to me is usually a sign of a bad defensive player.

i wanna see sweetney start cuz i think hes young and improving and i think he deserves a chance to show what hes got. he can get 12 and 8.

jerome james CANT get 12 and 8. i dont see it happening. james is NOT young. hes had his chance. in fact, hes almost on the verge of being PAST his prime. the guy is 30 years old...thats not young. i dont expect much out of james, but i could be wrong. i think this is just one of those desperate signings by isiah to get "any big man" just for the sake of getting a big man. its like when he signed bateer or sundov or baker to contracts. i dunno why gm's in this league like to give big guys big contracts that they dont deserve just for the sake of getting a big man. like the ridiculous contract that dampier got from dallas. what a joke.

nazr mohammad might be smaller than james, but he is more skilled, is a much nicer and hard working guy, has a better shot, and basicall is just more polished overall player. just cuz james is taller doesnt mean shit. being an nba player isnt all just about being a seven footer. alonzo mourning, for example, was an intense, intimidating, monster rebounding, monster shot blocking, center and he was only 6'10...

hoop115

Benchwarmer
Lorenzen Wright is up for grabs. With Isiah's intention of obtaining Pau Gasol, I wouldn't mind if they put a package together for him & Paul Gasol.

portega1968

El Cacique
hoop115 said:
Lorenzen Wright is up for grabs. With Isiah's intention of obtaining Pau Gasol, I wouldn't mind if they put a package together for him & Paul Gasol.

I'm in on getting Pau Gasol. During the Olympics, he played like the best player on the planet during that first round. He's a legit 7ft who can also play the PF. He can get you a double-double, posts up and shoots facing the basket, excellent fg%, passes nicely and will get his blocks. Oh, he's just 25 yrs old and has a dunk-first attitude.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
jerome james will only come off the bench channing frye is much better than him and channing is a excellent shot blocker james will only come in the game and get quick fouls thats all hes good for and if jerome james will be our starting center why would we draft channing frye hes obviously going to start either mid season or the whole season and david lee is a wasted draft pick we should have got chris taft i think david sucks

NYKnicks15

Starter
why does David suck? have you seen him play before? or did you just look at his stats? Hes a hardworker the Knicks need plus he can throw it down...hard. I think hell be a good young addition.

im very interested to see how Larry and Isiah deal witht he frontcourt this year..more trades to come maybe? Like said we DO have a lot of options though. To me Jerome James & Mike Sweetney are the best two...until Frye bulks up and is ready by midseason of course hah

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
david lee does suck hes a undersized pf there trying to swicth him to the small foward but hes to slow to play the small foward and he cant shoot we shoul have got chris taft

portega1968

El Cacique
David Lee has more hustle in one pinky of his 6'7" undersized body than Chris Taft will ever have. He's a good free throw shooter and is a step quicker than most guys coming into this league. He ruled at the NBA pre-draft camp.

Also, Channing Frye has no chance of starting anytime soon unless you're looking to see the kid humiliated. He's way less ready than Lee or Nate. Isiah was basically forced to draft him to appease the media, the Dolans, Spike Lee and half of NYK fans. Gerald Green will prove to have been the correct pick at that spot. Frye isn't even a center in this league and don't expect him to bulk up that soon. Thank God Isiah went for the right choices when picking Lee and Nate.

Its obvious JohnKnicksMan didn't catch any summer league action.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
yes i did catch summer league action and talking about hussle why need david lee we got we got jerome williams and in the summer league david lee did not impress nobody so dont say nothing about me u ***

NYKnicks15

Starter
ey first off John cut that choice of words out for real...
second David Lee has ups, he has rebounding skills, he has defensive skills and he two things the Knicks desperately NEED...HEART & HUSTLE!!!

We already have Jerome Williams? Yes we do but how long will he last here? Or how many years can he give us? Taft is a good player but we chose Lee so thats final. And he did impress people at the summer league...he impressed me!!! and seeing by the post he impressed Portega. Hes a hardworker and you dont get many of those nowadays.

anyways two more things...
ONE..this forum is about Jerome James...
TWO..David Lee is 6'9 & 250lb!!! Why does everyone think hes so small?!?!?!