jerome williams expected to be cut

ny3nyk

Rotation player
jerome williams is expected to be cut with the amnesty clause. i think cutting him is better than cutting taylor because taylor has only 2 years left on his contract which is better than jyd's 5. dont know if its official, but realgm is reporting that he is expected to be cut. i hate to see him go because he was an important part of our bench and hustle, we all wish him the best

NYKnicks15

Starter
yea i still think they should of went with Rose who has 3 years left on his contract but yea..i agree Williams should be cut over Taylor though..

i think Allans gonna **** us over tho adn welll be stuck with him. atleast the cutting of Jerome will clear a roster spot :?

my Eric Snow & Eddy Curry FOR Drew Gooden & David Lee FOR Jamal Crawford & Jerome WIlliams trade isnt looking so bad right about now is it? :lol:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
According to NY Post, not only will the Knicks keep Houston, waiving Shandon Anderson's bought-out contract that saves about $18 million in luxury tax, Maurice Taylor ($19.8M savings) or Jerome Williams ($12.5M). Houston would have saved $39.8M in luxury tax. What I found the most interesting is that according to the Post, Knicks are pursuing amnesty "casualties" as they put it, of Brian Grant and Aaron McKie, and Michael Finley. If Finley is waived as expected today, the amnesty free agents are expected to seek either the veteran's minimum of $1.1M or the lower exception ($1.7M). I know Thomas said before that he's not going in the Finley direction, but to me he's the best player so far that may play for the veteran's minimum. Also Brian Grant could be useful off the bench. As specially for the money.

donchris

JYD? You mean Junk Yard Dog! That was the man! Oh my bad! Your talking about Williams. lol It's not that bad of a move. I mean I would have liked to see Houston go but it is the next best thing. Well sort of. The down side to the clause is it doesn't allow cap relief. The dark days were the days of last season. I'm more interested in seing the players we will acquire in the coming months. This is grinding time. No I in Team.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
WUT IS ISAIH ****ING STUPID........CUTTING JYD HAS GOT TO BE HES DUMBEST MOVE YET......HE WAS MOST DEF. MY FAVORITE KNICKS.......AND AN IMPORTANT PLAYER OFF THE BENCH......**** YOU ISAIH THOMAS

timnakhla

Rookie
I agree that was VERY BAD move..I think we should've gotten rid of Shandon Anderson contract instead...JYD was the MAN...I'm extreeeeeeemly disappointed as a true Knick fan :machinegun:

portega1968

El Cacique
Isiah should explain why he cut JYD instead of waving Shandon's deal. One less defensive-minded player, not to mention extreme hustle.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
damn our best defensive player was cut wat is isaiah thomas thinking of is he trying to make us worse or better he better have a good counter for this like make a good trade or something because i know alot of knicks fans r pissed off

Trin_Starr

Starter
Apparently Isiah didn't see the game in the garden when JYD poked free the ball, ran down the court, dove on the floor to grab the loose ball from the opposing player, and while sliding on the court, passed it to TT for the dunk.
Nor did he see the game in Philly when the knicks were down 19 in he 4th and JYD singlehandedly took the knicks to the win, scoring 12pts in the 4th and dishing the assist to H20 for the game tying 3!!

I thought he would have fit in so well with Larry's system.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
i think its cuz hes trying to build a youthful team

and he nos houston is goin to retire.....

but cut malik rose not jerome willliams...i was about to custimize a jersey that had jyd on teh back.....im so pissed right now.....i seriously when i saw on espn that he got cut i threw my remote at my wall and there is now a lil hole in the wall.....

i am seriously that pissed

e_D

Benchwarmer
Call me crazy, but maybe Isiah cut JYD because we have a pretty decent clone of him who goes my the name of David Lee. Sure he's a rook, but he'll be the hustle and energy, defensive minded player that JYD was. Just give it some time.

I'm also guessing Larry Brown had no problems with the move, since him and Isiah are so tight and probably discussing all personnel matters.

Sure, I'm a bit disappointed to see JYD go, but I trust it was a step in the right direction.

nyk33334

Benchwarmer
JYD. what else is there to say? even though the knicks had a horrible season last year, JYD always had a positive outlook. I always see him in games saving people from falling, and picking players up off the floor. he doesn't play dirty. he seems to be very sincere. no hard feelings, im sure he understands the knicks situation. thanks for everything JYD. WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!

donchris

Once again I play devil's advocate by saying Let's all take it easy and have faith in the Knicks leadership. They know what they are doing. We've got Larry Brown at the helm. Isiah has made some questionable moves in the past but let's wait it out. It will all work out in the end and we will be a better team with out Williams. Count on it!

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
then y cut jerome when we have worse pf and worse contracts

y not cut rose, or taylor....it makes no sense.....now that houston plans to come back and hes not retireing....he should of been cut......wtf at isaih thomas...

i am so mad right now......stupid mistake...he was the hear and energy of this ball club...everyone like the guy.....

portega1968

El Cacique
JYD was offered a position in scouting, broadcasting or community service, which was a nice gesture by Isiah. Maybe he knows something we don't.

Rose should've ('cause of his 4yrs) but wasn't getting the ax 'cause he's practically the only Knick made to Larry's liking.

Mo could've but he'll soon be a tradeable asset anyways.

I agree totally that David Lee has JYDtype hustle, that kid really plays!!! I'm overdosing on all our rookies' potential (Nate, Lee, Ariza and even Frye will develop nicely).

Bets are on for Allan Houston retiring or returning, watcha think? I said all along he wasn't getting the ax. He has the owner's attention big time.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
if this is true portega.....i hope ur telling the truth... if he was to retire and become a scout that would make me a lil more happyer but....

if he is gonna retire.....y would we cut him and not anderson....so this way we get them both off the books....im not sayin i dont believe u....but i would like to see where u heard about him being a scout

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
man that just pist me off, i dont wanna talk about it, Jerome Williams has alot of heat and I wish him luck where his NBA travels take him....