A thought about Q-Rich

e_D

Benchwarmer
Ever since the trade, I've seen tons of posts like "Oh great, another 3 ball chucker." While that is what he did in Phoenix, I believe he did it because that is what the Suns needed him to do. Q-Rich is a really well rounded player, not a 3 ball chucker.

Think back to his days in LA. This boy was posting up, grabbing like 6-7 boards a game, throwing the ball down visciously, AND shooting the three. In our offensive scheme, I think we'll be seeing the old Q-Rich. Finishing fast breaks, backing defenders down, and dropping threes.

During his free agency, I was dying to see him in a NY uniform. Now it's happened, and I'm amped. I think he'll make good things happen here.

NYKnicks15

Starter
great post because it is 100% true. Why? because the Pheonix Suns are a run and gun team simple as that. the point of there game was to turn over, get fastbreaks and jack up the ball. They out ran, out stole the opposite team and out shot. It was Amare and Marions job to post up and slam it down. Nashs to dish it off and JJ and Q-Rich's job to jack em up. you may look at their percentage and such and judge by that, but look how many shots they took a game!!! im sure if and when he goes back to his old style of play (which will happen under Brown) look for his shots per game go down and his FG% go up!

thwax

Benchwarmer
This is one of the things Q said... that he's excited to come to the Knicks to play his old style of play... mix that with Larry Brown, he'll be a great defensive, hussle player... Kurt and Dijon for Q and Nate was a GREAT trade! Thanx Isaih :)

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I really like Kurt... he did us well... it's just a trade overall for us

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Kurt was a good player....but he never had the ability to take over the game....

he could grab rebounds good at staying on his feet and not falling for pump fakes....and a good help our defender.....

he was soft.....he missed so many open layups last year.....

he has a great midrange shot.....but thats about it

although kurt did good.....he is not a winner.....trading kurt great trade by isaih

ny3nyk

Rotation player
you think kurt thomas was soft? he was a guy who made stops for us and was defensive minded. he is one of the pfs in the league that could post up one moment and pop the 15 footer another. im not sure but i think his nickname was st anger back in the days. it would be nice if we could get him back

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
currently he is soft.......i dont no back 10 years ago when he first entered......but he no longer posts up...he doesnt take the ball to the basket......

hes a good rebounder and thats it......

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
Q's fg percentage was below 400 even when he wasnt on the suns. with the clippers, he averaged 17 points a game but made less than 40 percent of his shots. that is not good, not by any standards.

part of the reason his fg percentage is low, though, is because most of his fg attempts are 3 point attempts. if a player only shoots 3 pointers and has a fg percentage of 400, then thats not very bad at all.

still, Q does take a lot of shots, and i dunno exactly how him, craw and steph will share the ball...also, all three of them are terrible at defense...im hoping larry can discipline them both in terms of shot taking and in terms of D

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
kurt thomas was voted as being one of the toughest players in the league....he's not even close to soft. u cant be soft and grab 10 rebounds in the nba, it ain't gunna happen. he rebounds more than yao...and how tall is yao? 7-6 or sumtin? no way kurt thomas was the heart of our team for the past couple of years. mad props for kurt thomas

thwax

Benchwarmer
There's no way Kurt was soft! It's amazing how quickly we forget all the rebounds (remember the 21 rebounds against Phoenix!), 32 double-doubles, the blocks, the charges (plus almost a steal a game)... it was a great trade for us, however to kick KT out the door saying he was soft is just CRAZY!

:roll:

For those dissing KT, make sure you don't want Drew Gooden, because KT's stats are better than Gooden's in most categories, and Gooden is seen as soft throughout the league, that's why Lebron wants him out

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
wat i beleive when the kid said kurt thomas was soft was that he was soft on the offensive side...he had no moves to basket and look dumb doing cuz he is very slow....misses easy baskets so that is wat i think he says

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
e_D said:
Ever since the trade, I've seen tons of posts like "Oh great, another 3 ball chucker." While that is what he did in Phoenix, I believe he did it because that is what the Suns needed him to do. Q-Rich is a really well rounded player, not a 3 ball chucker.

Think back to his days in LA. This boy was posting up, grabbing like 6-7 boards a game, throwing the ball down visciously, AND shooting the three. In our offensive scheme, I think we'll be seeing the old Q-Rich. Finishing fast breaks, backing defenders down, and dropping threes.

During his free agency, I was dying to see him in a NY uniform. Now it's happened, and I'm amped. I think he'll make good things happen here.

I totally agree with you. Q-Rich is a great player, but the Suns wanted him to focus on one thing and that was the 3-Pointer. I think he can develop his post game again and not just shoot 3's on fastbreaks but dunks.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I peronally like the acqusition of Richardson. I also think he can play the 2-Guard or 3. I think that helps the team alot with his versitility and a more reliable 3 point shooter, than Crawford who just goes on hot streaks. He sure can shoot and we need that w/o a healthy Allan Houston... Also now that he isn't in Phoenix (he was made to shoot 3's, that was thier game plan for him) he can be a bit more aggressive and we'll see more than just 3's as well!

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
didnt he break a record with the Clips? Something with 3's but I can't remeber. It mite've been Spree's most 3's without a miss or Most 3's made in a game.... I know it was something with 3's!

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
Q-Rich was the best shooting guard on the Suns.

He is a good outside shooter and has a good crossover.

REPRESENT BROOKLYN ALL DAY EVERY DAY

BROWNSVILLE & BED-STUY
WHERE U AT?

RIANA WARD
TMA

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Q rich has pre good handle.........with marbury, craw and qrich....we definatly have the best crossover combo in the league

we already had it last year 2

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
madskillz7312 said:
didnt he break a record with the Clips? Something with 3's but I can't remeber. It mite've been Spree's most 3's without a miss or Most 3's made in a game.... I know it was something with 3's!

..this link should help you out

Q Rich kwik facts

Rojasmas

Rookie
I think Q Rich is the wrong Phoenix Sun we should have wanted. Joe Johnson should have been on our radar. I know it would have taken more than KT to get it done, but maybe Maurice Taylor or Malik Rose and KT would have worked.