Where's the bench?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
NY will be come a team again. A real professional NBA quality team once more. I can feel it! But where's the bench. The problem the Knicks have had, well one of the problems the Knicks have had is they have been notorious for putting bench players on their starting line up. Example Charley Ward, Kurk Thomas, Vin Baker.... At least I think at one point Baker started. My point is that all of theese guys are good (except Baker) but they have no business starting. We need to stop thinking small. Even your beloved Kurt Thomas on most teams would not start. If so definatly not as Center. Remeber the Maverics a few years back when they had a sh*t load of really good players, so many in fact they didn't know what to do with em. That one year, that was a team! Damn near a dream team, but they had a hard-on for Dirt, I mean Dirk! That, ego's, and poor coaching is why it fell apart. A guy like Crawford, he's good but bench him. That way you have a quality player on the bench. Not just guys that should be playing in Canada.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
Yea, Craw and Nate off the bench would be awful defensively.Maybe a few good steals here and there. But They'd be quick and uptempo on offense. Ally-oops to Ariza and James. Then to Frye and Lee and TT. Then Crawford to Nate?! But yea we do need more quality players, not just bench superstars. A few more trades are expected, due to the current starting5 jam.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Wheres the bench??? we have youth and athleticism coming off the bench. plus veteran leadership aswell..i expect a trade or two more but EVEN now we have a bench...

Channing Frye...Jackie Butler...Maurice Taylor...Malik Rose...Jerome Williams...David Lee..Trevor Ariza...Jamal Crawford...Penny Hardaway...Nate Robinson...

Even if you do a change out Hockey style 5 for 5. We get our starters sitting and send Channing Frye, Jerome Williams, Trevor Ariza, Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson in...we could beat the Hawks with that bench..

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i still think hardaway should go and rose to start. steven hunter would be a nice addition to our bench but he will probably go to dallas. i also like nene and malik allen

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
our bench is prolly the best in the league imo

wut we need to do is trade some of our depth at pf and get a legit starting pf who can help us

not sweetney.....

don chris if u noticed from last year.....our bench acually would keep us in games and bring us back

when we had jerome ariza sweetney and marbury we were able to stop the other team get TO's and score

adding Frye and Jamal crawford to men who can score now and frye who can also play a lil D...our bench is amazing

donchris

Trading players usually requires a team having a player of market value. In other words don't expect to get much for Jerome Williams or Maurice Taylor. You may think highly of those guys but the problem is that most people don't. Sweetney's got potential and may be even trade value. I'm all for trading any one "if" we can get quality players for them and the trade doesn't hurt us. Right now we don't really have starting PF. So in a way I aggree that trading off Sweetney is not the best idea. That still doesn't say much for our bench. I remember last season. Not alot of TV time for a losing team so I caught up on my reading quick. What games did our bench keep us in, the 33 we won or the 49 we lost.

donchris

Knicksfan20 get off my n^tts. The dumpest thing is to say a loosing team has a good bench. I'm not in the north east anymore but I watch basket ball all the time. But guess what ABC, ESPN, and TNT usually air the games of loosing teams. That's why NY Post is soo important Use your brain. From the looks of your postings you don't use it that often.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
WE HAVE THE BEST BENCH IN THE LEAGUE...

if u werent so stupid u would be able to see the talent we have and relize that.....

C-Channing frye-Athletic bigman who can score from almost anywhere on teh court and can play a lil D. he can run the courts as well

PF-Jerome Williams-A player who shows alot of hustle, he keeps going even the the play looks as if it could be over, he can score once in a while but is an AMAZING defender

SF-Trevor Ariza- A player who shows alot of hustle, he keeps going even the the play looks as if it could be over, he can score downlow and penetrate. He is working on his shooting game withc will only get him bettre, he can block some shots, he will frustrate players with his lock down defense, he can penetrate, and bring exitement bye dunking once in a while when gets the chance.

SG-Jamal Crawford-A great offensive player who has one of the best crossovers in teh game, he can shoot the J or penetrate to the basket (even tho he would rather settle for teh Jumper, but the coaches are working on him penetrating) although he isnt a good defender, he doesnt need to be becuase he will usuall be playing against the backup 2guard

PG-Nate robinson-Great penetrator strong, can score anywhere on teh court, from wut ive heard and seen in teh summerleague he can play sum D, he hustles, and likes to run teh court. he has an amazing verticle witch will get the Garden roaring when hell dunk.

PLUS WE HAVE DEPTH PAST THAT.....MO TAYLOR, MALIK ROSE, ALLEN HOUSTON, LEE, PENNY

are u ****ing kidding me.....dont speak on a subject u no nothing about....if u where smart and acually thoght who was on our bench u would relize how good it was........and from some1 who hasnt seen much knick games last year and couldnt see how effective our bench was then U HAVE NO SAY!

and i will neva be on ur nuts so stfu....

donchris

I have scean some dumb posting but by far your last one was the dumbest. I can't figure it out. Your ether blind, misinformed or just punchy. How can a team have a loosing season and have the best bench in the leage. That makes no sence. You have a loser thought process. Prior to trading Kurt Thomas the Knicks were the 4th worst team in the leage. The fact is we have guys on our team that, as I said earlier, shoud not be on the starting line up. Naturally if our starting line up sucks and would most likely be the bench of most other teams, how can we have the best bench in the leage. Naturally the bench will be not as good as the starter. What the F#!k are you talking about. Somebody copy that statement and put it in the trash forum. This is the problem with fans. Some of them love a team soo much they actually fool them selves into believing the curent team is good. The only change that has been made that allows me to believe we can make it to the playoffs is the aquisition of Jerome James and Larry Brown. The best bench in the leage! If you really believe that create it as a new topic. I DARE YOU! Title it in all caps "THE BEST BENCH IN THE LEAGE." This is my good word. I won't leave one responce! If you really believe it, then do it so every one can see how much of an @ss you are. LOL

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
FIRST OFF......THERE IS SOMTHING CALLED THE OFFSEASON.......WE ADDED MORE PEOPLE TO THE BENCH such as

crawford
robinson
frye

last year our bench made alot of defensive stops...whitch u cant see cuz U CANT WATCH THE KNICK GAMES.....

u are a true idiot to argue with me...u had not mad n e sense.......

we have THE BEST bench in the league....when u name a bench that is better then u can post in my topic yea thats right I made this MY TOPIC.....cuz u obviously dont no wtf u are talking about

crawford_fan1

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 -

"Wheres the bench??? we have youth and athleticism coming off the bench. plus veteran leadership aswell..i expect a trade or two more but EVEN now we have a bench... "

"Channing Frye...Jackie Butler...Maurice Taylor...Malik Rose...Jerome Williams...David Lee..Trevor Ariza...Jamal Crawford...Penny Hardaway...Nate Robinson... "
____________________________________________________________________________________
You don't know who will be on the bench because you don't know who will be in the starting line up. So as soon as you know who will be in the starting line up then you will know who will be on the bench.

donchris

I disagree. The only quality players comming of the bench in my oppinion are Crawford, Ariza, Penny, and maybe Robinson. Frye's not playing good Defence in the summer leage and I put little faith in rookies but that's just me, so David Lee's gotta show me something first. At any rate, don't expect too see this same group of guys deep into the season.

portega1968

El Cacique
donchris, with all due respect, David Lee will surprise you. That kid has serious hustle, a knack for rebounding and knocks down his free throws (a trait shared by our 3 rookies thank God). He will be a very good player in this league. Wait and see.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Frye is basically an athletic kurt thomas with deeper range....frye will do just fine

jerome williams.....is a beastly defender.....

wut else do u need to no......

y in hell did u mention pennys name.....he did horrible last year......he had like one good game...

plus he wont get n e burn with ariza and crawford ahead of him

FLipfacTion4LyfE

Benchwarmer
I reeeaally hope david lee doesnt turn into another sundov.. and i hope that brown gives frye decent playing time cuz u know how he is with the younger players..

ny3nyk

Rotation player
hey flipfaction4lyfe, do u go to st francis prep? i thought i saw you in the blog in xanga . if you are then well im going to be a freshman there on september. my xanga is m23l. anyway back to the knicks. david lee will no way in hell turn into another sundov. well, first of all hes not croation. second, lee is crazy on the boards and is good at moving without the ball. if he was a bit taller i think he could easily start over sweetney or rose. and what knicksfan20 said about frye being a kurt thomas, well i disagree. kurt thomas was a leader, and far better rebounder

donchris

I think you've got to give these guys a few years to develop. So far Frye's not too impressive in the summer league. He's gotten in fowl trouble in a few games and turned over the ball more than once. He'll get crushed in the season, which is why Thomas brought in James.