What do you think of this trade suggestion?

timnakhla

Rookie
NY Gets
Ron Artest $6.50
Reggie Miller Contract $6.10
Austin Croshere $8.90
Tyson Chandler (S&T) $7.50
Chris Duhon (S&T) $4.00
Eddy Curry (S&T) $6.50
TOTAL $39.50

Indiana Gets
Jamal Crawford $6.50
Tim Thomas (E.C) $13.90
Future Draft Pick (From NY)
Cash $1.10
TOTAL $21.50

Chicago Gets
Penny Hardaway (E.C.) $15.70
Mike Sweetney $2.10
Future Draft Pick (From NY)
David Lee $0.20
TOTAL $18.00

E.C. = Expiring Contract
B.C = Bad Contract
S&T = Sign & Trade (from Chicago)
# in Millions

NY gets its wish in Ron and TC and a good ctr in Eddy Curry and a decent back up guard, but also picks up couple of bad contracts and give up couple of expiring contracts, couple a future draft picks and three good players.

Indy gives up Ron but gets in return two good players, one will fill Ron's position (SF) while the other will fill Riggie's position (SG), get an expiring contract, a future draft pick and get rid of two bad contracts.

Chicago gives up two good players that they couldn't have signed anyway comes their free agency time, one of which with a medical problem and in return gets a veteran leader in Penny Hardaway and a PF who's game is comparable to Zack R., a future draft pick and a good young defensive player in David Lee.

Let me know what u all think? peace

ny3nyk

Rotation player
wow....i dont think david lee could be traded for 6 months as for all rookies. i think eddy curry will go to atl or resign with chicago with chandler and duhon, and indiana will never give up ron artest because stephen jackson can also play the 2 very well at 6'8

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Chicago wouldn't part with Tyson Chandler and Curry will probably resign with Chicago and I am sure they would trade him, but he has potential health issues. Also ny3nyk is correct, you can trade the rights to an unsigned rookie but you have a period of time before you can trade a signed rookie player. If Indiana was to trade Artest, they could get a better player in return than Crawford. There was a rumour that Boston might trade Pierce for Artest, but that kind of died down. I like this scenario:
Trade Tim Thomas or Hardaway to Dallas for Finley
Trade Crawford and future picks to Atlanta for Al Harrington (They might not get JJ so they would be interested, and I think they would be Interested anyway)
Try to pick up a backup center off the Amnesty heap

Use the remaining expiring cotract (either TT or PH) to make a move around the trade deadline. Remember, Mourice Taylors contract expires next year, so we could use him to get someone this year who has a longer term cotract or wait until next year.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
keep dreaming! Chicago would never take our junk for Chandler and Curry. :rolling: This makes all the sense for the Knicks and no sense for any of the other teams

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
Miami gets - Jerome Williams, Tim Thomas, Bruno Sundov

New York get - Udonis Haslem, Rasual Butler
____________________________________________________________________________________

REPRESENT BROOKLYN ALL DAY EVERY DAY

BROWNVILLE & BED-STUY
WHERE U AT?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Miami gets - Jerome Williams, Tim Thomas, Bruno Sundov

New York get - Udonis Haslem, Rasual Butler ?

wut help would that do us....we give up one of our best pf and most underated and least talked about player in jerome williams...he does so much for us on the court that goes un noticed.....

tim thomas is a great player, and has 1 year on his contract......

udonis haslem is a pretty good pf not the greatest but i would rather have our guys

and rasual is a good shooter thats about it

no to that trade

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It is said that Larry Brown favors Eric Snow. Nick Van Excel was relesed from the Trail Blazers. Tyronn Lue and Damon Jones of the Heat are all free agents. My pic is van Excel for point.